DCZ Mage

This is a discussion on DCZ Mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I am thinking of starting a DCZ mage in cwest and i have a question I've read the forums and ...
Page: 1

frostie

Default DCZ Mage

I am thinking of starting a DCZ mage in cwest and i have a question

I've read the forums and considering my budget this will be my build:

Ice/Light (55/45)
    old SSEs
    old EP
    old shios/imirs****
    old skele belt
    Chaotic staff/ Oasis Staff +1 reb ****
    + 7 crimson
    +6 dd helm

** Now the reason i have put the stars is because i am uncertain of which to use, light or ice accessores/staff, i have more points on ice and i will be using ice attacks more for slow but Ive heard someone tell me to use light accessories and the light staff attack as it proves to work better, and i was looking for a second opinion.

Also, what can help improve the freeze/stun rate of spells/staff attacks, is it how much elemental dmg i have? Please let me know

Thanks in advance

Banned

Personal preference here, but, i wouldnt go crimson if your staying dlw. I would go crystal build. You get more hp and you can still use the Oasis / Chaotic stalves. If your main attacks are ice, i would definately go with Shios / Oasis. Going on what i remember, INT had something to do with slowing / stunning, but it was never personally proven. I Had a dcz mage on Diez back in the day with top gear. +8s / +3s. She was the same build as you, and she hit for a ton and slowed / stunned quite nicely. I just went with what stats were needed for the gear, then dumped everything into hp. Again, this was just my opinion and my build, but it seemed to work great.

frostie

well that helps alot, however i dont think i can afford crystal +8 until i play around with the market some more and get some gold, but i will eventually.
    as for the items to get then i shall go with ice accessories, but should i still use the light staff attack, even with everything into ice?

Banned

Yes, i did. Stun wasnt the best, but it did the trick. Ice mage is usually meant for support(tping party members when in trouble, annoying the opponents priest and so on). But tbh, once you get the gear needed, defensive stuff, higher + armors and the such, you can knock the crap out of most classes. Slow is always your friend in pk. Stun is just a plus. Your damage as ice wont be as high as the other builds, but myself personally, had a blast playing ice mage. Just get a good blade combo going, both tanking and sliding(sliding until you get the gear needed to tank), and you will have a blast with it also. Just dont have so much fun with it that you forget to save party members, ive been yelled at so many times going leeroy as mage and not tping people, its not funny :P.