rom or shio for ice shiled mage

This is a discussion on rom or shio for ice shiled mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; as topic says i was wondering since the whole point of shiled mage is to be tank would it be ...
Page: 1

assassin110490

Default rom or shio for ice shiled mage

as topic says i was wondering since the whole point of shiled mage is to be tank would it be better to have rom or shio well i guess im asking will shio help me slow or just increase power

and crimson or linen crimson i can get a dd helm but will have less hp linen i can go mp/int that i need rest hp

what are your thoughts

assassin110490

forgot to say im dcz

a shield mage is supposed to tank as much as possible
    a rom will give u more hp and ac than a shio so i would go for roms
    as for the armor i would go crimson build and the rest of the points to hp so that i could wear weapon def armor.
    dd helmet and spear def boots are a MUST

assassin110490

bump any more thoughts or is the roms the way to go and what i ment on top post is i can get a dd helm with crimson but its way to hard to find a paper dd helm so thats y im thinking crimson

i wouldnt go crimson...maybe try 116 int build? unless youre on CWest, then yeah...id go crystal with enough for dd15...

as a TP/Support mage...one thing you need the most of is HP, more than AC...only because its ardream and the attacks dont do as much damage...

i would probably get ROL's if possible...just to bump the HP up as much as possible...
    ...and to bump up LR as much as possible...since light mages will try to rape you

;-)

shios>roms u still need 2 help slow the party 2 get your enemy

rom is better
    but hard to find +2+3
    shio is good and easy to find in merchants +0/+1 and cheap

booyah360

Talking about a mage shield build best to ask Donny :P Best paper shield mage I have seen IMO

if you can afford, get rols...or old rols...
    no need to get rol +1s or something...unless you have a geared rogue to share items with...

definitely get roms over shios though...would only get shios if you had intentions on attacking...also, get old shios if you want to help with slows...no sense or purpose in getting high shios if youre not interested in doing damage though...because youre throwing 41 stat points into strength...

again....try to go for a 116 int build if your server allows for it...or crystal with enough int for crimson dd15