Cleave VS Sword Aura // Leg cut question (DCZ)

This is a discussion on Cleave VS Sword Aura // Leg cut question (DCZ) within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; What does more damage usually in your experience in DCZ. I know on sins u use Sword Aura cus Cleave ...
Page: 1

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

Default Cleave VS Sword Aura // Leg cut question (DCZ)

What does more damage usually in your experience in DCZ.

I know on sins u use Sword Aura cus Cleave just fails em non stop, but on other classes what usually hits more?

Also in your own experience what's the leg cut percentage about?

from what i read in this thread http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f8...estion-257521/ seems like Cleave is better on non rogues, but want more updated info.

Edit: found this thread http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f8...entage-320406/ gonna read it so probably won't need the question about leg cut but feel free to give your experience anyways about how many times out of does it take u to leg cut someone.
    Last edited by MushtMan; 06-16-2011 at 03:57 AM.

You want to use Cleave on Mages, Priests and Warriors.

I find it best to just duplicate your PK Skill bar (lets say F1) and simply change the attack skill on the "cleave page" (F2). So F1 has Aura and F2 will have cleave, everything else is the same.

You will hit duffed players for 100-300 dmg more with cleave BUT it may fail every 3-4 hits.

DO NOT use it on rogues, you will spam them for 5-30 damage

Some GREAT info on leg cut percentage:
    http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f8...entage-320406/

I did a test on it, DEX bonus has NOTHING to do with it.
    Leg cut is a "freeze" attack. The more FR the opponent has, the less likely you'll LC them. Rogues seem to have the least and Warriors/Mages have the most.

Hope this helps.

got any idea how much i would be hitting people with 1433 AP? (HB+8)

So that's around 1850 wolfed?

Depends, duffed, maybe around 600-700
    buffed players, maybe a spam of 300-400.

Hard to say but you will hit for more than 300 for sure on buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeshka View Post
    So that's around 1850 wolfed?

Depends, duffed, maybe around 600-700
    buffed players, maybe a spam of 300-400.

Hard to say but you will hit for more than 300 for sure on buffed.
    im talking about 1433 wolfed lol. using my rogue uniques + old pe x2 + chitin set +7.

im gonna have like 2.9k hp/mp unbuffed and 1k ac if im not wrong.

Also before u said i should do cleave on duffed people, but what about buffed people in your experience? do i still hit cleave on the buffed priests for example? etc etc or use sword aura.

i dunno i just suddenly really got an urge to play warrior a bit (nothing main im not gonna sell out rogue gear and get warrior gear), hope i dont get disappointed lol, still can't pk anyays since im busy studying and i dont have my good computer atm.

--------

Anyways can u give me a number anyawys of about how much in your experience when you're pking did leg cut work?
    Last edited by MushtMan; 06-17-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Leg cut worked maybe 1/20 times with HB+8
    5/20 with raptor
    10/20 with avedon

ROUGHLY! I never kept track. I WILL say again it depends on the Glacier Resistance a person has, the less they have the more likely you will leg cut them.

with 1400 ap wolfed you'll hit for 80-200 damage lol

Use cleave at all times on characters beside rogues. but beware, it may fail often.

Agree with whats been said already.

From what I've found avedons and other axes will leg cut like crazy but everything else really sucks for leg cut.

1400 ap wolfed with a +8 hell breaker isn't very good. Get some uniques with str on them or you won't get many kills. I've always aimed for around 1600 wolfed with much worse gear than a +8 hb. Some good cheap stuff is "old" -diamond rings, - WP, - platinum earrings, or 12/1 earrings.

Personally ap > deff for an ardream warrior as most ppl leave warriors alone and a warriors attack isn't the best under lvl 59 so you need everything you can to boost it up.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHOBO View Post
    Agree with whats been said already.

From what I've found avedons and other axes will leg cut like crazy but everything else really sucks for leg cut.

1400 ap wolfed with a +8 hell breaker isn't very good. Get some uniques with str on them or you won't get many kills. I've always aimed for around 1600 wolfed with much worse gear than a +8 hb. Some good cheap stuff is "old" -diamond rings, - WP, - platinum earrings, or 12/1 earrings.

Personally ap > deff for an ardream warrior as most ppl leave warriors alone and a warriors attack isn't the best under lvl 59 so you need everything you can to boost it up.
    im using:

old pe x2
    WP+3
    ROLS+2
    IB

HB+8

Chitin set+7

No cospre items and probaly won't be buying any cospre items.

The uniques i got are my rogue uniques, don't think im gonna be getting like rocs cus i was just gonna test out a warrior and see how it is, not planning to really gear it out (the hb+8 is also my bp's so basically all i wasted on the char was chitin set 7 + old pe x2).

Anyways u think i'd be better off even using old dr instead of rols+2? To me it seems kinda ridiculous.

Anyways i tested it out in arena on a clannie and i was hitting him like 5xx while he was duffed, seems kinda low, i hit better with my BP who has 1345 AP. But eh just wanna test out a warrior for a bit, can't even pk this week at all though, so would probably try it out in DCZ next Friday.

You'll hit low tbh. When I had 1.6 k ap with my ms, I still hitted geared scrolled duffers for ~200-300max. but yea it all kinda depens on targeting the noobs which are duffed, because if sins are are buffed and a bit geared they'll simply just out minor you easily.

I have exacly the same as what meeshka said before, about on f1 sa, and on f2 cleave. It works for me. Cleave is just a bp / mage killer especially when duffed, with my hb 8 I had ~1.7 k ap and I hited duffed mages with cleave for ~600-900.

tbh in dcz it's all about folowing duffs and ksing the sins for a warrior, unless you have gg gear :P. which 1.4 k ap isnt really :P.

but Being a tank / having a shield is pretty much a must tho. tbh mages are the easiest to drop when duffed than BP and than WARRIORS. Yes I said it. Why? they don't cure themself and lf away, and they can only 720 pot themselves. When a warrior is duffed, Leg cut on him -> 3/4 hits he's down as long as he doesnt have gg support, but rogues / priests don't focus on the warriors in their party, most of the time.

Whole point using cleave comes from the ''50%'' more dmg it does.. Hope someone knows what I mean. With lower AP, theres no point using cleave beacuse the additional dmg + 200% is better than cleaves 250% so u should only go cleave if u have wery gg AP.

cleave on mages only

i don't understand why people use cleave over sword aura tbh.

sa does 250% with an additional 100, while cleave does 250% without any additional, plus it fails time to time, i don't see why cleave would hit more?

could someone explain it to me if i'm missing something out?

sa does 200% and 100 damage

ooh i see. on my warrior i saw that sa did 250%, probs a visual bug

thanks for clearing it up for me.