Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best items for mage

This is a discussion on Best items for mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Keep in mind that as u lvl higher the hp point value on items will get higher meaning that 5 ...
Page: 1

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Keep in mind that as u lvl higher the hp point value on items will get higher meaning that 5 hp on an agate earring would not be the same as 50 hp on a cleric ear.
    also i factor in price

Lets start with earrings

High Class

this is the most controversial part cuz we all know that iron neck reigns supreme over all the necklaces so to makes this more interesting will make it wp+2 ep+2 vs iron neck cuz if u have the dough to buy iron neck im sure u got the dough to buy one of these

Elemental Pendant +2 ( well after studying the wp and iron neck ep has same 20 hp as iron neck and 300 more though it lacks the resist that the wp has the price helps it move to the top. more hp and more useful stats such as int which would help alot specially if u are ice or light mage)

Warrior Pendant +2 ( way less hp than ep and a little more than iron neck but the reaon it beats the iron neck is cuz of the ac + resistances + a little more hp.. )

Iron neck ( it has 10 defense to all great BUT this would be useful only if u were always tanking lke a warrior.. but for a mage u are far away jsut dropping novas or running in and focusing on stunning priest or running away tping party so since ur running away trying to survive more... more hp would me more valuable)

feel free to disagree with me on any item

again i was bored so i decided to write this to help people choose items for their character if they ever decide to play mage.

Armor!!!

the reason the stat points came low was because the helmet i put it as default +6 crstal so it could simulate teh dd helm

i used armor calculator in kodb

Crystal +9
    345 total defense
    76 stat points (which would mean 76 hp points)

Complete +8
    388 total defense
    60 stat points ( 60 hp points)

u guys choose

zooli

Keep in mind that as u lvl higher the hp point value on items will get higher meaning that 5 hp on an agate earring would not be the same as 50 hp on a cleric ear.
    also i factor in price
    Lets start with earrings
    High Class

this is the most controversial part cuz we all know that iron neck reigns supreme over all the necklaces so to makes this more interesting will make it wp+2 ep+2 vs iron neck cuz if u have the dough to buy iron neck im sure u got the dough to buy one of these

Elemental Pendant +2 ( well after studying the wp and iron neck ep has same 20 hp as iron neck and 300 more though it lacks the resist that the wp has the price helps it move to the top. more hp and more useful stats such as int which would help alot specially if u are ice or light mage)

Warrior Pendant +2 ( way less hp than ep and a little more than iron neck but the reaon it beats the iron neck is cuz of the ac + resistances + a little more hp.. )

Iron neck ( it has 10 defense to all great BUT this would be useful only if u were always tanking lke a warrior.. but for a mage u are far away jsut dropping novas or running in and focusing on stunning priest or running away tping party so since ur running away trying to survive more... more hp would me more valuable)

again i was bored so i decided to write this to help people choose items for their character if they ever decide to play mage.
    Armor!!!

the reason the stat points came low was because the helmet i put it as default +6 crstal so it could simulate teh dd helm

Crystal +9
    345 total defense

Complete +8
    388 total defenset

u guys choose[/b]
    Really nice post!
    Before new moradon came out I would have said that i miss Amu of Int in your list but as things are now I agree in most of what you wrote.

why dont add the biff rings??
    flamerings
    imirs
    shio tears

and u say ep+2 over a in but i disagree
    as a mage your next to the priest as target number 1
    most melees will focus on u and the priest

the 10 weapon defence will last all the fight even if u are debuffed while the ac and hp off a wp/ ep will be duffed away

so ep+3 > in but in > ep+2 for me

why dont add the biff rings??
    flamerings
    imirs
    shio tears

and u say ep+2 over a in but i disagree
    as a mage your next to the priest as target number 1
    most melees will focus on u and the priest

the 10 weapon defense will last all the fight even if u are debuffed while the ac and hp off a wp/ ep will be duffed away

so ep+3 > in but in > ep+2 for me[/b]
    reason i didnt add the brfrost ringns was because those in my opinion are for mages that have teh idea that they wanna hit harder or wanan stun more... so i u fire mage u aint gonna get rol... u are gonna go look for all the fire rings u can have same with imirs and glaciers...

bifrost rings are the most useable for for the damager stunner and slower... but for support/ tanker u might want a little more stats

like i said earlier this is all just my opinion so u are all welcomed to disagree

even though ur always the next target next to the priest or sometimes ur even the only target... a mage has to know when to run and how to stay a safe distance away from enemies cuz as maye people will agree mages job is to teleport party members... so wat i would rather do is stay in the back somtimes close to priest and static hemisphere the enemies priest( static hemispshere wokrs great at cancellin cures)

also keeo in mind that some of the deadliest enemies arent melles at all they are mages.. so thats when all that extra hp comes into play.

another keep in mind is that the ep +2 pwns the iron neck sooo hard while u exp

Saunis

I had ep+2 (on BeanMachine), but when I did pk, I was only mage in our party so mosty I was our party 1. target.
    My surviving was much better when I changed my ep to IN. (wea.def. > hp/int/def)

and after I got ds+7, I could take 2-4 enemys, before they could kill me.

dam wells i gots owned thenn i stand corrected =/

Don't play mage but helping a friend to build his mage, my opinion:

For melee-party support mage, which means you are in melee party most of the time, and of course you have to be ice mage (not looking to deal much damage but rather leave it to melee), Dread Shield +8 & Lycaon Hammer & crystal set +9 is best combination.

If you can get CS that would be a lot better but will cost you whole lot more than Dread shield. With Crystal set you'll get 20 HP bonus which approximately equal to 540 hp (20 + 16 =36HP bonus) more than complete set's HP.

If you have top of the line accessories, +1/+2 unique, the 16 extra stat points can use for INT, you will slow people as much as Complete mage's build. I would take IN over EP as well since this build has lots of HP and AC so far, no need to have more HP.

We are currently using ds+7 and lycaon +5 and not top of the line accessories:

-over 150 Resist, 1400+ ac, 8k+ HP with undy (using DD helmet and 1 crystal +8 )

With +2/+3 unique, getting over 1500ac, 10k HP is not impossible on mage and lots of weapon defence (IB+IN+Dread shield/CS)

i completely agree eith the cs part. but i ds doesnt appeal to me.
    it has high ac but also remember the higher ac u have the more ur ac will drop with malice or torment.

and crystal +9 is awesome i completely agree with that.

wat staff would u rather use with ds build?

wendolyn1987

also i factor in price
    Lets start with earrings
    High Class

Armor!!!

Crystal +9
    345 total defense

Complete +8
    388 total defense

u guys choose[/b]

+1111111111

i like what you said about iron necklace tankin like a warrior thats what i like to do as mage xD

lol..but ne ways very helpful for nooby mage players ( like myself )

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

LKP > SSE > CE > AE (those are the only ones you should be thinking of using as a mage)

FR/ST/IR > ROC > ROL (this is the order for damage built)
    ROL > FR/ST/IR (support wise)

IB > GB > SB > BB (if you are complete mage then use IB, if you are for example paper, use GB)

IN > EP (if you can get a EP +3 or even +2, and if you have all the armor defenses then get the EP instead of IN)

Senior Member TheWorldWelivingIn's Avatar

damn i got a lot to learn from this topic i knew ep +2 would be bettert han in, but rols worse than leggionare band, seems true for a mage

this is just all my opinion. i would use it to give me and idea of wat factors to use when choosing ur items / uniques

Saunis

But theres no single "best items" set for mage.
    Because items what you use debend how you play whit your mage.

When I was my partys only tp/support mage, my dmg was no important. It was important, how much I had weapon defence & ac, so I wont be first who dies.
    and when we got 2 priests in our party, we could stand in keeper several minutes. In CSW many times there was 3-8 people trying to kill me but I just run and they did not could do enough dmg to me.

But if you play in magepartys, do exp & novatowns, ep would be better than IN.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

LOL last time i checked u can't wear leginairre band and hero's valor on a mage

Imhotep

LOL last time i checked u can't wear leginairre band and hero's valor on a mage[/b]
    you can use a legionaire band, just not a hero's valor 0.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast