Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

bow/ accessories for ardream archer

This is a discussion on bow/ accessories for ardream archer within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hey guys im switching my ardream sin to archer because its just gotten abit boring so i thought i would ...
Page: 1

Default bow/ accessories for ardream archer

Hey guys im switching my ardream sin to archer because its just gotten abit boring so i thought i would change it up abit.
    My current gear is all chitin +8 and olds. ive sold my shard+8 and still have 2 shard 7's (one excep shard7) and a wb8 to sell so ill have over 12gbs to spare once everything is sold, just wondering which bow and accessories to buy ? should i go for EE+7 or IB8 ?

pls help

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

go helenid+7 (or possible rev2 rev3) with enchant scroll you will get nice boost in ap since it doesn't apply with bows only cross bows. Accessory depends if you go, more of a tank build, but in ardream archers are pretty weak, you'd want to stack as much as attack power as possible.

i havent seen a helenid for sale yet, id prefer straight AP for the fun of it.

you'll have higher AP with helenid rev2 and weapon enchant scroll then with iron bow+8, and you will hit harder aswell cause helenid has higher elemental damage.

Then again, you probably won't be able to enjoy archer much in ardream with this setup. I've seen archers in ardream to actually be able to inflict some damage, after they had +9 full plates, chitins, and at minimum +9 iron bow. It's because there's no master skill and the range damage is really crappy without high AP in ardream, so you need to compensate in gear.
    Last edited by SheldonCooper; 12-19-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Little archer Senior Member

Yeah like sheldon says unless you got ridiculous items you'll always hit people for 250-400 ranged arrows in ardream (575-800 counter strike).

You can still have fun killing noobs in 2 seconds if they tank your arrow shower though.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    I've seen archers in ardream to actually be able to inflict some damage, after they had +9 full plates, chitins, and at minimum +9 iron bow.
    me2
    https://youtu.be/nZ6-X-vXKiM?t=1m7s

First of all, archer in Ardream gets the best fun in close combat, when you can use combo. Therefore, you need to think about your HP as well. Because your combo might be damn fast and rivals do not have much HP, you should not focus only on AP.
    Secondly, with your current gear (chitins +8 and olds) there is no point going for helenid. You can take good advantage from EE.
    Of course my opinion is based on the assumption that you will focus on close combat, not on ranged arrow, which from my experience is really boring in Ardream.

Quote Originally Posted by ichallengeu View Post
    First of all, archer in Ardream gets the best fun in close combat, when you can use combo. Therefore, you need to think about your HP as well. Because your combo might be damn fast and rivals do not have much HP, you should not focus only on AP.
    Secondly, with your current gear (chitins +8 and olds) there is no point going for helenid. You can take good advantage from EE.
    Of course my opinion is based on the assumption that you will focus on close combat, not on ranged arrow, which from my experience is really boring in Ardream.
    +1 for warrior archer.

I personally like tanking archer style aswell, but the thing is when people gear up, they starts sliding a lot, and nowadays with all the pedals and macro mouses around, majority of people will simply slide from start, for the filler skill in this case you need range skill in between and they need to do some damage, otherwise you will get really frustrated. Sure you'll have some fun as archer if ardream is really populated, and you can just infiltrate in big fights and start comboing. That's my style, but for me it gets frustrating when you get caught alone by another melle or a mage with +2 / +3 elemental rings that will just slide the shit out of you and you can't range him for shit.

In the end all that matters is what fullfils you and what you enjoy as a player, if you are fine with killing people as tank and neglect the range damage and hope they won't slide you to much that is the way for you to go then

I always build tank archers myself aswell tho, but I baba the shit out of gear aswell :P And I do a lot of gear changing switching to range and tank mode.

It is possible to destroy the sliders aswell with a lot of quick reflexes and healing up in between, here's some examples even tho from a myko server but still. The gear on my archer here was utter shit but it's still enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BJxjPSksSw&t=474s this one is vs assasin sliding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BJxjPSksSw&t=548s this one is vs warrior sliding

Again gear here is really bad, no defence uniques or anything, simple quest stuff and full plates+6, so with a bit budget you can still do stuff like that altho combo on usko works a bit different then on myko

Regards !

-1 for tank archer until of course you outgear everyone. Your only hope will be to wait for some chickens to step into your shower. If they survive first hits and retreat you won't be able to finish them off.

I personally like tanking archer style aswell, but the thing is when people gear up, they starts sliding a lot, and nowadays with all the pedals and macro mouses around, majority of people will simply slide from start, for the filler skill in this case you need range skill in between and they need to do some damage, otherwise you will get really frustrated. Sure you'll have some fun as archer if ardream is really populated, and you can just infiltrate in big fights and start comboing. That's my style, but for me it gets frustrating when you get caught alone by another melle or a mage with +2 / +3 elemental rings that will just slide the shit out of you and you can't range him for shit.

In the end all that matters is what fullfils you and what you enjoy as a player, if you are fine with killing people as tank and neglect the range damage and hope they won't slide you to much that is the way for you to go then

I always build tank archers myself aswell tho, but I baba the shit out of gear aswell :P And I do a lot of gear changing switching to range and tank mode.

It is possible to destroy the sliders aswell with a lot of quick reflexes and healing up in between, here's some examples even tho from a myko server but still. The gear on my archer here was utter shit but it's still enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BJxjPSksSw&t=474s this one is vs assasin sliding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BJxjPSksSw&t=548s this one is vs warrior sliding

Again gear here is really bad, no defence uniques or anything, simple quest stuff and full plates+6, so with a bit budget you can still do stuff like that altho combo on usko works a bit different then on myko

Regards !
    Hey Sheldon any advice on how combo by using shower and far skills? I'm playing STKO and I can pretty tank most players using the scaled skin but when they slide, it starts to be boring af once they can't kill me but I can't kill they either hahaha.

My combo is pretty ok by using 5x (click) 3x (click). I'm not pro but im ok when they don't slide.

You need to try to predict their movement where the character's position will be next in the sliding sequence. So by the movement of the enemy you cast the arrow shower 0,5 second ahead at some position where you expect the enemy will be standing after the arrows leave your bow. This is really dificult and not where near a 100% success, that's why your range skill has to do some decent damage aswell to be the filler when you fail in prediction. It comes in time and a lot of "nerding" the archer, gear is also important for the filler range skills, cause not everytime you'll make a successfull hit.
    lEnemyDown likes this.

You need to try to predict their movement where the character's position will be next in the sliding sequence. So by the movement of the enemy you cast the arrow shower 0,5 second ahead at some position where you expect the enemy will be standing after the arrows leave your bow. This is really dificult and not where near a 100% success, that's why your range skill has to do some decent damage aswell to be the filler when you fail in prediction. It comes in time and a lot of "nerding" the archer, gear is also important for the filler range skills, cause not everytime you'll make a successfull hit.
    Holy molly this is hard. But appreciate your advice man. Gonna work on this and try to learn it. Gotta better gear me aswell for the range skills

Thank you Sir.

thanks for the help, i ended up getting an ironbow +8 since i couldnt find a helenid anywhere. still stuck on which accessories to get for max AP

Quote Originally Posted by dush91 View Post
    thanks for the help, i ended up getting an ironbow +8 since i couldnt find a helenid anywhere. still stuck on which accessories to get for max AP
    elf rings, silver earrings (or +12/1 compounded earrings), amulet of dexterity elf belt (or judicious belt) the higher the + on these the better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast