bdw INT priest

This is a discussion on bdw INT priest within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; So I got this INT priest that I was using as a slave buffer when I want to go solo ...
Page: 1

pthawaii

Default bdw INT priest

So I got this INT priest that I was using as a slave buffer when I want to go solo with my main char (mage).

As it turns out, I never take the buffer out lol. I only play BDW with her.

She is lvl 66 buff/1920 heal/malice.

Works okay for bdw, good balance, etc. However, I'm starting to think I should go duff/heal.

If you had an INT priest and was ONLY doing BDW, would you go buff/heal or duff/heal at lvl 66+?

I'm thinking, even if we don't have a buffer, I can duff the other party, no cure in bdw, and worst case we are on equal footing.

Thoughts? I am slightly worried about being the only priest in party (happens 50% of the time), but want to hear other pro priests thoughts.

HamDude Senior Member thenerd1o2's Avatar

as a duffer you`ll get more kills than a buffer plus its true what you say that worst case would be both partys on equal footing - tho id go for 60heal/45duff/5master - that would be much better you`ll get parasite and the 10% weapon def. and better heals which what your party really needs if theres no buffer

Quote Originally Posted by thenerd1o2 View Post
    as a duffer you`ll get more kills than a buffer plus its true what you say that worst case would be both partys on equal footing - tho id go for 60heal/45duff/5master - that would be much better you`ll get parasite and the 10% weapon def. and better heals which what your party really needs if theres no buffer
    With the no cure thing torment is a charm, in ed i just rush forward cast subside and torment and then its real easy to get the party down. Even without buffs it really doesnt matter.

A lot more fun to play debuff than buff, still i think a buffer in some of those parties is a must. A bunch of people who go there are 2 hitters without buffs. And with all the koxpers running free this days i think buffs are the better choice.

debuff because even if the other party has buff, debuff will cancel that buff + more

eg..party 1 with DB

a warrior has 1400 ac buffed
    DB with malice/torment and there ac will drop below what your party would have with out buff

only thing is they always have buff and u dont
    so u have to keep them always db'd and stick together with ya party

debuffer will be better with all that pathetic turks around...

I like 60 heal, 45 db 5 master. That way u can db other players but also heal ur party. Complete heal it's a must in bdw cause when the other party has a healer it get really hard to get some kills. So, you can heal back ur party and make the battle more balance.

And of course, being a buffer sucks in bdw or any other pk. Specially when sins keep yelling for buff but then it takes forever to get sw from them. That's my opinion =)

pthawaii

Quote Originally Posted by flojobros View Post
    I like 60 heal, 45 db 5 master. That way u can db other players but also heal ur party. Complete heal it's a must in bdw cause when the other party has a healer it get really hard to get some kills. So, you can heal back ur party and make the battle more balance.

And of course, being a buffer sucks in bdw or any other pk. Specially when sins keep yelling for buff but then it takes forever to get sw from them. That's my opinion =)
    "Specially when sins keep yelling for buff but then it takes forever to get sw from them." Soooooo true. I just finished bdw, buff all, run down to monument, sins run off with light feet, get pwned, complain about heals (out of range), respawn at base (I'm now at monument) and then endlessly spam for buff. Do peeps know each time I try to buff someone and they are out of range, others die cause I'm not healing?

Sooo true. hmmm tough call heal/duff or duff/heal....tough call. Seems like heal/duff til 70, then maybe duff/heal at 70 would be better. Yes?