Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

124 Def vs 1.4k HP

This is a discussion on 124 Def vs 1.4k HP within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hey guys! Quick question.. I just thought up a quick build, and wanted to run it by you guys. Right ...
Page: 1

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

Default 124 Def vs 1.4k HP

Hey guys! Quick question..

I just thought up a quick build, and wanted to run it by you guys. Right now, I'm statted for crystal 9, and I'm getting 687 defense with my faun on. If I were to restat to paper HP build, id lose 124 defense, but gain 1.4k hp. This would bring my undy hp to about 10700.

These would be my stats:

914 defense (more when/if I change imirs +2 to dual rols +2)
    10700 HP with UNDY.
    Of course, If the build does work out, I'd eventually change to mage paper +9 HP, and +7 wep def armors. Keep in mind I will mostly be using a talia while in PK, so my buffed defense will probably be alot closer to 1k then 914.

Thoughts/comments? The build seems pretty good to me.

PS: My uniques are:
    IMIRS +2
    EP +3
    Agate ear +2 (will change to wse +2)
    Bronze Ear +3
    Glass belt
    Crystal top and bottom +9
    Crims helm +8
    Complete 8 boots and gloves.

Keep in mind I'm also a support mage, always. My job with the aztek faun +7 is to stun/curse the priest. I'm thinking with 10700 HP, Spear/dd talia and spear/dd boots/helmet, I will be able to tank hits enough to do my job. I'm also close to 80 so blink will help my survivability (lvl 79 atm)

Quick edit: If I do like the build, I'd be ditching the imirs +2, my elysium +8, and all of my armors to get paper set +9, and rols +1/2
    Last edited by Riley; 08-08-2009 at 04:57 PM.

upupupupupupupupupupup

dadypop

Take the paper set. Don't forget your extra damage too. That will force the priests & other people you stun to have to make a little bit of extra effort to heal themselves too.

I wasn't planning on going 255 mp ^^.

I was planning on going full HP. 243HP i believe at lvl 79.

R.I.P. Markis Senior Member zXFuryXz's Avatar

u will get your poo pushed up your bum the second u get debuffed :P

first of all, screw the rols imirs ftw

paper build will be better, as long as u'll use talias... and also u'll get paper defs (u r from olimpia, right?) so that's another point for papers

as for your earrings, maybe LKP +2/3 would do better than WSE? :P BE gives gg hp and you'll need some extra resists

What about MP build, cizia? I'd lose about 750 hp, and 150 defense, compared to right now so I'd have like..900 defense, I'd hit for about 700 dmg with lightning, and I'd have about 7k hp with undy.

thought u want to be a support? :P

well, that's your choise... right now paper mage is only good with krowaz staff so it's up to you to decide whether you want to be a support or a dmg dealer :P think about your clan and your server, are you going to survive? is your clan going to stay alive with no support mage? etc, etc :P

after playing some time on a lightning mage and right now on an ice one, I believe that MP affects slow/stun rate as well, so you should stun better with MP build

change ur ep+3 with ironneck

and go paper set+9 they r cheaper and change the imirs to dual rols+2 or 1 imir 1 rol
    and keep ur taila ready

IN ain't that good... ppl just like to have a lot of weapon defs thinking they will be unkillable, and never taking anything more under consideration...

I've compared EP +2 to IN +1 and still liked EP more... so screw the IN

also it's way overpriced (it's something like 2x EP +2 or even more, depending on server)

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

if you are playing support why do you want to go paper build to get raped? why did you get the faun to get - AC?

honestly if you are going support, not crystal, not crimson... but complete set +8 as I see you won't have trouble getting it... and as for staff, switch it off to elysium +8

edit: I just read last part, and u have elysium +8 already.. so good. And if you think of taking out the Imir rings for ROLs then you will fail big time as a support mage as you probably won't even stun anyone.

Raoul

support paper just sounds like a fail. Everyone will want to destroy you on site, it works for bps because they can heal themselves for absurd hp. I would suggest going with your complete+8 and get a dread shield+7 or gab adamant +7 or something along those lines and a lycaon hammer or something and just tank it up.

Just an FYI, paper build is working out fine I will be selling my armors ASAP. I have 222 into MP, 70 into INT, and 152 into HP, and I am doing much better in PK. My defense is about 920 with 350 AC and ac enchant, and my HP is like 7994 or something like that with undy. My damage is in the 650-700 range with the faun, and my stun rate is still the same.

