Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

bp quistions

This is a discussion on bp quistions within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; well i am a battle priest and as of now i am broke as garbage with full +7 of the ...
Page: 1

mellowman

well i am a battle priest and as of now i am broke as garbage with full +7 of the lowest lvl armorwith str, a +7 dd hat and goblin pants and top with str and a +4 ii, quest jelwery and like 10m. i have 76 intel and the rest of my points into str but when i get to lvl 55 i am gunna go to target and get two or three 15$ g1 cards and use the money to buy a +1 rev ii and full +8 fabric and have like 100m left over so i am on a very small buget but i want to know what else i should get but keep in mind my money will increase because i will finaly be able to buy to to resell and bdw and ft and whatever but my buget is still alot lower than the people that have gb flying out of the wazoo.

with that said what are the uniques/ jewlery i should buy/ save up for and were should i put my points.
    i know this is a reallllllyyyyy nooby question but could som1 explain what comboing is and how to do it XD i know r-skill-rr-skill-rr but i dont know to do it and how it works

kind of off topic- what are items that i could buy and resell quickly because i kniow some unique weapons are hard to sell and if there are any good monsters to farm for money/ drops what are they the list i have made so far is stuff i cant kill yett but will soon...
    hobgoblins
    hornets( mabey)
    lamias(mabey)
    megatherons(mabey)
    ghost warriors

I'll try to break it as much as possible for you.

well i am a battle priest and as of now i am broke as garbage with full +7 of the lowest lvl armorwith str, a +7 dd hat and goblin pants and top with str and a +4 ii, quest jelwery and like 10m. i have 76 intel and the rest of my points into str but when i get to lvl 55 i am gunna go to target and get two or three 15$ g1 cards and use the money to buy a +1 rev ii and full +8 fabric and have like 100m left over so i am on a very small buget but i want to know what else i should get but keep in mind my money will increase because i will finaly be able to buy to to resell and bdw and ft and whatever but my buget is still alot lower than the people that have gb flying out of the wazoo.[/b]
    Believe me battlepriest are EASY as hell to make money with, and having +7 of the lowest level armour doesn't matter as it soon adds up with your levels. Watch that ap rise

Anyways, don't bother buying IGC, I don't believe in babashopping and quite frankly it's a waste of money, for now keep doing BDW and selling the chests the money soon adds up aswell as your levels

with that said what are the uniques/ jewlery i should buy/ save up for and were should i put my points.[/b]
    Do the cheap ass method, get STR jewels (no uniques from budget) just plain old str +9 from abyss mobs (hopgobs nice drops) and compound them, it's way cheaper and all that str adds up. Stat your points into STR only and use HP armours for HP boost. 76 INT for +8 armour, max str when 255 and then into HP. I don't believe in HP builds tbh I'd rather go INT

i know this is a reallllllyyyyy nooby question but could som1 explain what comboing is and how to do it XD i know r-skill-rr-skill-rr but i dont know to do it and how it works[/b]
    Basically, press R, then wait for a white flash at the feet (check your dmg info box bottom right for the R dmg) then press your skill, wait for dmg - rinse / repeat. I'll make a video if I can, can't remember if my old one deleted.

kind of off topic- what are items that i could buy and resell quickly because i kniow some unique weapons are hard to sell and if there are any good monsters to farm for money/ drops what are they the list i have made so far is stuff i cant kill yett but will soon...
    hobgoblins
    hornets( mabey)
    lamias(mabey)
    megatherons(mabey)
    ghost warriors[/b]
    I suck at buy resell, but anyways some of the BEST money is golems and hopgobs. Hopgobs drop BUS, +9s, decent money but have a high DOT dmg (they are good for lvling at your level). Goblins (with prem) drop about 10k coins per kill but hit hard, but you can get high nps items worth 200-300k each.

P.S - I forget to add this but NPC EVERYTHING as much as possible, the money adds up quick (deru parties with salamanders were good money)

Ghsot warriros - good cheap money, lots of abyss gems

I'd personally take a hopgobs, way easier to kill and great money

mellowman

I'll try to break it as much as possible for you.
    Believe me battlepriest are EASY as hell to make money with, and having +7 of the lowest level armour doesn't matter as it soon adds up with your levels. Watch that ap rise

Anyways, don't bother buying IGC, I don't believe in babashopping and quite frankly it's a waste of money, for now keep doing BDW and selling the chests the money soon adds up aswell as your levels
    Do the cheap ass method, get STR jewels (no uniques from budget) just plain old str +9 from abyss mobs (hopgobs nice drops) and compound them, it's way cheaper and all that str adds up. Stat your points into STR only and use HP armours for HP boost. 76 INT for +8 armour, max str when 255 and then into HP. I don't believe in HP builds tbh I'd rather go INT
    Basically, press R, then wait for a white flash at the feet (check your dmg info box bottom right for the R dmg) then press your skill, wait for dmg - rinse / repeat. I'll make a video if I can, can't remember if my old one deleted.
    I suck at buy resell, but anyways some of the BEST money is golems and hopgobs. Hopgobs drop BUS, +9s, decent money but have a high DOT dmg (they are good for lvling at your level). Goblins (with prem) drop about 10k coins per kill but hit hard, but you can get high nps items worth 200-300k each.

