Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Can someone explain the way BP damage works now

This is a discussion on Can someone explain the way BP damage works now within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I've read a few topics but most of them are more so talking about how the damage is low now, ...
Page: 1

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Default Can someone explain the way BP damage works now

I've read a few topics but most of them are more so talking about how the damage is low now, but not really explaining it to someone who doesn't know what is going on.

So here's my my question, Does AP scale off of INT or STR or both? do certain weapons scale off of one or the other?
    Is 1 handed or 2 handed better for BP nowadays.

Thank you for your time.

ALSO I don't play BP never have, im asking the question for a clannie, so explain it like i have no clue about it :P

34 views no opinions? bump

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    So here's my my question, Does AP scale off of INT or STR or both? do certain weapons scale off of one or the other?
    Is 1 handed or 2 handed better for BP nowadays.
    Both STR and INT increase AP. However, INT increases AP for 1-handed weapons. STR increases AP for 2-handed weapons.

1 handed BP is more dynamic. The gear you need is similar to tank priest items so you have the option of switching back and forth which saves money. I really like this because I enjoy playing both BP and full tank.

2 handed BP is BP specific items and cannot be used functionally as tank items. EDIT: I should be specific here: the armor cannot be used as functional tank items. A lot of the uniques (iron neck, lillime earrings, taurus/pontus rings) can for sure especially with the new rings.

So which one is better? They both do less damage than before.

INT BP is what I played. I had glass belt +2, platinum rings +3 dual, AOG +3, ruahue 8, krowaz 8, WSE +3 dual with over 2800 AP and had legionnaire bands +2 and iron neck +2 to switch for tank. On average, I was doing ~500 damage; maybe more maybe less. So yes, BP still works. But if you are looking to be a glass cannon or a utility INT BP with significant damage (900+), it's just not going to happen; unless you get GG gear on a new server where everyone else is in chitin? So for most old school BPs, the class is dead.

For me, it has turned into a utility class. I play the tank role until I see an opportunity to help make the kill. The biggest issue with BP is the fact that if I build 190 INT for krowaz 8 tank build or 255 for full INT BP, the difference in damage is minimal (~100).

I've made posts on the official forums pointing out this issue with objective experimentation beginning over two years ago which was never acknowledged by management. For that reason coupled with +8 items directly from the power up store, and all of my friends quitting, I haven't played the game in over two years.
    Last edited by itzbryan; 01-24-2016 at 04:50 PM.
    NuclearWinter and ilterates like this.

BPs are useless nowdays !!!!!!
    SkyHunter and Rhymes like this.

Rhymes, brambor and SkyHunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by itzbryan View Post
    Both STR and INT increase AP. However, INT increases AP for 1-handed weapons. STR increases AP for 2-handed weapons.

1 handed BP is more dynamic. The gear you need is similar to tank priest items so you have the option of switching back and forth which saves money. I really like this because I enjoy playing both BP and full tank.

2 handed BP is BP specific items and cannot be used functionally as tank items. EDIT: I should be specific here: the armor cannot be used as functional tank items. A lot of the uniques (iron neck, lillime earrings, taurus/pontus rings) can for sure especially with the new rings.

INT BP is what I played. I had glass belt +2, platinum rings +3 dual, AOG +3, ruahue 8, krowaz 8, WSE +3 dual with over 2800 AP and had legionnaire bands +2 and iron neck +2 to switch for tank. On average, I was doing ~500 damage; maybe more maybe less. So yes, BP still works. But if you are looking to be a glass cannon or a utility INT BP with significant damage (900+), it's just not going to happen; unless you get GG gear on a new server where everyone else is in chitin? So for most old school BPs, the class is dead.

For me, it has turned into a utility class. I play the tank role until I see an opportunity to help make the kill. The biggest issue with BP is the fact that if I build 190 INT for krowaz 8 tank build or 255 for full INT BP, the difference in damage is minimal (~100).

I've made posts on the official forums pointing out this issue with objective experimentation beginning over two years ago which was never acknowledged by management. For that reason coupled with +8 items directly from the power up store, and all of my friends quitting, I haven't played the game in over two years.
    Thanks this is the answer he was looking for.

Excuse me, last time i played it was on carnac West. Why would You buil 255 int pRiest?

Quote Originally Posted by :gyrgi View Post
    Excuse me, last time i played it was on carnac West. Why would You buil 255 int pRiest?
    he explained it very well in the post that you quoted...

Is there a cap to how much AP you can get from int? I noticed that I wasn't getting any more AP even after 10 skill points added to my int stat.

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    Is there a cap to how much AP you can get from int? I noticed that I wasn't getting any more AP even after 10 skill points added to my int stat.
    No, there is no "cap." INT bonus is marginally noticeable at best during lower levels. Remember to unequip and re-equip your weapon, though. Otherwise the AP won't update.

...Also, it may be good to state that I'm not sure whether or not the Steam server has done any tweaking to the 1-hand INT AP mechanism (e.g. taken it out completely?)

No, there is no "cap." INT bonus is marginally noticeable at best during lower levels. Remember to unequip and re-equip your weapon, though. Otherwise the AP won't update.

...Also, it may be good to state that I'm not sure whether or not the Steam server has done any tweaking to the 1-hand INT AP mechanism (e.g. taken it out completely?)
    Thanks, its updated now, the int increasing 1H weapon AP is definitely still there.

So is the 2h BP still a viable build? I've seen a few running around eslant doling quests pretty decently.

Quote Originally Posted by theKingsWit View Post
    So is the 2h BP still a viable build? I've seen a few running around eslant doling quests pretty decently.
    In DCZ yes, RLB possibly, CZ no.

what i dont think is viable is SWITCHING. either always 2nd or always 1hd.
    This is because you have to choose either INT/rest HP or STR/rest HP. If you go INT 190 / STR 190 your HP will be tooooo loooow :O

I'll probably just make a 2h BP for dcz when it's released then. Already have an INT 190 priest set up going. Good shit. Ty for the info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast