Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

lvl 80 mage build (help pls)

This is a discussion on lvl 80 mage build (help pls) within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; looking for a lvl 80 mage build i currently have a kaul molok +7 and the mage. i have to ...
Page: 1

dpark2008

looking for a lvl 80 mage build i currently have a kaul molok +7 and the mage. i have to sell a rappy +8 and 2 we+1's this will be my first mage so hook me up on how to stat it as well as which armors to buy. oh and im on c-west.

BigApple

Frontier staff is best for paper mage, as it has no int required. SO since you have the sexy staff, you could stat for it and do max dmg, while also having many point left over for hp.

molok is an ice staff...

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

u got 2 options

1) (i did this before) go shell build, so enough int (160) and the rest into mp... just get shios to increase ur damage and slow rate

2) if ur going support, get rid of the staff and get a garp or oasis, since when u support u don't want that - ac on u

getting garp as a support ice mage is one of the dumbest things you can do, either glacier erenion or oasis, rest are crap for ice support.
    So seeing you have a kaul molok i guess what you want to do is damage, so i advice to cover up the ac loss to go complete build, get some shios, and ac valk+pathos glove to cover up some ac loss. Post some about what you want to be, ice, light, flame, and if you want to be support or attack.

dpark2008

I want to be attack mage and i kind of want to use that staff since it is so rare and really good from what i hear. i will have 30 gb or so to work with and already have iron neck

getting garp as a support ice mage is one of the dumbest things you can do, either glacier erenion or oasis, rest are crap for ice support.
    So seeing you have a kaul molok i guess what you want to do is damage, so i advice to cover up the ac loss to go complete build, get some shios, and ac valk+pathos glove to cover up some ac loss. Post some about what you want to be, ice, light, flame, and if you want to be support or attack.[/b]
    try it out.... on girakon when i played ice damage build, meaning 160 int and rest into mp with dual shios +1s and garp +8, i was icing 95% of the time... idk if it was cause it was just like 9 months in the server or if's actually just that much better then the other staffs

so no i'm not saying using garp is better then other staffs for icing, but im just speaking from personal experience... as i said, it worked for me as i was icing pretty much all the time... while other mages on the server with their oasis +7/8s were no where closer to as good of an icing rate as mine

dpark2008

is there such a thing as ice attak. i want to get freezing distance and still be able to rape people.

is there such a thing as ice attak. i want to get freezing distance and still be able to rape people.[/b]
    if ur asking in the way meaning "can u damage people with ice" then yes, i was spamming people 600-700s with ice staff when i was damage build ice mage

u got 2 options

1) (i did this before) go shell build, so enough int (160) and the rest into mp... just get shios to increase ur damage and slow rate

2) if ur going support, get rid of the staff and get a garp or oasis, since when u support u don't want that - ac on u[/b]
    Here you suggest garp for a support mage :P

try it out.... on girakon when i played ice damage build, meaning 160 int and rest into mp with dual shios +1s and garp +8, i was icing 95% of the time... idk if it was cause it was just like 9 months in the server or if's actually just that much better then the other staffs

so no i'm not saying using garp is better then other staffs for icing, but im just speaking from personal experience... as i said, it worked for me as i was icing pretty much all the time... while other mages on the server with their oasis +7/8s were no where closer to as good of an icing rate as mine[/b]
    Here you are talking about attack mages

So what im actually saying is there is better choices for support mage staffs than garps.

But on topic, since you will go attack then keep the staff you got, and go complete build with bifrost rings any +, ofc if they'e only +0 i would recomment keeping rols for now til u can get higher + bifrost rings. And ofcourse there is ice attack mages, but most people find it dumb, i myself think its average because the lack of damage is compensated by the constant slowing in staff attacks, but still for an attack mage fire and light are better.

Here you suggest garp for a support mage :P
    Here you are talking about attack mages

So what im actually saying is there is better choices for support mage staffs than garps.

But on topic, since you will go attack then keep the staff you got, and go complete build with bifrost rings any +, ofc if they'e only +0 i would recomment keeping rols for now til u can get higher + bifrost rings. And ofcourse there is ice attack mages, but most people find it dumb, i myself think its average because the lack of damage is compensated by the constant slowing in staff attacks, but still for an attack mage fire and light are better.[/b]
    Support mage is pretty much defined as a tank mage and a mage that can ice people... if you read what I wrote, I wrote that the garp was really good to me and iced people almost all the time out of first hit.... meaning that no matter if you are a damage ice mage or support ice mage, icing is icing

dpark2008

ok guys quit arguing. im looking for info from people who are experianced at mage. im thinking of going with the staff. getting shio tears +1 and lich king prides +1. iron neck and glass belt. and going 160 int for the shell armor. i need to know how much into mp and hp. also looking for feedback on this build from others who might have tried it.

ok guys quit arguing. im looking for info from people who are experianced at mage. im thinking of going with the staff. getting shio tears +1 and lich king prides +1. iron neck and glass belt. and going 160 int for the shell armor. i need to know how much into mp and hp. also looking for feedback on this build from others who might have tried it.[/b]
    160 int and rest into mp, that's what i did as ice mage before, except not with that staff

depending on ur level, but if you are 75-80, u should be spamming people 600-700s with that build with ice staff like i was

dpark2008

continuing on this topic what skills should i use to get the best slow rates

continuing on this topic what skills should i use to get the best slow rates[/b]
    frostbite
    ice storm/nova

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast