DCZ Int priest build

This is a discussion on DCZ Int priest build within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; After running around in DCZ for a while, I was really surprised at the lack of talented INT priests so ...
Page: 1

Default DCZ Int priest build

After running around in DCZ for a while, I was really surprised at the lack of talented INT priests so I was going to take a break from archer and remember my roots.

Build would be as follows:
    This is Ares btw

DD25 FP helm
    Goblin Chitin Pauldron
    Goblin Chitin Pads
    FP8 Boots (HP)
    FP8 Gaunts (HP)

Dread+7
    Holy Animor +7

Dual WE+0
    EP+0
    Skele Belt +0
    Dual ROL's +0

HP 2492
    MP 3801
    AP 218
    Def 1015
    Str95
    HP 109
    Dex 60
    MP 50
    Int 160

Resistances
    Flame 112
    Glacier 112
    Lightning 152
    Magic 65
    Curse 145
    Poison 145

Weap Defense
    DD 45
    Club 10
    Axe 20
    Spear 30

Thought about getting arrow defense pads and an iron set, but not sure how much that would help. These stats are WITHOUT any buffs. Don't want to spend too much as this is not my primary character.

Suggestions?
    Last edited by r1ckyb0by; 01-28-2011 at 10:59 AM.

CherryPoppin Senior Member MastaCrunk's Avatar

hmmm interesting armor combination but anyway that looks great. Thats better than some people's main lol. You will be fine, just curious though, buff/heal? duff/heal?

GR > LR...might be worth considering roms+1 / +2 or a lycaon hammer instead of holy animor

Quote Originally Posted by MastaCrunk View Post
    hmmm interesting armor combination but anyway that looks great. Thats better than some people's main lol. You will be fine, just curious though, buff/heal? duff/heal?
    I've tried the armor combo in PK before, except with FP9 gaunts and boots and a Chitin Goblin helm for XP purposes. It pretty much rocked. Used it in RLB until I could afford my Chitin 8 set and even then kept the Goblins on me for when I needed mage resists. It does away with the need for a Lycaon Hammer so you can use the HA for it's Defense and Magic Poison Curse resistance purposes. That's why the chitin goblins were so expensive at one time and still are if you know how to use the build, but the build is mainly for DCZ now. It gives a lot more defense than the FP build as well. I worked up a FP8 build for comparison on KOK (see below).

I would be sharing some of the more expensive items with my rouge, such as the ROL's and Skele Belt. The WE's and EP would be OLDS.

DUFF / HEAL for PK. Use scrolls or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    GR > LR...might be worth considering roms+1 / +2 or a lycaon hammer instead of holy animor
    As far as the Glacier VS. Light resistance. IMO LR>GR for the simple fact that you can cure yourself out of being slowed, with stun all you can do is spin around and pot.

The alternative build would be:

DD25 FP Helm
    FP8 Pauld, Pads, Boots, Gaunts
    Dread 7
    Lycaon Hammer +6 (price is comparable to +7 HA)
    Dual WE+0
    EP+0
    Dual ROL+0

HP 2485
    MP 3646
    STR 101
    INT 158
    HP 105

AP 183
    DEF 969

Resistances:

FR 124
    GR 124
    LR 164
    MR 29
    CR 109
    PR 109

Weap Defense
    DD 45
    Club 10
    AX 20
    Spear 30
    Last edited by r1ckyb0by; 01-28-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Second build is better imo you lose ac for resistance but with 45 dd you will be alright

If its anything like cypher id be dippin on the resists and beefin up tha ac/hp