P.S - I forget to add this but NPC EVERYTHING as much as possible, the money adds up quick (deru parties with salamanders were good money)

Ghsot warriros - good cheap money, lots of abyss gems

I'd personally take a hopgobs, way easier to kill and great money[/b]

thanks, that helps alot but why are bp easy to make money with, do you mean the drops from that stuff.
    a video would be aswome or just a link to one, i am gunna go check out youtube =)

WNxPwnStar

Im a BP i use quest jewelry and ii+7 at low lvls i did 202 str rest to hp and used +7 str armor...dnt concentrate on buying stuff right now....exp and save ur money....as puggy said try to win ur bdws and sell the chests and ur lvl 55 you should exp at cz cardinals< best 61 and under exp to me(solo) and they drop asga berrys whick u can turn in for 100k each and they drop stuff that u can merch to the npc for good cash just exp ur butt off to 65 then u should have enough money saved up to start buying real gear idk abt the prices in CW but i find it would be easier to buy GB from someone than to do the G1 stuff

Just my two cents

RANDOM GUIDE but I hope it helps

Firstly, u have to know BP have very low HP and def compare to int priest, many ppl get a big surprise when they restat to a BP from int priest, and even at lvl 60+ u still only have around 600~700HP without any jewelries, so thats very normal.

Weapons:

For xping u just need a large breaker +6/MP, since priests have spear penalty, that will be the only mp weapon a priest can use. (A MP hammer can be used too )

For pking I would say u need at least a Mirage sword +6 or +7 for older server, a sword like Durandal +7 is also oki, but wouldn’t kick too much ass..

If u are rich enough get a hell breaker +6/+7 or Iron impact +7. Hell breaker +6 would do better than a MS+7 in pvp imo, cuz of the elemental dmg and Int bonus (helps a lot to spam many judgments)

Jewelries:

BPs are like a paper mage with lousy HP and def, so therefore if u wanna be a good BP, u must get some nice uniques to survive and kill.

A BP must have these at least to do some decent pking:
    At least 1 Diamond ring
    Lupus pendant or WP
    Kekuri belt
    Earring can just be +9 STR

The best and the ultimate jewelries u can get for a BP would like:
    Iron necklace or WP
    Iron belt or Glass belt
    Dual ROC
    Dual WE or PE

Armors:

If u dont have unique jewelries then I would suggest u to use some HP armor part to cover up the HP "lost". Before lvl 65 u should use goblins fabric and pad, and some +8/HP cap, shoes, gloves. After lvl 65 u should have enough stats points to get full str and enough int to wear +8 fabric, so try that out too (I personally using goblin fabric and pad all the time). With a full set of +8 u can get more def but none elemental resistance, so its kinda situation that decide what armor to use.
    For pking I would say use goblin fabric and pad cause of the massive paper mages around, and for big bosses use +8 HP set. If u have really nice uniques, then u can afford to use STR bonus instead. Just make sure u have at least 1200~1500HP unbuffed.

For pking a dagger def cap +6 is a MUST! Without that u are as good as a free 50NP for any decent rogue around. And also try wear a spear def +5 boots if u have that. With that 2 weapon def armor u can tank the 2 worst classes for a BP =) With absoluteness u can pking without these def armor, since their dmg reduction are almost equal, but try get them both =)

Make sure u also have a lot of magic hammers in ur inventory cuz paper armors get easily broken by acid pots. (Especially fabric and pad, they will break first)

Skills:

As a BP u have very low mana, so being a full healer as BP is really bad idea. Mostly BPs are being used for lvling purpose, so for that stay buff/heal.

For pking judgment, 1920HP heal and malice is very important, so when u reach 62 make sure u have judgment, 1920HP heal and malice even though u may sacrifice massive or 300 AC.

If u dont planning to lvling further, then u should reskill to debuff/heal, at lvl 62 u can have judgment, 1920HP heal and torment. When u reach 63 u can have these 3 AND massive too. If thats not enough, go for 65 and get absoluteness, but then stay buff/heal till that.

