Building a support mage

This is a discussion on Building a support mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Actually the mage is lvl 75 with staff of name+7 and garp+7, complete rental+7, dual lich king+0, dual shio tears+0, ...
Page: 1

angelsdream

Actually the mage is lvl 75 with staff of name+7 and garp+7, complete rental+7, dual lich king+0, dual shio tears+0, bronze belt+0

We re building it as a 3rd char as we have a warior and priest and 3 sharers. Our budget is kinda low atm (40gb but with some bifrost money is easy made.

I was thinking of :

- crimson+8 pauld pad gauntlet (that we can change by complete later)
    - crimson helm dd / crimson boots spear
    - ep+1/+2 (that we can change by ep+3 or IN later)
    - dread shield+7 (gab worth too much for a 3rd char atm)
    - lobo/lycaon hammer / holy animor ?
    - glass belt
    - shio tears+1/+2 or rom any+ ?

We ll lvl up the char to 80 and reskill LR. we need a FULL SUPPORT mage.

Any help from gg mages would help a lot. Tell me what you think about the items we should get.

And with the items listed, will I be able to tank a lot ?

PS : How should I be stated ? 160int - MP required for staff and rest HP ?

thx in advance

Imhotep

for support, stay ice :<

ILoveYouToo

ice is definatly better for support.

angelsdream

We will be pking with 3 ppl most of the time.

We will need blink and light staf more than Freezing Distance and 3 ice nova.

so we ll be light. Just need some help about the items we should get.

Actually the mage is lvl 75 with staff of name+7 and garp+7, complete rental+7, dual lich king+0, dual shio tears+0, bronze belt+0

We re building it as a 3rd char as we have a warior and priest and 3 sharers. Our budget is kinda low atm (40gb but with some bifrost money is easy made.

I was thinking of :

- crimson+8 pauld pad gauntlet (that we can change by complete later)
    - crimson helm dd / crimson boots spear
    - ep+1/+2 (that we can change by ep+3 or IN later)
    - dread shield+7 (gab worth too much for a 3rd char atm)
    - lobo/lycaon hammer / holy animor ?
    - glass belt
    - shio tears+1/+2 or rom any+ ?

We ll lvl up the char to 80 and reskill LR. we need a FULL SUPPORT mage.

Any help from gg mages would help a lot. Tell me what you think about the items we should get.

And with the items listed, will I be able to tank a lot ?
    PS : How should I be stated ? 160int - MP required for staff and rest HP ?

thx in advance[/b]
    hmm

I&#39;d also stay ice if I were you :P

as for items...

- stay with rentals for now - it&#39;s not worth to buy anything better, if u don&#39;t have gg uniques
    - get FULL crimson def set (I&#39;ll check later if I have cd pauldron yet, so I can give u )
    - DS is nice, but try on getting Gab&#39;s Adamant asap
    - don&#39;t waste money on getting hammer lol... imo it&#39;s better to run without it cuz u can easier change your shield to staff. And if you really want a hammer, then go with Lycaon > HA > Lobo (since Lycaon +7 is way cheaper than HA +7)
    - EP +2, later get +3... imo it&#39;s not worth to buy IN, cuz you&#39;ve got good priests, who won&#39;t let you stay debuffed
    - glass belt > iron belt for me, extra mana always helps and 50hp can save your life :P get rid of bronze belt asap, even kekuri is better :lol:
    - for rings, if u want to be full support I&#39;d go with RoLs/LBs over shio, since elemental from shio doesn&#39;t affect slow imo... but if you are going lightning then go with alteast one Imir
    - for earrings, LKPs ftw, but they are expensive as hell atm afaik... you may go with LKP and WSE, since SSE is overpriced...

The hardest thing to choose will be staff and stat points...
    - Taking ed staff (oasis/chaotic) allows you to put more stat points into HP, but imo ed staffs are weak :P
    - Taking Biffrost staff (garp/elysium) requires you to put 138mp for +7. But I think it&#39;s worth it. I&#39;m playing with a dmg ice mage atm and my slow rate is very high, so I think MP affects slow too. Also from what most ppl believe in (and it&#39;s most likely true) slow/stun depends a lot on staff&#39;s AP, so this would be a better choise imo
    - Taking quest staff means you have to add 174MP and u r left with no points to add to HP, so u r fucked xD

160INT, MP for staff, STR for shield and rest hp for sure, BUT:
    if you are going to use biff staff you&#39;ll end up with:
    160INT, 138MP, 90/91STR, 93/94HP

with ed staff it&#39;ll be
    160INT, 118MP, 90/91STR, 113/114HP
    for lvl 75

crystals+9 > completes +8 > crimsns +8
    if u go crimson/ complete then go 160 int enough mp for your gear ( a glacier erenion is always good to have for nova&#39;s)
    all others hp

lycoan hammer is the way to go slowed ore stunned is always bad for the support mage
    in > ep+3 for me because weapon deff is your best frend always and why choose for a ep that gives hp while u have a shitload off because off your hp build
    ib > gb
    rols are very good lb if u want to pump up your ress moore

imo
    try to get all deff armors+8
    and wear those 24/7 with a iron set and ds + lycoan hammer lkp&#39;s and rols

u should be very hard to kill this way

crystals+9 > completes +8 > crimsns +8
    if u go crimson/ complete then go 160 int enough mp for your gear ( a glacier erenion is always good to have for nova&#39;s)
    all others hp

lycoan hammer is the way to go slowed ore stunned is always bad for the support mage
    in > ep+3 for me because weapon deff is your best frend always and why choose for a ep that gives hp while u have a shitload off because off your hp build
    ib > gb
    rols are very good lb if u want to pump up your ress moore

imo
    try to get all deff armors+8
    and wear those 24/7 with a iron set and ds + lycoan hammer lkp&#39;s and rols

u should be very hard to kill this way[/b]
    completes +8 > crystals +9 lol
    unless it&#39;s old server and you&#39;ve got FP defs

eee.. why choose EP? more HP ftw lol and as long as you are using shield IN reduces only a LITTLE, EP will reduce the same dmg...