bows

This is a discussion on bows within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; ive been reading around and know that ice shot slows lightning shot stuns poison shot does nothing really is that ...
Page: 1

thahitman

Default bows

ive been reading around and know that ice shot slows lightning shot stuns poison shot does nothing really is that correct? what is the point of poison damage on a weapon i heard that it increases dmg of all attacks by a little bit but i dont know for sure can someone expand my knowledge?

zrocker0404

poison arrow can make it so rouges cant stealth...

But poison vs fire ect on bows is just like any other weapon. It increases some attack and is reduced by the amount of resists the other person has. I have no idea how exactly this works but people say that 50 elemental > 5 AP. (or around that) so that would suggest that the elemental damage is included in your skills. So 80 poison in dark pursuer = 280 damage, then reduced by your opponents resists. Thats just a theory i came up with, thats why againts high ac bosses or with arrow shower, elemental > AP (supposedly)

kishtan

Correct me if I'm wrong, besides the initial shot damage, poison arrow also inlcudes a small amount of DOT (damage over time) for 20 sec. When used on a rogue, unless they are cured, the continuous DOT damage will prevent them from using stealth. Overall its a pretty lame skill to use because it doesn't do much damage and the DOT damage is too low to really matter. However it use to be an effectively skill to lure mobs on gold farmers (before they were able to spam level 80 skills) because of the DOT damage

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kishtan View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, besides the initial shot damage, poison arrow also inlcudes a small amount of DOT (damage over time) for 20 sec. When used on a rogue, unless they are cured, the continuous DOT damage will prevent them from using stealth. Overall its a pretty lame skill to use because it doesn't do much damage and the DOT damage is too low to really matter. However it use to be an effectively skill to lure mobs on gold farmers (before they were able to spam level 80 skills) because of the DOT damage
    guess rogues can use stealth during dot damage, but they cant use pots or minor, cuz stealth will disappear.

kishtan

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudior View Post
    guess rogues can use stealth during dot damage, but they cant use pots or minor, cuz stealth will disappear.
    If a rogue takes damage from an AOE or from a DOT, they will immediately unstealth. So yes, the rogue can still stealth. But each time they take damage from the DOT they will instantly become visible again. That is why they need to cure themselves first before using stealth.

thahitman

see thats what i was kinda thinking so if i have 110 posion points that comes with my bow then would the viper attack be fairly strong i would test it out but dont wanna

zrocker0404

no that would be stupid. Like i said, it only adds to attack with the percentage of the skill. those shots aren;t 100% accurate anyways and unless the person isnt moving good luck, and it wouldnt do near as much damage as your main skill anyways

thahitman

so now im confused... what is the flipping point of having poison damage in pk is it only add to the poison skills and add dot dmg to those? or is there some other bonus cause if not poison sucks

zrocker0404

i explained it in my first post WTF.

OK you have your normal hit, which is say 1000. And you have 100 poison on a bow. If you use say Dark pursuer (350% damage) your 100 poison damage is now 350 damage. So then your hit would be 1350 damage. But if your enemy has and poison resists, then the 350 damge is effected by that.

Validating

I'm not sure if poison damage stops stealth but what I do know is that in pk none uses it.

1. Low damage
    2. Poison damages is so little
    3. You have too many better skills.

zrocker0404

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingPoint View Post
    I'm not sure if poison damage stops stealth but what I do know is that in pk none uses it.

1. Low damage
    2. Poison damages is so little
    3. You have too many better skills.
    You mean no one uses poison ARROW. Damage on weapons is always used, iron bows, raptors ect.

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

the last time i tried it ( poison arrow ), the rogue can still stealth even while poison dot dmg is still on.

Guess the skill 's effect is bugged.
    Or...maybe it's smthng linked to the "potential" 3d party tool that enable sins to stealth themselves even if poisoned.

While, the "unstealth" does work with dot dmg done by mage's spells for sure.

Anyway, bows elemental type doens't influence/increase the dmg dealed with magic skill.
    I mean lightning shot wont increase if u use a bow with lightning damage. (like the enion)
    Same thing about the others skillz like flames shot, ice shot and poison arrow.

It may sound strange. In part...it is so.
    But if you think about it, we're talking about magic skilz... and what influences magic dmg? go ask to a mage...and the answer will be magic power.

Go try to use some mp jewels and you'll see that the dmg done with that skills is higher. It works on mobs. I'm not sure about pk areas.

Anyway, each bow and each elemental damage is linked in a certain way to the rate of having a high average hit. Discussing about thing...is an endless argument..for example go check the dozen of posts about helenid "low rate".

Anyway, the main thing on a bow is the basic ap. After that..the elemental dmg of course.
    the higher they are...the better it is