Shields:

Always carry a DD shield around, if u see 2 or more rogue’s invisible lightfeet then its a good idea to switch the DD shield on to learn their attack power and see if u can take them down.
    If u are lucky enough and have a CS, take it on before u duff more than 2 warriors.

Strategy in 1vs1 (playing a BP is about duff, so these are very important to know):

VS Rogues:

This class is the most dangerous class against BP, u need to have all 3 debuff skills ready (malice, para, torment) having massive too is even better.
    When sin spike u from stealth, start pots right away, press Z to target him, and then cast malice. DONT just run away and especially dont run a straight line, cuz if u dont attack him, he will combo u perfectly, and u will die by the time, if u absolute need to run, then run in Z form or triangle. If u decides to take him down, try run in circle and get ready to duff. If his combo keep canceling ur duff try move a bit, and then duff again. After he is duffed he will prolly trying to cure (watch closely to his animation), if he try to cure it, start cast para right away, so after he cured malice he is paraed, if he still trying to cure then start to cast torment, and in meantime ur malice should be ready again. Doing this till he stop curing, if he doesnt cure one of these duffs, start pots and use judgment, he wont beat u if u hit fast enough, and he will die very fast cuz of duffs.

If the rogue hits really hard, also try use massive instead of torment/para.

VS Warriors:

This class can be a big threat to BP too, dont tank warriors if u are a bad comboer, and slide them if possible, this way he will hit u less and u will hit him less too of cause, but at least it gives u chance to poting better.
    If his scream or leg cut successed, start curing RIGHT AWAY.
    Since sword dance use 100 more mana than judgment, they will die by the time cuz of souls poting.

Mostly malice is enough to warriors, but if the warrior have good gear, then u also need to use para. And if he have a glowy raptor, then use massive too.

Warriors arent very hard when they are duffed correctly

VS Mages:

This class is one of the easiest one in 1vs1, when u see a paper mage, use malice or torment and start to hit and spam pots (dont waste time using para, cuz they will just /town, with torment/malice u should be able to hit 1~1,5k dmg). If ur HP is going too low, then use a 1920HP heal, chances of getting cancelled is not very high, since most mages are fire nowadays.

VS BPs:

This class can be easy or hard. Its all depending on both&#39;s debuffing/combo skills. Cast skills exactly the same way as u do to rogues, and cure his duff right away. The whole process with 1vs1 BP is about timing, the one who stops duffing and dont curing would be the loser, no matter how good his gear are. If he starting to duff u in the middle of the battle, decide to cure or not by looking at his HP, If his HP is below 40~50% already, then just smash till he is dead.

VS party:

Against a whole party u must know what ur limits is, at the first couple party rush, u will mostly die cuz of all fire pillars, spikes and SD.. U must know how many pillars and spikes/SD u can tank. If u know u cant tank this party, dont bother rush to it cuz u have crappy def and HP compare to a warrior who can just rush to anything. If u are rushing to a mage party and getting too many novas and starting redballing, start a 1920 HP heal right away or even better before u redballing if u know how much dmg u are going to receive, and spam HP pots too of cause.
    Mostly a torment at a mage army will make them to free NP, but always watch ur HP and who u are against to.

Playing BP need a lot of practice and skills to master this class, so u will lose a lot of NP at the beginning while learning, dont let that take u down =)

Some comment to some ppl at ranking forum:

- Dont come and tell me 1vs1 warrior is harder than rogue. A full duffed warrior cant do a dipshit, however rogues can cure themselves, and cancel a lot of ur actions, which makes the difference.

- Everything I wrote here are some basic knowledge, u dont have to follow exactly like that, BP can be played in many ways/styles, so its all about trying out and learning, create ur own style.

mellowman

thanks for the guide its will be very helpful

ya i would love to just buy gold bars from som1 but i cant do anything that i cant buy myself and i am only 15, im guess im just gunna save me moneys though

qoop

Just my two cents

Jewelries:

BPs are like a paper mage with lousy HP and def, so therefore if u wanna be a good BP, u must get some nice uniques to survive and kill.

A BP must have these at least to do some decent pking:
    At least 1 Diamond ring
    Lupus pendant or WP
    Kekuri belt
    Earring can just be +9 STR

The best and the ultimate jewelries u can get for a BP would like:
    Iron necklace or WP
    Iron belt or Glass belt
    Dual ROC
    Dual WE or PE

Armors:

If u dont have unique jewelries then I would suggest u to use some HP armor part to cover up the HP "lost". Before lvl 65 u should use goblins fabric and pad, and some +8/HP cap, shoes, gloves. After lvl 65 u should have enough stats points to get full str and enough int to wear +8 fabric, so try that out too (I personally using goblin fabric and pad all the time). With a full set of +8 u can get more def but none elemental resistance, so its kinda situation that decide what armor to use.
    For pking I would say use goblin fabric and pad cause of the massive paper mages around, and for big bosses use +8 HP set. If u have really nice uniques, then u can afford to use STR bonus instead. Just make sure u have at least 1200~1500HP unbuffed.

For pking a dagger def cap +6 is a MUST! Without that u are as good as a free 50NP for any decent rogue around. And also try wear a spear def +5 boots if u have that. With that 2 weapon def armor u can tank the 2 worst classes for a BP =) With absoluteness u can pking without these def armor, since their dmg reduction are almost equal, but try get them both =)

Make sure u also have a lot of magic hammers in ur inventory cuz paper armors get easily broken by acid pots. (Especially fabric and pad, they will break first)[/b]
    that was like 2.000 $ not 2 cents :lol: nice guides but in those 2 sections about Armory and Jews will be most of different oppinions about.

Ultimate Jews: well thats like wp+3 , StringOfSkulls+3, dual WE+3 or LE+3 and dual ROF+2/+3 but its like overbabashopped

--I personally love WP in any stage for paper BP +2/+3 is very nice to have
    --For belt Im using sash of sorrow+2 cuz it gives massive str bonus with flame ressistance and a bit extra hp/mp..so a god belt in any stage (why not IB comes in armory section)
    --Rings gotta be Foverins if u cant afford ROFs cuz of AC and price +2/+3 are nice to go with
    --Earrings WE/PE are nice in any stage. Im using 1 Golden earring+3 in combination with WE+1 (GE+3 was like ~600m and gives 20AC + 20INT)

Those Jews are good for start cuz u get +0 very easy and its easier to improve urself step by step upgrading those than to save up for something big like IB/IN/ROF

For Armory:

I just want to say that u gotta think about using tailas, I do 95% of time running around, prolly most time useless tailas like arrow/sword or whatever droped to much while making a couple of those. Paper class is the class where u get best performance with tailas. Just 1 armor part gives u 149ac, thats why I screw up IB or GB.
    Sure Taila got no STR on it...but like I told, better use sash of sorrow and not IB and lose 50ac there to get 20str+30fr/gr but loose 15str on pauldron for 120ac and a big resistance.

For DD cap...in my server I dont need it in high lvl pk, just gotta switch to DD taila sometimes(my BP is lvl 80 tho ^^) And SD boots/gloves are the same...its just nice to have them incase u get gangbanged but for all other situations just switch to taila thats needed.

Just "my two cents" h34r:

bla bla bla[/b]
    Nice copy paste from my 3 years old guide, would be easier if u just paste the link here: http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1020
    That guide was made many years ago, things has changed a lot since then, so it cant be taken as reference anymore. Hence why I don&#39;t have it on my signature, because it&#39;s outdated. I don&#39;t know how much of it u can use and benefit from it, since I&#39;m not that level anymore, and it&#39;s been too damn long time, things get a lot different for a BP after lvl 72 (Helis). But the BASIC fighting style remains the same, so that means if you and your opponent are the same lvl, then I believe you can still benefits from the VS part of the guide, since that won&#39;t change. It&#39;s like saying karate isn&#39;t as powerful as 100 years ago, which is wrong, the karate style itself always had the same destruction power, it&#39;s just that now we got guns and bombs, but that would be like comparing a lvl 62 char to a lvl 83 char. Ok, I wrote too much I know...

Now some fresh tips:
    I don&#39;t know your exact goal, but if money is what you want, then BP isn&#39;t the best choice from my experience, that means for both PvP AND PvE. As a tank priest (if you are well setup), then you could pretty much do everything on buffs, including PKing (I do that myself), the only thing u use is speed pot which is cheap. And for consuming you pretty much use a lot of souls, but not much more than a BP in general, depends on how well you control your healing, nowadays I see a lot of noobs using the lvl 60 healing when not needed, they just use it from time to time without actually thinking... I personally find that lazy and undisciplined, if they gets to an extreme situation, then they won&#39;t be trained to pick a single target fast, after the big heals used.
    Another factor is survival, for FT this is very important, and no doubt a tank priest would be more useful and have higher chance to survive.
    The last thing to know. BP is and always will be THE solo class, a BP in a big party is pointless from my point of view, they would just give the party more trouble, cause the tank priest need to keep them alive a lot, while a warrior in the party can do a lot better. It&#39;s more like either solo as a BP or don&#39;t go for it, if you do.. Then you are pretty much just a warrior-wannabe, a weak one that is. (A high lvl BP with shield and a hammer is another story.)
    If you insist on being a BP, then I STRONGLY suggest you to watch this combo guide and practice for a month before you even thinking about PKing as BP, combo is easy to learn when you understood the principle of it, but like an instrument, it takes a lot of time to get it perfect. Remember, combo is a rhythm, if you got that inside you, then it&#39;s easy to make it perfect.
    Link to the combo guilde: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_TqhdJ4T8I

mellowman

were would I put my points as a tank priest and what skill build would work best. I was intel but I stopped because a didn&#39;t like not being able to do any damage so I reset but then I learned that I have the sword penaly so my sword of beast was about as bad for combat as I could get. I was heal duff but reset so I could lvl fast. I can always switch back though. if I was a tank priest what gear should I get because I like the idea.

were would I put my points as a tank priest and what skill build would work best. I was intel but I stopped because a didn&#39;t like not being able to do any damage so I reset but then I learned that I have the sword penaly so my sword of beast was about as bad for combat as I could get. I was heal duff but reset so I could lvl fast. I can always switch back though. if I was a tank priest what gear should I get because I like the idea.[/b]
    IMO, I&#39;d go for tank priest as dual LB, dual LE, Iron Neck (or wp2/3) and iron belt
    Get FP or Chits+8 and then you can switch between modes all the time, you don&#39;t need to change jewels when you&#39;re INT bp as most of your ap comes from the weapon anyway

mellowman

IMO, I&#39;d go for tank priest as dual LB, dual LE, Iron Neck (or wp2/3) and iron belt
    Get FP or Chits+8 and then you can switch between modes all the time, you don&#39;t need to change jewels when you&#39;re INT bp as most of your ap comes from the weapon anyway[/b]

..... i cant afford that stuff......... i dont know abreveations yet >.<........
    how do people get anough noahs for stuff like that

Save up (sell bdw chests, npc shits, etc), play the market (buy / resell), buy GBs is the most common ones

If you choose to save up, it requires to collateral and you can start instantly
    If you choose to play the market, it can go good or bad if you don&#39;t make right decisions
    If you buy GB&#39;s it&#39;s wasting your real life money

Anyways, dont&#39; worry about uniques, you get them eventually just by taking time. I myself have all uniques (bar ears) and they should all be +3 by the time I&#39;m 80 simply cos I&#39;m an ap whore

I&#39;d go FP tank for now, get yourself a plateshield and some health jewels (9hp etc) it all works good and your playing style will keep you alive

mellowman

so i should get +7 fp and i will put 99 points into str and 156 points into int, dump the rest into hp, i will probley use quest jewlery becuase its preaty good or i might get +9 hp stuff.
    i will try to get a unique priest hammer and a unique shield, mabey syphonic +4 or 5 cuz there so cheap or a low lvl dread shield if i can afford it dont know what they go.....
    i have 5 gb because i bought some speed pots from the cash shop to give me a kick start and i might buy a few more....

what hammer and shield should i get and is that what i should do with my stat points.

i am buff heal but at 57 i kinda wanna go heal duff but idk....... buff heal is the best for lvling......

will i do atleast deceant damage so i can kill a little by myself.

so i should get +7 fp and i will put 99 points into str and 156 points into int, dump the rest into hp, i will probley use quest jewlery becuase its preaty good or i might get +9 hp stuff.
    i will try to get a unique priest hammer and a unique shield, mabey syphonic +4 or 5 cuz there so cheap or a low lvl dread shield if i can afford it dont know what they go.....
    i have 5 gb because i bought some speed pots from the cash shop to give me a kick start and i might buy a few more....
    what hammer and shield should i get and is that what i should do with my stat points.

i am buff heal but at 57 i kinda wanna go heal duff but idk....... buff heal is the best for lvling......
    will i do atleast deceant damage so i can kill a little by myself.[/b]
    You will be able to kill stuff but i will take a long time to do it. And yo wont be able to kill anything strong.

mellowman

You will be able to kill stuff but i will take a long time to do it. And yo wont be able to kill anything strong.[/b]
    k, ill reset then, what weapon and shield should i use and what should i aim to get and is that what should i do with my stats

If your purely interesting in killing stuff at that low level I would suggest going paper BP and using quest jewles

Going FP at that level will mean shite dmg (as you need smite hammer etc for decent dmg) which you can&#39;t afford

BP in the early levels are cheap to play, you can restat when you get richer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast