Just got back wtf happened?

This is a discussion on Just got back wtf happened? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Alright I decided about 2 years ago to take a break from kol now that i'm back wtf happened to ...
Page: 1

Default Just got back wtf happened?

Alright I decided about 2 years ago to take a break from kol now that i'm back wtf happened to the game? I see IB's in merchant among many other items would someone please tell me if the items that used to be best in slot aren't anymore? Also what are the new lvl requirements to open a merhant let alone go to el morad any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Lurking in the Dark Senior Member MercyfulFate's Avatar

You should have stayed out of this game, I'm telling ya..

But to answer your questions:

1. There is a level cap of 30 to trade/merchant and shout.
    2. IB's in merchants? I assume you mean Iron Bows and not Iron Belts. If so, then it's nothing new.. Iron Bows can easily be obtained by gems/frags etc.

Overall.. if you're a legit player with fair intentions, do not expect the same back to you.
    Learn to play with all those KOXPers or just quit.. simple as that. We all have to deal with them since K2 can't do anything to stop them.

Hacks are allover the place, on all servers..
    I play Girakon myself and there are lots of KOXPers over there.. especially in Ardream.

Anyway, get yourself some good gear and you might will survive the hackers.
    GLHF!

reading the forum for some hours should give you an answer to most of your question

HamDude Senior Member thenerd1o2's Avatar

seein IB`s in merchant i would assume that you say a buyin merchant which is somethin new and kinda helpful i find - however like said about its full of hacks but if you go your own clan that you can rely on you wont be havin any problems if you wanna have fun like all of us who still plays KO to this very moment !! other que. can be answerd by searchin along the forum !!

Thanks for hte advice although I saw Iron belt's + iron necks + rols +1 in merchant today and was shitting myself. Other than that I was wondering are there new better items then were previously in game? When I left best items to have for an int priest were fp+8's We SSE Ib IN Lycaon hammer, chitin shield, duel rol's or roc + rol, I'm not sure anymore. Also I am on the ares server.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok14 View Post
    Thanks for hte advice although I saw Iron belt's + iron necks + rols +1 in merchant today and was shitting myself. Other than that I was wondering are there new better items then were previously in game? When I left best items to have for an int priest were fp+8's We SSE Ib IN Lycaon hammer, chitin shield, duel rol's or roc + rol, I'm not sure anymore. Also I am on the ares server.
    if u dont have +9/10 armor and a +9 weapon and at least +2 uniques i wouldnt bother with ares unless u wanna spend real money

head to carnic west for english players + most legit server

carnact west wus fun and if aion wusnt out id still be playing ther

Well I wouldn't mind starting a new character i was pretty good a rocking a priest back in the day anyone have some lvling tips for me?

Also are those defense armors still available that droped in ares/dies when the game fisrt started? Im talking about a 22dd FP +6 helm or something like that. Would I be able to find those on any server? or have they become completely obsolete.

the rare weapon def armors you are talkin about are limited to the oldest servers.

to those who say u cant survive on ares w/o +9's and 10's dont knw how to play their chars or havn't given ares a chance. my priest is a buffer w/ +0's and i can easily tank the most babaed on the server with easy. i havn't tried any of the newer servers so i cant speak for how easy they are, but there is a reason that when K2 decides to do interserver wars that Ares is always in the finals. the newest server is ionia, but that is alotta cheater, carnac west might be the most legit server, but prolly one of the most boring (sry cwest).

if you are just coming back to the game after a few years, then i suggest you look at kodb.info and kingofknight.com to get updated on the newest items and features available.
    chitin shield still "drop" but they are most common on older servers.

Basically if you come back to the game you need to decide whether u are willing to spend USD or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok14 View Post
    Also are those defense armors still available that droped in ares/dies when the game fisrt started? Im talking about a 22dd FP +6 helm or something like that. Would I be able to find those on any server? or have they become completely obsolete.
    they don't drop at all (although now you can get upgradeable g1 (paper) and g5 (chitin) parts) ... rare defs can only be found on Ares, Dies, Xigenon, Beramus and Cypher (not counting the single ones on Pathos for example, cuz they were moved by GM and they are almost unbuyable :P)

As for Chitin Shield, it's drop rate is low as hell, so they are extremely expensive

About the Iron Belt & Neck you saw, it was buying merchant ... you can put on it an item that you want to buy, put the price of it and if any1 likes the price, he'll sell it for you

Selling & Buying merchant looks different, so you shouldn't have problems with recognizing :P

TheSonOfSam

dude you were sleeping fo a long time lol

welcome back to the game !