Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Cleaver +9 or Shard +8

This is a discussion on Cleaver +9 or Shard +8 within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; cleaver got same "effective range" as shard (1.0) so im not sure if it fails more, well lower class daggers ...
Page: 3

Mario

cleaver got same "effective range" as shard (1.0) so im not sure if it fails more, well lower class daggers maybe yes, coz of ER = 0.5

dual kukry +10 pls :P

ArminVanBuuren

<_< alot of people tested out the shard and cleaver .. cleaver misses soo much i swear...[/b]
    Sure, where are the results of thoses testings? I haven&#39;t seen it miss so much when I had MDs+2 and then tested with the Cleavers+8 a friend had...now I don&#39;t have the MDs anymore, but back in that time, as someone said above, depending on how was my day at comboing it wouldn&#39;t matter what weapon I had, it would miss anyways.

SilentDaemon

cleaver

feinis

Solution=Exp Shard +8

Banned

Solution=Exp Shard +8 [/b]
    ahaha good idea, close topic ;D

cleaver+9

What is so hard for people to understand when someone says it "FAILS MORE" it doesn&#39;t mean they fail their combo more, they mean the weapon misses and you only get elemental dmg on the hit. IN WHICH CASE THE CLEAVER DOES FUCKING FAIL MORE you will get more failed hits on your purple skills that are not non fail skills resulting in only element dmg hits. While on the Shard this will happen far less. You people who think Failing means you miss the skill in your combo are missinformed on what the concept of failing skills means. It has nothing to do with your combo it has to do with the success rate on a successful physical dmg hit.

Failing skills and Failing in your combo are 2 completely different things 1 is the result of weapon quality the other is the result of shoddy play.

dragonz

Cleaver +9 for shure, fail rate is basicly the same. I know shards look leet but thats wat good bout the clever +9, it has a extra 10 elemental and a little more ap and people with think its +8 and then BAM a massive spike. Any way clevers +9

cleaver...

Aba

Solution=Exp Shard +8 [/b]

:lol:

works for me

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

lol

with the amount u save for getting dual cleavers +9 as opposed to getting dual shards +8 u can easily buy a ske belt + some other unique.

so even if they do fail more the ske would make up for it, + the better ac and def bonuses

cleaver +9 way better.

also depends on what u play the game 4. too look sexy or to beat the shit outa everyone

mammlea2

What is so hard for people to understand when someone says it "FAILS MORE" it doesn&#39;t mean they fail their combo more, they mean the weapon misses and you only get elemental dmg on the hit. IN WHICH CASE THE CLEAVER DOES FUCKING FAIL MORE you will get more failed hits on your purple skills that are not non fail skills resulting in only element dmg hits. While on the Shard this will happen far less. You people who think Failing means you miss the skill in your combo are missinformed on what the concept of failing skills means. It has nothing to do with your combo it has to do with the success rate on a successful physical dmg hit.

Failing skills and Failing in your combo are 2 completely different things 1 is the result of weapon quality the other is the result of shoddy play.[/b]

When you come with something like:

Cleaver +9/90 Total Spikes: 1000
    Avg Dmg: X
    Total Misses: Y

Shard +8/80 Total Spikes: 1000
    Avg Dmg: T
    Total Misses: Y-100

I will believe you, mean while 102/90 > 101/80

Get it?

Failing skills and Failing in your combo are 2 completely different things 1 is the result of weapon quality the other is the result of shoddy play.[/b]
    Amen to your post.

Every month someone makes a topic about this and every month, people still say cleaver9 is better, when it&#39;s obviously not.

People don&#39;t understand that the cleaver originally is MIDDLE class, yes MIDDLE. and shard originally HIGH class.
    The only advantage cleaver9 has is, when you miss your purple skills, your poison does little bit more dmg.. like 5-8dmg more then shard8.

But since the cleaver is originally a middle class weapon upgraded to high class, you miss hits more often and only have the poison hit the opponent.

People who still disagree, please go play a sin and check it out, cause including myself everyone that plays a sin and that has used cleaver9 and shards8 says that shard8 is better then cleaver9.

So, to answer your topic question (again)

Shard8 > Cleaver9

IN WHICH CASE THE CLEAVER DOES FUCKING FAIL MORE[/b]
    Right.. and how do you know. It&#39;s just another myth some kid came up with and everyone thinks its true.

mammlea2

Amen to your post.
    Every month someone makes a topic about this and every month, people still say cleaver9 is better, when it&#39;s obviously not.

People don&#39;t understand that the cleaver originally is MIDDLE class, yes MIDDLE. and shard originally HIGH class.
    The only advantage cleaver9 has is, when you miss your purple skills, your poison does little bit more dmg.. like 5-8dmg more then shard8.

But since the cleaver is originally a middle class weapon upgraded to high class, you miss hits more often and only have the poison hit the opponent.

People who still disagree, please go play a sin and check it out, cause including myself everyone that plays a sin and that has used cleaver9 and shards8 says that shard8 is better then cleaver9.
    So, to answer your topic question (again)

Shard8 > Cleaver9[/b]

Still no proof

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast