couple of archer points

This is a discussion on couple of archer points within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I have an archer atm, lvl 64, the setup is incomplete, but I have 1576ap wolfed with Iron bow +8 ...
Page: 1

Default couple of archer points

I have an archer atm, lvl 64, the setup is incomplete, but I have 1576ap wolfed with Iron bow +8 and some uniques. Trying to push it to 1600 but that's not what I want to discuss.

For an older server (diez, if it needs to be exact), what would the recommended minimum AP for normal performance in both RLB and CZ? I mean, not looking for dragon, but dont want to be a push-over kinda deal. If you're gonna push some numbers, try recommending a bow please

I read in an older topic that str affects damage average, and supposedly it was tested, but from what I understood, it was tested into the str put into the stats, not from jewelry bonus. The question is, is this just a rumour? If str does affect performace, is it only in str for stat points, and not str bonus, like the mp bonus for mages?

You have an iron bow +8, what would you donext: buy a helenid +8/EE +8, or would you rather buy three more IB +8s and rbr upgrade them the furthest + you could?

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

I dont know about those str points, but if I was you, i would go for ee+8 or ib rb+9 or more

thahitman

if you are only talking about bows since you didnt give any other gear options i would hit up helenid +8 over ee +8 elemental and ice shot not to mention a whole lot cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by thahitman View Post
    if you are only talking about bows since you didnt give any other gear options i would hit up helenid +8 over ee +8 elemental and ice shot not to mention a whole lot cheaper
    I see your point, plus enchant makes you a power house... I just wonder if all the horror stories they say about Helenid are true

Only talking about bows, since its an older server, the gear has to be pretty much the standard tank set if you want to survive the assasin assault...

In case you want to know...
    ROL +0 x2
    WP +0 //makes you suffer in the AP department,
    //but lets you live long enough to fire another arrow
    Elf Belt +0
    +9 dex ears (trying to get HR x2)
    Shell set +7

Keep the bow for a while, get those dual HR and turn in those shells for chitins+8.
    And then you are up for the next step (upping WP by example)

well unless he edited his post, he doesn't even say what armor he has. ur an archer therefore, typically at the back of the pack attacking (unless killing ppl in town). ur in diez, so obviously a fp dd helm is a must if you can afford it. WP shud be the cheapest to upgrade but i am speaking from an Ares market standpoint. Cheapest way for you might be a silver earring/HR combo WP and rols. silver earring is a cheap way to get ur ap up above 1600 while keep ur hp and ac. as far as a bow, i'd say a henlied so u can use a weapon enchant since u cant w/ ur current bow

shell set+7 is just terrible for an archer, get chitin+8 on top of everything you plan to to, than you can up HRs, i would sell elf belt and try to buy cheap judi+1 , you can get it for comparable price imo, to bow....upg reverse sux, just make some money and catch some1 selling rebirth+6/7 or ex +8 if you wanna increase your ap a bit...or babshop IB+9 what can i say

Quote Originally Posted by Spinal_Tap View Post
    well unless he edited his post, he doesn't even say what armor he has. ur an archer therefore, typically at the back of the pack attacking (unless killing ppl in town). ur in diez, so obviously a fp dd helm is a must if you can afford it. WP shud be the cheapest to upgrade but i am speaking from an Ares market standpoint. Cheapest way for you might be a silver earring/HR combo WP and rols. silver earring is a cheap way to get ur ap up above 1600 while keep ur hp and ac. as far as a bow, i'd say a henlied so u can use a weapon enchant since u cant w/ ur current bow
    You try to stay at the back of the pack, but many sins and mages know that they can put a lot of pressure really quick, and yes, DD would be very awesome, but l try to keep it out of the question.

AP wont get any higher cause of earings, they are both +9 dex, but the HRs are ideal cause of the resists and medium ac bonus. No ap loss either.

Quote Originally Posted by sheewa1
    shell set+7 is just terrible for an archer, get chitin+8 on top of everything you plan to to, than you can up HRs, i would sell elf belt and try to buy cheap judi+1 , you can get it for comparable price imo, to bow....upg reverse sux, just make some money and catch some1 selling rebirth+6/7 or ex +8 if you wanna increase your ap a bit...or babshop IB+9 what can i say
    Chitin +8 is the same ac as a shell 7 set though, but i guess the large ap increase makes it different, as you can put pressure on them too. the judi has resists and a little bit more dex, but no ac, so, wouldnt you get the same effect by changin a rol with a lego band, and keeping the elf belt?

Is rbr past +5 really that bad? I thought its supposed to be "easier" with each + it went up

Quote Originally Posted by Goathorns View Post
    the judi has resists and a little bit more dex, but no ac, so, wouldnt you get the same effect by changin a rol with a lego band, and keeping the elf belt?
    rol and lego has some DEX bonus jesus
    judi+1 and rol is better than rol/lb and elf for an archer, the 4dex on judi+1 and hp/resist will help you more and its same price ( at least on ares )

Validating

With only 2 choices Helenid +8 and EE+8. I will go for EE+8 because of the bonus stats it gives. For Helenid you will have a bit more of ap if you use WES.