Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Bow damage & mechanics?

This is a discussion on Bow damage & mechanics? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hello all I got a 80 archer in USKO, i have full dex, chitin reb+1, decent accesories and an iron ...
Page: 1

Default Bow damage & mechanics?

Hello all I got a 80 archer in USKO, i have full dex, chitin reb+1, decent accesories and an iron bow+7, that gives me 1956 AP. Now...i got an Undefeatable Windforce+7 and AP raised by 209 but the difference in damage is unnoticeable (sorry if thats not a word xD) i barely can see the difference. Is that to be expected? The bow upgrade was bad?

PS: Another doubt... is there any % table for upgrading items? Whats the % trina adds?

Little archer Senior Member

1956 AP is really low, an upgrade to 2150 will not be very noticeable if you were hitting people for 400 damage to begin with.

Do you have Shadow Hunter or Dark Pursuer? In order to see decent damage numbers you need at least 2500 AP.

About upgrades, no. But the estimate is around 20% success rate added on average.

Yes i understand, i gotta work on my accesories, now i have dual +1 cockatrice, black dragon neck +3, dual rol+0 and belt of agi+0 thats what im upgrading as soon as i can for judicious +2 at least.... as for armors what do you recommend going for +7 krowaz, or chitin/shells +8/+9

Quote Originally Posted by anacondax View Post
    Yes i understand, i gotta work on my accesories, now i have dual +1 cockatrice, black dragon neck +3, dual rol+0 and belt of agi+0 thats what im upgrading as soon as i can for judicious +2 at least.... as for armors what do you recommend going for +7 krowaz, or chitin/shells +8/+9
    chitin8 for now, then when you can upgrade to +9s or krowaz7.

your uniques are not bad at all, im surprised your ap is that bad. i would replace the belt of dex ASAP though.

Mind sharing what server it is? I'm curious because I had this AP on my 59 archer in 2008

ye but u had like Horn xbow +10 back then

Yes im level 79 human on Gordion server, my gear now is dual cockatrice +1, Black Dragon Necklace +3, ROL+0, Elf Ring+0, Judicious Belt+3, Chitin set +7+12 and Iron Bow+7. My stats are 255(+153) DEX and 157(+10) HP. My final AP is 1737 and with Wolf 2082.

That's just wrong, and silly. How can you have +3 uniques and still run on garbage chitins7 and ib7? There's a heavy gear disparity in your build. What you should do is downgrade those +3s to +2s or +1s, get a chitin set8, considerably better rings and a +8 bow.

This is what I would do:

Sell:
    Both cockatrice
    BDN
    Elf Ring

Buy:
    Chitin set8
    Dual cockatrice +0 (or mix with one old silver earring if you run out of cash)
    Amulet of dex +2
    Shio tears +2
    +8 helenid / ee / ib
    Pathos gloves

+1 to razor's reply and definitely start by buying better bow

I just read your response, i understand what you mean, and on top of that i just got a lego+2 to replace elf ring, got it just because it was super cheap like 80-100m cheaper than the rest. Another question, is mythril+7 worth it? they re about 120m each piece and krowaz its 320m, i could get that for now to replace chitin+7...

Ok guys thanks for your advice, i managed to get a Azagai+0 and made it +6, but im too scared to burn to+7 even with trina. AP is now 2472 with wolf, and i started to get krowaz +7 pieces, damage improved a LOT!!! Now i have a question should i put skill points in Master? And how many?

Quote Originally Posted by anacondax View Post
    Ok guys thanks for your advice, i managed to get a Azagai+0 and made it +6, but im too scared to burn to+7 even with trina. AP is now 2472 with wolf, and i started to get krowaz +7 pieces, damage improved a LOT!!! Now i have a question should i put skill points in Master? And how many?
    There are 3 choices for 80:

5% Drain build (can get you some bosses, maybe warders)
    80 Archer
    36 explore
    10 sin
    15 master

Cure disease build (neutralizes anger explosion and annoying DoT kurians)
    80 Archer
    48 explore
    10 master

Normal build (weapon cancel is garbage, but most people run this)
    80 Archer
    36 explore
    20 master

I like the first and second one the most. At 83 you can go for 80 archer, 48 explore and 20 master or 10 sin / 10 master (Eskrima is not worth it for archer).

Instead of open a new Thread im going to ask it here.

Im playing STKO now and I've troll armors and ib+7 full old also.

Should I go for ib+8 and after chitins+8 or get chitins+7 now and after ib+?

Cheers

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

It really depends on your budgent as well as on your level, however since you are probably still in farming mode and attending events, i'd recommend you keep the resitance that holds on troll armor, you will have higher survivability, the damage difference compared to chitins+7 won't be drastical, get the iron bow+8 gain 10 extra elemental from that bow and more AP, for farming gold aspect it will add about the same as chitin set+8 with ib+7, but it will keep you more survivable if you keep your resistances for other parts of game. So if you weigh in what to get first, i'd say get the IB first, and when you'll be more packed with gold start working on other stuff.
    lEnemyDown likes this.

Get the troll shells, keep pauldron and pads, go for chitin 7 on every other part and get the ib8 (or a helenid7 if they're like 50% cheaper than ib8)
    lEnemyDown likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast