the best support build?

This is a discussion on the best support build? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; i been fucking around int kingofknight looking for different builds and for support it seems u benefit ALOT more from ...
Page: 1

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Default the best support build?

i been fucking around int kingofknight looking for different builds

and for support it seems u benefit ALOT more from going lower tier in

mage armor

complete +8 vs tier 3 armor +8 the difference in ac was like 80 ac at

most. but tier 3 had almost 1.1k more hp than complete

this was done with same uniques

dual +3 sse dual +3 rols ep+3 iron belt and ds +7.

so wat u think u prefer for support higher tier or lower tier?

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

Lower tier.

Here is me with semi-support build as crystal +9. I dont exactly have an SS as full HP crystal, but it was only like 30 more points into HP so like 800 HP I think.

Here is me as full support paper.

With your rols and SSE's, you will definitely have 11-12k hp on undy, plus about 1150 or so AC as paper using 350 AC and enchant. You'd have to use a cursed staff though, or a paper staff, but as support aztek and kaul curses are amazingly supportive so the -70AC is more then worth it.

PS: I've been both shield build and staff build, and I find by far that the curse is better than having the shield on. As long as you have GG priests I dont think having 1500 AC will be more beneficial then having 1200 AC and a curse.

wow crazy hp on paper build :O just need 1 of those new shields to keep u alive and your good also wondering how is it better with staff and not a shield?
    Last edited by 稣제逸눇Leqend; 08-15-2009 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 稣제逸눇Leqend View Post
    wow crazy hp on paper build :O just need 1 of those new shields to keep u alive and your good also wondering how is it better with staff and not a shield?
    playing with shield sucks for me... and it's better cuz you can curse every1 not just run around and tp (which is boring as hell)

as for paper support... the thing you used to lose was a staff - now you can use Krowaz's one, but it's ain't that good for support (-70def is a bit :P) and it's a bit expensive
    also, you can't use chitin defs, you gotta use paper ones (I always need them ) which are way more expensive..

but overall, the paper build is nice one, since the new staffs were implemented but it's a bit more expensive
    Last edited by cizia; 08-15-2009 at 05:14 AM.

R.I.P. Markis Senior Member zXFuryXz's Avatar

Assuming your lvl 80+ I'd go for 80 light with paper armor with an adamant +7 or higher with a lycoan/ lobo +7 or higher. One of my favorite mages I've ever pked with had this build.

paper ds support build is by far the best. every point into hp over 100 is hp and 1 ac. put just enough into str for gabs or ds and stack everything else into hp...nothing into int. You will have beast hp and ac with shield and over 100ac from hp skill points. paper+8/9, talias, and nice uniques (ac>hp) and you're set