Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

[CW] True DCZ Tank

This is a discussion on [CW] True DCZ Tank within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; hmm well now that i think about it...i kinda understand why hes doing it now..cause a long time ago i ...
Page: 2

hmm well now that i think about it...i kinda understand why hes doing it now..cause a long time ago i did this on rogue lol and it was kinda fun....being able to run into towers solo tanking 2-3 towers while killing people and surviving was fun. so he will be the guy who goes into orc base and tanks all towers + orcs lol even with the duffs and then everyone else goes in and pwns

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    with decent uniques FR pots FR talia and an undy set on a normal warrior you can easily tank towers anyway, or is this to tank players?

Bearing in mind after the rogues spike u and u aren't dieing they will just let you live

I mean you will be alive, but with no purpose

Each unto there own
    I'll be a target regardless. I've found that a lot of players who have good gear get frustrated if they cant kill someone their level (or lower), and continue to try.

My whole purpose is to just be a giant annoying party-tanker/tower tanker as bknight mentioned. im 53 atm with 1.5k base AC and 4k base hp. (+/- weapon/shield switchout in pk). I'm the first to ram into an enemy party so they all duff me and attack me. Unfortunately in time the enemy will avoid me.... that's why I need a hb+8 to switch-out with.

my Current FR is 365 with pot. With Talia im sure towers would do very little damage to me. 565 FR is just crazy.

but, i still dont know. still going through with this just to see what it's like and if it's worth keeping.

Here's a basic pro's/con's list of the 2 warriors:

Offensive Warrior

Pro's
    Balanced AC/AP
    Can wield great AP
    Can switch to shield+increase AC
    Can tank parties & towers with heal
    Can toggle resistant uniques
    Can activate resist pots

Con's
    Is vulnerable if duffed
    Is easy to kill if no DD
    Is easy to stun/slow & set on fire when no shield

Keep in mind for an offensive warrior to avoid slow, stun, dagger attacks, fire attacks, he must be very quick to switch to his shield (and resist uniques), then back to his weapon (and str uniques). Most warriors dont bother because they dont really care nor really need to and it can be a hassle.

Defensive Warrior

Pro's
    Can tank towers & full parties
    Can tank while fully duffed & AC/HP is still high
    Easy to switch resist uniques+resist pots while PKing
    Has extremely high HP/AC/Resist
    With DD most rogues would do more damage with Blood Drain than Spike

Con's
    Has utterly USELESS AP with shield equipped
    Has LOW ap with a good weapon equipped
    Does virtually no damage with shield, and low damage with a good weapon
    Not as fun or eventful.... as im noticing. it's kind of like being a moving stone....

I guess the lists could go on and on, but it's still a debate and few people try going full defense with warriors because of NP being the primary goal in PK. Personally, I play for fun, not for NP
    Last edited by THUNDERGAWD; 02-15-2011 at 12:47 AM.

with hb8 you might do okay for atk, also consider getting 2 high str unques for atk situations. nothing crazy just something to give you a little more ap in situations when you need it. but char seems like it would be fun if alot of people were on form other nation, and your playing with smart players .

Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    but char seems like it would be fun if alot of people were on form other nation, and your playing with smart players .
    ah.. that is just as rare as seeing a defensive warrior in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERGAWD View Post

Based on KOK here were my stats UNBUFFED:

5414 HP
    401 AP
    1799 AC
    210 FR
    130 GR
    160 LR

Suggestions? Entire goal is being able to survive and tank.

well nice AC but i got 2k with the shield
    and 2k AP with the Wep

i don't think it worth to be Tanker in ardream
    highes damage im getting form tower is 220 and Spikes are 250~550
    only few rogues hit me with +550

and yea i never get stunned ,, maybe frozed.

otherwise i wanna try it once with full HP on

cheers

Well with ur gear ofc lol but i dont have all my gear yet

ive found that putting stats into just 90hp instead of full hp i get the str i need to do damage + wield a lot better weapons than crappy gigas. which means i sacrifice less than 1k hp but fully buffed and undy id have 2.1k ac and 8k hp (versus 10k hp with full hp stats)

i think thats still enough.... my ap without shield would be almost 1.3k which is better than 500 lol

-edit

k not gonna lie it's extremely boring so boring im actually having more fun upgrading than pvping. its not much of a pvp when no one can kill you, and now im just a target for all the lvl 80's cuz they know im full defense..... and they wont stop attacking cuz i cant do anything about it - if i were a priest i could at least duff them and everyone hates being duffed...... big waste of pots lol

-edit2

sorry, this was short-lived. i give up.... in all honesty i can say this is the most boring class of the warrior with no benefits to it at all. Maybe a lvl 80 defensive warrior would be something a bit more interesting, but with the 14k hp cap i dont think it's worth it still.

if someone else wants to try this feel free but you're gonna be disappointed. might as well stay attack/defense like IBadCop mentioned above, same basic defense.
    Last edited by THUNDERGAWD; 02-15-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12