Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

DCZ FR MAGE BIGGEST Impacts/Thorns/Pillars

This is a discussion on DCZ FR MAGE BIGGEST Impacts/Thorns/Pillars within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Ok so, first SS 177 + 22 mp. Fr+1s, Scorcher 7. Guy had 20 FR....
Page: 2

Ok so, first SS 177 + 22 mp. Fr+1s, Scorcher 7. Guy had 20 FR.

Fr+2s, 177 + 28mp. Scorch 7. Same guy.

With the variance it's hitting about 30 dmg more per ability, averaged out over a couple tests. Will upload a further SS of dual Agates +1/2. So an extra 14-20 mp with an MP scroll (15mp).

I've found MP scs generally add around 50 dmg per ability (which would be close to the equivalent of going FR1s - 3s without the price tag). I think it's more cost effective, if going for raw damage on ranged abilitys, to just stack MP rather than further upgrade rings. Not sure how this works on USKO but added MP on steamko seems to be absolutely insane in terms of raw dmg. Can't say I'd be buying FR3s anytime soon, so will up lesser value items with added magic power bonus and keep the thread rolling.

Will continue to update as I buy more gear.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    With the variance it's hitting about 30 dmg more per ability, averaged out over a couple tests. Will upload a further SS of dual Agates +1/2. So an extra 14-20 mp with an MP scroll (15mp).

I've found MP scs generally add around 50 dmg per ability (which would be close to the equivalent of going FR1s - 3s without the price tag). I think it's more cost effective, if going for raw damage on ranged abilitys, to just stack MP rather than further upgrade rings. Not sure how this works on USKO but added MP on steamko seems to be absolutely insane in terms of raw dmg. Can't say I'd be buying FR3s anytime soon, so will up lesser value items with added magic power bonus and keep the thread rolling.

Will continue to update as I buy more gear.
    Buy loads of sweeping potions from random merchants near TP gates in moradon. They should sell those in bulk.

Same as last image, plus mp scroll and on a char with 0 FR. Which is 99% of the rogues running around ardy on cypher lol

Hitting around the low 800s with thorn, same for impact when you take into account the instant dot dmg on impact. So roughly an extra 50dmg with a SC.

Think with some high +2 agates and possibly an EP upgrade could tick over 900s without spending huge $$s. I'm nt currently specced into max mp as I can't deal with having less than 2.5k hp in ardy. Should get real interesting once I pickup some better linens/neck.

Will fuck around with sweeping potions later and upload results, if it works ill be putting them on right click and carving like a butcher.

crimson +8 / scorching staff +8 / Glass belt +3 / IN Dual Fr +3 , u gonna be Great mage

Ok so sweeping potions work. There is a pretty big range in what your abilities hit for disregarding flame resistance, seems to be somewhere around +/- 10%. Sweeping potions seem to just increase the lesser value and minimize the range. So something like +/- 5%.

For instance, without sweeper I'll hit for around 720-820.
    With sweeping pot it'll be more like 790-820.

Will upload some SS's later on tonight with the difference.

I'll rock a full mp set later on tonight and upload some of the insane shit you can do with it with the right team.

#update#

MP bonus does not work on armor.

The only mp bonus that works (increases dmg vs players) is on your accessories + scrolls. Ie Neck/ears/rings/belt/scrolls

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

#update#

MP bonus does not work on armor.

The only mp bonus that works (increases dmg vs players) is on your accessories + scrolls. Ie Neck/ears/rings/belt/scrolls
    That's odd From a developing prospective I don't quite understand why there would be a difference in (+MP bonus) wether it comes from accessory or armor... it stacks onto the same +. Unless it's limited per item types in some way in code. Are you sure tho that you've tested it enough? You know like... use 20 thorns and calculate an average hit. With each set of gear?

Yeah I don't understand why it's like that either.

Rocked a full +7 MP set, which pretty much triple my added MP and my damage didn't change atall.

Yet I take off added mp from accessories like, Agates,EP, crystal belt etc. My damage reduces considerably.

I imagine it'd be too overpowered if armor worked, maybe they figured that out but it's doubtful, probably a bug.

Yeah I don't understand why it's like that either.

Rocked a full +7 MP set, which pretty much triple my added MP and my damage didn't change atall.

Yet I take off added mp from accessories like, Agates,EP, crystal belt etc. My damage reduces considerably.

I imagine it'd be too overpowered if armor worked, maybe they figured that out but it's doubtful, probably a bug.
    always been like this, guess mages would wreck ppl too easy with novas if they could stack mp armor aswell.

from ko kalais:
    "Only BASE MP affects the damage you do in PVP. MP + base MP is worthless. I can have 255MP + 15...or 255 + 138 wearing all MP armor and accessories, and my damage in the CZ in PVP is the same. The developers of KO knew this, and it would make the game very unbalanced if they allowed bonus MP to inflict damage in PVP as well. I'd have over 400 total MP using MP set, and I would most likely 2-3 hit every player in the game. Just 245 MP with wreath +7 does up to 1450 dmg. Imagine 400 MP....see my point?

BASE MP + bonus has a difference on mobs only. I can do close to 6000 dmg to some mobs using lvl 70 incineration, since the MP is so high with MP armor and accessories. For lvling, use MP set (if HP high and def high enough). For PVP, use HP set only, as MP bonus does nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by NyqpaN View Post
    always been like this, guess mages would wreck ppl too easy with novas if they could stack mp armor aswell.

from ko kalais:
    "Only BASE MP affects the damage you do in PVP. MP + base MP is worthless. I can have 255MP + 15...or 255 + 138 wearing all MP armor and accessories, and my damage in the CZ in PVP is the same. The developers of KO knew this, and it would make the game very unbalanced if they allowed bonus MP to inflict damage in PVP as well. I'd have over 400 total MP using MP set, and I would most likely 2-3 hit every player in the game. Just 245 MP with wreath +7 does up to 1450 dmg. Imagine 400 MP....see my point?

BASE MP + bonus has a difference on mobs only. I can do close to 6000 dmg to some mobs using lvl 70 incineration, since the MP is so high with MP armor and accessories. For lvling, use MP set (if HP high and def high enough). For PVP, use HP set only, as MP bonus does nothing."
    BS, bonus MP works since last cz update. Just the difference is not that high as you expect.

Yeah, + MP on accessories DEFINITELY works, I'm currently rocking a set of Agates and the dmg difference is massive. Still un-sure about armor, I tested it alot and couldn't see any dmg difference, I can't understand why it works for accessories that add MP but not armor, unless I just got odd results which is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    BS, bonus MP works since last cz update. Just the difference is not that high as you expect.
    So if you stack like crystal earrs +3, crystal neck/belt +3 and FRs +3 you will wreck ppl? Anyone tested?

Correct, currently 1-2 popping most rogues in ardy in +1s. +3s would be a 1 pop on a parasite with pillar.

It's pretty fucking fun

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast