Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Bow damage & mechanics?

This is a discussion on Bow damage & mechanics? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Originally Posted by SheldonCooper It really depends on your budgent as well as on your level, however since you are ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    It really depends on your budgent as well as on your level, however since you are probably still in farming mode and attending events, i'd recommend you keep the resitance that holds on troll armor, you will have higher survivability, the damage difference compared to chitins+7 won't be drastical, get the iron bow+8 gain 10 extra elemental from that bow and more AP, for farming gold aspect it will add about the same as chitin set+8 with ib+7, but it will keep you more survivable if you keep your resistances for other parts of game. So if you weigh in what to get first, i'd say get the IB first, and when you'll be more packed with gold start working on other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Get the troll shells, keep pauldron and pads, go for chitin 7 on every other part and get the ib8 (or a helenid7 if they're like 50% cheaper than ib8)
    REAAAAAAAAALLY THANKS GUYS. You both are awesome!!!

Btw is helenid so great like that? Never had one xD

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lEnemyDown View Post
    REAAAAAAAAALLY THANKS GUYS. You both are awesome!!!

Btw is helenid so great like that? Never had one xD
    It technically has 125 AP if you combine it with a weapon enchant scroll. But people sell it at the price of a 121 bow because they're turks and they don't know about it. Then at +2 reb it's basically an ib8.
    lEnemyDown likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    It technically has 125 AP if you combine it with a weapon enchant scroll. But people sell it at the price of a 121 bow because they're turks and they don't know about it. Then at +2 reb it's basically an ib8.
    WOW Gonna work on it then.

Thanks Razor

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

@razor didn't they fixed the weapon enchants working with bows and crossbows? Last time i remember I know that bows didn't get boost on enchant but now they do, so the difference is in crossbow and bow? bow gets less boost and cross bow gets boost similar to a warrior if wielding a 2h weapon? I remember times when bows got 1 ap increase with enchant ye xD If cross bow gets really the drastical boost the choice is clear go for helenid 7 also has 90 elemental damage and on usko tanking combo seems a bit smoother with the crossbow.

@razor Weapon enchant scroll makes it 126 (it adds up 5).
    @sheldon Yes it still applies only to crossbows

You are amazing guys haha. really appreciate the help and advices.

The only problem is find a helenid in hellsgarem xD

That's the problem with new servers, there are no Horn Crossbows at higher +. Back in the days every archer had a +8 Horn Xbow as a starting gun, +9 has 122AP which is even better than Helenid and it was fairly cheap to upgrade

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

to make it a +9 it's still quite expensive you know, you need a lot of BUSes spent since it's middle class item, becoming high class at +7. And +9 ain't that easy to say, it's based on a lot of luck. So it can easily happen that you will spend a lot of gbs trying to make a +9 hornxbow yourself while you could spend that money into helenid+7, -> hornxbow+9 122 ap / 90 poison elemental ;; helenid+7 121 AP 90 ice elemental so you see there XD it's not worth going for hornx and lose time on it, the new usko version has bifrost gems all over so it's not that hard to get some helenids even on a new server.

Yeah I was talking about old servers, you could just grab fistful of +8s for 20m each, throw them on anvil and eventually make one +9

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    @razor didn't they fixed the weapon enchants working with bows and crossbows? Last time i remember I know that bows didn't get boost on enchant but now they do, so the difference is in crossbow and bow? bow gets less boost and cross bow gets boost similar to a warrior if wielding a 2h weapon? I remember times when bows got 1 ap increase with enchant ye xD If cross bow gets really the drastical boost the choice is clear go for helenid 7 also has 90 elemental damage and on usko tanking combo seems a bit smoother with the crossbow.
    No that's in apex.

I have similar question so I won't create new topic, hope it is ok for you.

I am thinking what weapon to choose. Actually I can choose between Restriceted diet windforce +8, helenid +8, ee +8, eventually ib +9.
    I want to play only CZ (so don't consider ardreams or rlb)
    Because Iron bow +9 has 141 ap (+90 poison) and Windforce +8 has 137 ap and 16 dex bonus, I believe that attack power will be better. In addition there is a curse. Unfortunately it has -70 def but it is acceptable.
    Next weapon in consideration is Helenid +8 - I easily don't know how much ap will add enchant scroll. Will it beat windforce +8 or not?

So .. what is your opinion? I would choose windforce but I am not sure.

Thanks

Banned Senior Member

Ofc windforce or helenid +9

Windforce beats all of those bows ap wise. Barely beats IB though.

It's not even a fair comparison, cursed weapons +8 get compared with regular / unique weapons +9. +8 vs a +8 cursed will almost always win.

Ok thank you guys.

People used to hate on crossbows because it was "felt" that it missed too often, and the increase in AP meant nothing if you were triggering elemental damage all the time. It was believed that crossbows had higher crits but higher miss rate. The thing is, most data sets that i saw posted on this were usually 1 exp session at uruk trons so its not really statistical.

Regardless of that, as others said, if you're looking for cheap AP, then xbows are the way to go, because the other top AP bows are the Windforce and the azaghai, and those arent cheap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12