Crystal 9 vs Linen 9

This is a discussion on Crystal 9 vs Linen 9 within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; dcz fire mage: crystal 9 with hb +8 and crimson dd 8 or linen 9 with scorching 8 and paper ...
Page: 1

Default Crystal 9 vs Linen 9

dcz fire mage:

crystal 9 with hb +8 and crimson dd 8

or

linen 9 with scorching 8 and paper dd 8

never tried crystal 9, what do you guys think?

IMO , in this case I would go with linen . Simply because as a fire mage Ur main goal is to ks as much kills as U can and stay out of close fights. Even tho U won't have much defense as with crystal build , U would have enough for dcz , + as rogues being biggest threat , DD on Scorching would be extra help.Also , since Scorching has nice balance between Ap/elemental , even in close fights Ur blade would still make quite big dmg.But if I was you , I would pick up crystals +9 / DD+8 crimson , elysium+8 , imirs highest + and go rape every1 xD Thats just me tho ...

I also agree about the linen 9, since I do not want to go lightning or ice

im a light mage in ardream and went from linen 8 to crystal 9 build and am loving the crystal9 build...helps you tank like a beast and a good priest will let you combo forever

flame mage, i feel, is a much better ranged option...so id say linen with scorching 8 makes more sense...

as far as damage between the ely8 and crystal build vs chaotic8 and linen build...i think the damage difference is very minimal...which surprised me...the difference in staff ap matched up with the extra MP that linen allows

not sure if this holds true with fire as well....

Quote Originally Posted by eebertay View Post
    im a light mage in ardream and went from linen 8 to crystal 9 build and am loving the crystal9 build...helps you tank like a beast and a good priest will let you combo forever

flame mage, i feel, is a much better ranged option...so id say linen with scorching 8 makes more sense...

as far as damage between the ely8 and crystal build vs chaotic8 and linen build...i think the damage difference is very minimal...which surprised me...the difference in staff ap matched up with the extra MP that linen allows

not sure if this holds true with fire as well....

I realize that I plan on staying fire for awhile so it would be smart to just stay linen 9 because ranged spell damage is very important for my build.