Best road to gear up for CZ

This is a discussion on Best road to gear up for CZ within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hello, I am currently playing Europa server with a warrior lvl 80. Plan is to grind my way to 83 ...
Page: 1

Default Best road to gear up for CZ

Hello, I am currently playing Europa server with a warrior lvl 80. Plan is to grind my way to 83 but also do some PK meanwhile.
    I currently have Krowaz+7 set, old acc and a raptor7 as weapon for grinding.

My question is which steps should I take next?
    - buy better weapon? (I could afford something around 40-50gbs - so HB8/Avedon8? , Buju7, maybe a +7 curse weapon? Raptor9 I think is more than that?)
    - buy better accesories? Where to start - rings, earrings, pendant, belt? Was thinking about fovs+3, sos+1/2 first?

Also, anyone up-to-date with prices on Europa for this kind of weapons/gear? Gbs or $, doesn't matter.

I won't go PVP alone so I could go with a support build until I get decent gear (that's why I got krowaz7 set first).

Thanks!
    Last edited by FreeSpirit; 06-11-2015 at 04:59 PM. Reason: changed from warrior to nothing since it's more general questions

Okay, since I figured out that the question above is hard to answer, let me put it another way.

What's a decent value for AP to have in CZ for Warrior, Sin and Archer? For Europa server as example. Although I think that once a target is debuffed, with this 'decent' AP one should be able to kill that target easily or inflict serious damage.

The reason for this question is that a lot of us are returning players and we kind of need some milestones to reach.
    I mean our warriors are around 3k AP now (with krowaz+7, raptor+8 and a combination of old acc or +2/3 str only belts/amulets.)
    Our archers barely reach 2k AP I think. Not sure about our sins.

I am aware of the AP calculation formula for each class so we can tweak our builds to reach certain values. Just don't know what the milestones are...

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

Welp, u have ur armor, ur set on that. What I would suggest is :

Get a chaos wirinom+7. U need that curse to off to cover up for ur lost damage and to disable the guys ur targeting,For rings, get dual fov+2, get a sos+1 or +2 with that, a neck+0 and what earrings u can afford. i would suggest maybe 16/3 str earrings to cover up on that AP again since u wont get too much with a wirinom just +7. or get pe's+1 and u should be fine.. work on getting a buju+8 next, then better rings or earrings or upgrade ur in to +1 or 2

nub
    Banned

I'd say save all of your money and babashop after you hit 83

........over 9000

NEINNNNN Senior Member Truffles's Avatar

Well it seems that aside from a few individuals the average warrior isn't all that well geared. I hardly think you'll find all too many average over about 3-3.5k~ AP (this is only particularly true for Europa, the others I'm unsure about).

If you can get at least get a +7 Buju in comparison to a Raptor +8. Like 187 (189for exceptional?) compared to 201 for a weapon that is almost equal to a Raptor +9. (Largely cheap too since there's so many of them).

Krowaz set +7 is fine for the most part, Minotaur earrings have dropped in price recently so you can use them as a substitute for PE's to save some money, SoS (String of Skulls or Sash of Sorrows) are good for pure AP if you don't have an Iron belt while you can get by using Foverin +2s or 3 (+3 is still pretty cheap these days) but you can get the way of old RoCs if need be.

Hope it helps somewhat. Sorry for the odd paragraphs, I really hate typing on anything that's not on Word so it tends to look messed up.

Thank you all for your input. I was thinking the same for warrior - 3.5k AP should be fine, provided the other stats like hp and resistances are not very low.
    How about Archer or Sin? We have 2 archers in clan, possibly 3 in the near future. I am thinking 2.5k AP is a good target?

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

2,5k ap archer wont do alot tbh, also with that gear i wrote for the warrior u still need to farm hard to get better gears

Understood. Even 2.5k AP is hard to get without +9s or OP bow. With affordable +3 uniques, krowaz7/shell8 combo 3+2 and an IB+8 the calculated AP is around 2k base at lvl 80...
    But you know, power is in numbers and we just want to have fun playing what class each likes the most.
    So yeah, you guys confirmed our expectations. We only have a few weeks since we rejoined KO and we take it step by step.
    So far we enjoyed creating bonds while leveling and helping each other. Just like old KO times.
    Thanks again for your answers!

Genius Senior Member ExclusiveBastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpirit View Post
    Understood. Even 2.5k AP is hard to get without +9s or OP bow. With affordable +3 uniques, krowaz7/shell8 combo 3+2 and an IB+8 the calculated AP is around 2k base at lvl 80...
    But you know, power is in numbers and we just want to have fun playing what class each likes the most.
    So yeah, you guys confirmed our expectations. We only have a few weeks since we rejoined KO and we take it step by step.
    So far we enjoyed creating bonds while leveling and helping each other. Just like old KO times.
    Thanks again for your answers!
    Quote Originally Posted by ExclusiveBastard View Post

One of first Iron Bows+8 on euko, i was proud of it.

Lvl79, 2x chitin+8, 3x troll armor

old skb
    2x old rol
    2x old rogue earing
    old priest pendant

Iron bow +8

so it's not that hard.

Lvl79, 2x chitin+8, 3x troll armor

old skb
    2x old rol
    2x old rogue earing
    old priest pendant

Iron bow +8

so it's not that hard.
    Nice! Is IB+8 better than EE+7? It costs more, but doesn't have the bonuses EE+7 has.

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

Average Europa sin ap is around 3000 full sc+ red pot.
    Average Europa rogue ap is around 3300 full sc + red pot.

As long as you have the following, you should be alright:
    - krowaz 7 set
    - +1 uniques all around
    - if you're an archer, Azegei+7 or 8
    - for sin, DUAL MOONLIGHTS+7. Daggers are important also, I recommend Khanjar+8 or 7, and a high+ dark vane if you can get your hands on one. But jamadars will get you far against priests and most people during peak hours.

Thanks for the info
    Even though sin is better for a number of reasons, I like archer more. And there will be two of us archers + rest of party.
    I was thinking the same about gear so my top priority is to get an Azagai+7 and then work on that krowaz set.
    The warrior I had went to a clannie via CSS so all advice I got here went over to him.