Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Cleaver +9 or Shard +8

This is a discussion on Cleaver +9 or Shard +8 within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Meh, I don't need to/feel like posting proof to randoms. If you don't believe it, it's your loss. And when ...
Page: 4

Meh, I don't need to/feel like posting proof to randoms. If you don't believe it, it's your loss. And when you miss skills, don't come cry on the forums

I still have a cleaver 9, if anyone has a shard 8, please trade it with me.

The DON Senior Member Raekpacman's Avatar

mammlea2

Meh, I don't need to/feel like posting proof to randoms. If you don't believe it, it's your loss. And when you miss skills, don't come cry on the forums
    I still have a cleaver 9, if anyone has a shard 8, please trade it with me.[/b]

Hey guess what I DID do the test.

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?sh...&hl=cleaver[/b]
    Chemical got owned, Yet again.

LOL, ok wait.. to quote someone in this topic:

"Right.. and how do you know. It's just another myth some kid came up with and everyone thinks its true. "

I see no fraps, so to me that's not proof, but just some guy typing some random stuff.

WTF? What motivation do I have to make up information.

I recorded the events exactly how they happened, that's the data.

According to my test, Cleaver missed less than shard.

HOWEVER

I don't honestly believe that cleaver is more accurate than shard. I believe that the rate is the same on both weapons, or even perhaps it has nothing to do with the weapon but possibly level or something.

Please please please stop spreading inaccurate information.

WTF? What motivation do I have to make up information.

I recorded the events exactly how they happened, that's the data.

According to my test, Cleaver missed less than shard.

HOWEVER

I don't honestly believe that cleaver is more accurate than shard. I believe that the rate is the same on both weapons, or even perhaps it has nothing to do with the weapon but possibly level or something.

Please please please stop spreading inaccurate information.[/b]

Mob vs Player is much different. When you test the misses on a player then I'll care. Every test we've ever conducted on olympia has shown the converese of your results. The only time the cleaver 9's came with less misses was on targets with ac under 950. And in my opinion this result was likely an outlier result.

You need to post data, not what you have analyzed from the "supposed" data.

The fact that your supposed tests came up the way you just said just further supports that the weapon accuracy is the same.

You need to post data, not what you have analyzed from the "supposed" data.

The fact that your supposed tests came up the way you just said just further supports that the weapon accuracy is the same.[/b]
    Since we don't have the empirical results from the tests we had before we had to do new ones right now the only one we have is for rogue on a high ac warrior but we'll get you more results as more people log on to test

on a lv 79 warrior with 1522 ac, iron neck/iron belt +0
    test of 75 spikes from a lv 73 rogue with cleaver 9 shard 8 in their respective hands

All results taken from the rogue's perspective

Shard 8 main hand

Misses 1

Highest Dmg - 680
    Lowest Dmg - (not including Miss results) - 537
    Highest Miss Dmg - 54
    Lowest Miss Dmg - 54
    Mean Dmg - (including misses on spike) - 604.22
    Median Dmg - 608

Cleaver 9 main hand

Misses 3

Highest Dmg - 687
    Lowest Dmg - (not including Miss results) - 529
    Highest miss dmg - 68
    Lowest miss dmg - 51
    Mean Dmg - (including misses on spike) - 599.73
    Median Dmg - 596

There are a few conclusions you can draw from this data although I suggest you do more testing

1. It seems as though the miss rate for Cleaver IS actually higher than Shard
    2. It seems the Shard registers near identical dmg to the Cleaver when you factor out the misses based on the data from the mean damages.
    3. At least on warriors with high ac the Shard seems the marginally better option than the Cleaver.
    4. The most interesting data comes with the mean and median results. The mean results I believe are affected by the misses from the Cleaver however the median data is interesting in that it suggests the Shard hits more consistant dmg rates than the cleaver does.

ArminVanBuuren

lol, ofc it fails more, since the highest elemental damage is in the main hand, thus, makes the off hand hits have less accuracy, in that case, should be tested having both dual cleaver and dual shards to see the real difference.

hello

When you come with something like:

Cleaver +9/90 Total Spikes: 1000
    Avg Dmg: X
    Total Misses: Y

Shard +8/80 Total Spikes: 1000
    Avg Dmg: T
    Total Misses: Y-100
    I will believe you, mean while 102/90 > 101/80

Get it?[/b]
    Yeah exactly! Even if Cleaver +9 fail more than Shard +8, taking into consideration the advantage in ap n elemental boost, the overall calculation still state that Cleaver +9 rulez over Shard +8. It's a fact! Based on the equation posted by mammlea2, he is absolutely right.

It's just phygological decieving that Shard+8 is better because it is a high class item. Thanks to all the people who thought that Shard +8 was better, hence dropping the prices of Cleaver +9 xD.

kennyburger

Highclass item at +1 > mediumclass at +1

Shard+8/80 will fail less than a cleaver +9 + whats the ap diff 1 ?

Yeah exactly! Even if Cleaver +9 fail more than Shard +8, taking into consideration the advantage in ap n elemental boost, the overall calculation still state that Cleaver +9 rulez over Shard +8. It's a fact! Based on the equation posted by mammlea2, he is absolutely right.

It's just phygological decieving that Shard+8 is better because it is a high class item. Thanks to all the people who thought that Shard +8 was better, hence dropping the prices of Cleaver +9 xD.[/b]

Please, open your eyes, data has been posted by Cecilia.

yes, Kenny you're right.

Shard 8 > Cleaver 9 Always, at any time.

The data is only numbers, very inconclusive. The fact that he says below 950ac fails less negates any truth to his statements in my eyes. I believe it's completely random. If your skills fail once every 100 spikes who cares anyways?

It's amazing some people cant take things for what they are... your trying to make a simple game more complex with these absurd myths.

If anything, it fails less because it's a +9 item.

O Shit! I just made up a new myth! Everyone believe it pls.

The data is only numbers, very inconclusive. The fact that he says below 950ac fails less negates any truth to his statements in my eyes. I believe it's completely random. If your skills fail once every 100 spikes who cares anyways?

It's amazing some people cant take things for what they are... your trying to make a simple game more complex with these absurd myths.

If anything, it fails less because it's a +9 item.

O Shit! I just made up a new myth! Everyone believe it pls.[/b]
    Server: Diez

enough said

Truth hurts doesen't it child?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast