DCZ mage

This is a discussion on DCZ mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; well i have read all the other topics but i dont found out what im asking i guess no flame ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

well i have read all the other topics but i dont found out what im asking i guess
    no flame plz

okej, im starting a mage from scratch and my items will be:
    Dual Cleric earring, maby dual Mage earring+1
    EP+0/+1
    kekuri belt
    and Dual flame/shio/imir rings +0

if would i be INT or Half paper or paper, so my question is:
    if i go INT my staff would be: elixir+7, chaotic,oasis,flame or elysium type and wreath type. all +7 ofc
    if i go half paper it would be wreath (types) or chaotic,oasis,flamestaff. +7
    and if paper wood staff+9, maby wizard staff+9
    and of course armors after that, int: crimson set+7, half paper: grade 3 set +7 and paper of course Grade 1 set +8

what is the best of all this, maby i wrote to much and not understandable
    and mage paper DD in logos cost alot so maby no DD to it :S
    and i cant every name of the staff so sorry for that

and what is best if you would choose with these items, Flame/Ice/or lightning
    well ty in advance

ILIKEPIE

I have no knowledge of logos' prices, or what kind of competition you have in adream. Im from ares and basing it on my experiences in ares DCZ.

I think for mage you have to build around whatever dd hat you can get your hands on. The crimson dd hat would be logical since you say the paper hat is too expensive. So going crimson would be the best choice. To be completely honest, I would concentrate on being more of a support mage if you don't have better items. Personally, I don't think you have enough power to really do damage with fire, especially with a scorching or an elixir+7. Ive never had flame rings before, so I could be wrong about this, depending on what kinda dmg increase they would give you. Light/Ice or Ice/Light would prolly be the best choice.

For your gear, everything would be pretty decent. If you do end up up going ice or light, Id ditch the imirs/shios and get rols or even roms and try to get some better gear. I have no idea about prices in logos, but I would try and get a skeleton belt or at the least a bronze belt with the extra cash from switching rings. Kekuri belt is decent, but weapon defense is key in pvp. For earrings, Id say go with whatever is the cheapest between me+1 or ce+0. The difference is minimal (like 6ac and like 40ish hp compared between dual of each). For staffs Id go Chaotic or Oasis just for the dd and the hp boost, especially with only a 15 or 17 dd hat.

So my ideal build would be:

Crimson +7/15dd hat
    Crimson +7/15 hp set

Chaotic+7/Oasis+7

Skele Belt/Bronze Belt
    RoM
    RoM
    EP+0/+1
    CE+0/ME+1/WSE+0 (worry about earrings last)
    CE+0/ME+1/WSE+0

Banned Senior Member

I have no knowledge of logos' prices, or what kind of competition you have in adream. Im from ares and basing it on my experiences in ares DCZ.

I think for mage you have to build around whatever dd hat you can get your hands on. The crimson dd hat would be logical since you say the paper hat is too expensive. So going crimson would be the best choice. To be completely honest, I would concentrate on being more of a support mage if you don't have better items. Personally, I don't think you have enough power to really do damage with fire, especially with a scorching or an elixir+7. Ive never had flame rings before, so I could be wrong about this, depending on what kinda dmg increase they would give you. Light/Ice or Ice/Light would prolly be the best choice.

For your gear, everything would be pretty decent. If you do end up up going ice or light, Id ditch the imirs/shios and get rols or even roms and try to get some better gear. I have no idea about prices in logos, but I would try and get a skeleton belt or at the least a bronze belt with the extra cash from switching rings. Kekuri belt is decent, but weapon defense is key in pvp. For earrings, Id say go with whatever is the cheapest between me+1 or ce+0. The difference is minimal (like 6ac and like 40ish hp compared between dual of each). For staffs Id go Chaotic or Oasis just for the dd and the hp boost, especially with only a 15 or 17 dd hat.

So my ideal build would be:

Crimson +7/15dd hat
    Crimson +7/15 hp set

Chaotic+7/Oasis+7

Skele Belt/Bronze Belt
    RoM
    RoM
    EP+0/+1
    CE+0/ME+1/WSE+0 (worry about earrings last)
    CE+0/ME+1/WSE+0[/b]
    i've thought about ice mage, but then i cant to anything without a party, and thats kinda lame, and the Frozen blade would not hit hard

ILIKEPIE

There was a dcz mage in ares when I use to play that had a garp+8 that did pretty good, he had awesome gear though (iron set, rols etc.) but even as fire mage it would be hard for you to solo with the gear you're considering.

Can't go wrong with lightning tho. Light mage for life

Banned Senior Member

well, i think ice is more fun in party imo , cause you slow them alot longer then you stun them and in party the rogues (you atk) dont have time to cure, so he is as good as dead

i've thought about ice mage, but then i cant to anything without a party, and thats kinda lame, and the Frozen blade would not hit hard[/b]
    just get an oasis staff +7 to use, then get dual shios... maybe go +1 with the shios.

u'd hit pretty decent damage... good enough to get a few kills here and there... my friend was an attacking ice mage, and he was able to constantly blade 400-450 damage..... he had +2 shios and oasis +8 though, so maybe you'd be able to do something like 300-350 damage, which isnt bad, since u can spam blade so fast.......

Go +7 crimson dd helmet with +7 crimson gloves/boots, and crystal +8 pauldron and pads if u want more stats into MP for damage... if u want to tank better, then just use full +7 crimsons

and like pie said, with ur gears any kinda mage wouldnt be good for soloing.... mage solo isnt the best unless ur gears are pretty darn good....

Banned Senior Member

just get an oasis staff +7 to use, then get dual shios... maybe go +1 with the shios.

u'd hit pretty decent damage... good enough to get a few kills here and there... my friend was an attacking ice mage, and he was able to constantly blade 400-450 damage..... he had +2 shios and oasis +8 though, so maybe you'd be able to do something like 300-350 damage, which isnt bad, since u can spam blade so fast.......

Go +7 crimson dd helmet with +7 crimson gloves/boots, and crystal +8 pauldron and pads if u want more stats into MP for damage... if u want to tank better, then just use full +7 crimsons
    and like pie said, with ur gears any kinda mage wouldnt be good for soloing.... mage solo isnt the best unless ur gears are pretty darn good....[/b]
    well atm the prices are so high (shio+0 = 400m)
    before it was like 200m, and then i would have bought +1 shios, but nowadays i cant that, and have no idea what a oasis +8 is worth

but ty for your help guys