You figure.. I was only able to reach this HP with full heal crystal build. When I was statted like that, I had 139 into MP, and hit for shit, and had 1100 or So AC. As similarly statted MP build crystal, I was hitting for 700, but had 6.7k HP, and 999 defense with Faun. Now, as paper..I have 8k HP, 920 Defense, and I hit for 700. With a DD helmet, and the ability to switch talias, I am having no problem in PK. In fact, I am doing much better. Once I sell my armors and my elysium 8 my uniques will be much better. I'm thinking..Imirs +3, SSE +2's or WSE's +3, just to help make up for the mana loss, which is my only con atm.

You guys obviously haven't played with the cursed staves yet. I'd have to say as any build mage, they definitely change the way you play your character and how you look at PK. As a lightning mage, my one and only priority in PK is to stun and cancel the priest's heals and debuffs, on top of keeping my party all at the scene of the battle. The faun also has the added bonus of the curse, which..honestly rapes parties. Generally, it activates at least once, many times twice in a battle, and when it does, it pretty much takes out the priest instantly. If it doesnt, the party's other priest does, or if he's smart, he'll stop healing himself, and my dmg will finish him off.

It seems like mages nowadays are forced into the role of "I must be a tank, so I can stay alive and keep my party alive". You can be a tank, while also being paper, and I was skeptical as well, but now I'm loving the build. I encourage you to try it out as well

And to Raoul..everyone comes after you regardless as a mage. No difference there. Not like they know I'm paper ^^ Besides, my party always has two awesome priests, so It's hard to kill me anyways. I always keep my talia on, as well as my DD helmet, so defense is even less effective when compared to the other builds.

Raoul

if you got the priests for it. I would say go for it, that was my really only concern. It doesnt really matter what you do if you rolling with 2 good priests, you wont die and will get np regardless.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Just an FYI, paper build is working out fine I will be selling my armors ASAP. I have 222 into MP, 70 into INT, and 152 into HP, and I am doing much better in PK. My defense is about 920 with 350 AC and ac enchant, and my HP is like 7994 or something like that with undy. My damage is in the 650-700 range with the faun, and my stun rate is still the same.

You figure.. I was only able to reach this HP with full heal crystal build. When I was statted like that, I had 139 into MP, and hit for shit, and had 1100 or So AC. As similarly statted MP build crystal, I was hitting for 700, but had 6.7k HP, and 999 defense with Faun. Now, as paper..I have 8k HP, 920 Defense, and I hit for 700. With a DD helmet, and the ability to switch talias, I am having no problem in PK. In fact, I am doing much better. Once I sell my armors and my elysium 8 my uniques will be much better. I'm thinking..Imirs +3, SSE +2's or WSE's +3, just to help make up for the mana loss, which is my only con atm.

You guys obviously haven't played with the cursed staves yet. I'd have to say as any build mage, they definitely change the way you play your character and how you look at PK. As a lightning mage, my one and only priority in PK is to stun and cancel the priest's heals and debuffs, on top of keeping my party all at the scene of the battle. The faun also has the added bonus of the curse, which..honestly rapes parties. Generally, it activates at least once, many times twice in a battle, and when it does, it pretty much takes out the priest instantly. If it doesnt, the party's other priest does, or if he's smart, he'll stop healing himself, and my dmg will finish him off.

It seems like mages nowadays are forced into the role of "I must be a tank, so I can stay alive and keep my party alive". You can be a tank, while also being paper, and I was skeptical as well, but now I'm loving the build. I encourage you to try it out as well

And to Raoul..everyone comes after you regardless as a mage. No difference there. Not like they know I'm paper ^^ Besides, my party always has two awesome priests, so It's hard to kill me anyways. I always keep my talia on, as well as my DD helmet, so defense is even less effective when compared to the other builds.
    i agree

high ac aint shit if u aint got the hp to back it up. wat is beautiful about paper builld is that u will STILL have high hp and decent ac even if u roll with full defense gear. ac is good but never forget weapons defense.

now with the news staffs there damage is the same as a complete build.

on papaer mage.. i would take an iron neck over and ep.. i would lose ALOT of hp but would feel alot safer with those 10 weapons dfense specially is people find out im paper and jsut decide to malic me xD. my preference ofc.

but after everything is said and done.. SKILLS is wat determines how good u are.. pick ur battles.. and remember your not running away instead ur strategically falling back..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast