Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Detailed Mage guide

This is a discussion on Detailed Mage guide within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Sha26wn (Ares Server) Detailed Mage Guide There are very few mage guides out there, and most are very out dated. ...
Page: 1

Sha26wn (Ares Server) Detailed Mage Guide

There are very few mage guides out there, and most are very out dated. Here is my mage guide for the most popular builds, pk, lvling, etc.

[b]Level 80 Skills:

Igzination: This is the 1st of 2 fire skills you get at 80. It does incredible damage. It is a single target skill not an aoe. The best thing about this skill is its range. It is incredible how far someone can be away from you and you can still hit them.

Vampiric Fire: This is the second skill and one of my favorites. It almost makes any vs. unfair. It drains 3,000 mana from someone and adds that 1,500 to your hp. If you do this twice in a fight with your instantly magic skill you can beat baba’d lvl 80 warriors or sins.

Freezing Distance: Most people in-game just refer to it as “80 ice”. This skill can mean the difference between your party being able to take on 1 party or 3. You freeze your enemy similar to stun except they blink as if they have entered a new zone. You cannot hit them, they cannot town or be tp’d away. If you are fighting a party with 2 or more priests you can freeze 2 of them and goodbye party. The time they are frozen seems to depend sometimes its longer than others. Also it can fail but not to often. It seems to fail on mages and bp’s more often. I doesn’t fail to often on warriors or int priests.

Blink: This is the lightning level 80 skill. This allows you to teleport your self across the map in the direction you are facing. This skill is great for getting into the opposing nations castle in invasion. It is also good to get out of a tough situation in normal pk. It is helpful to use in Bifrost to get your party to Greeds first. Again you can use instantly magic with it and tp twice.

Well that’s it folks, I hope it is helpful to someone and I know it was long but the mage is a very complex character. Feel free to add your comments or disagree with anything. I know some people will have different opinions as far as what jewelry is better when and why, and that’s fine. Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to that sort of thing.

On a side note can someone maybe help me post this on the ko forum. I cant seem to post it. Not sure why. Thnx.

Arktic

beastly guide man

read some parts of it.

LIKED: Detailed description of support lr mage. You and me play in the same boat. gg

DISLIKED: I would disagree and say that the higher + the BF rings are, the higher the stun/slow rate. I don't know how you've 'tested' that specifically, but in my experience, dual +2's have to be more successful than dual 0's.

maybe say something about using the personal POLE instead of a ss? I dont have 51 pts into str, and I prefer a pole6 over a ss0 anyday. Either way, 51 OBVIOUSLY for cs, but the pole is the most unique mage item in the game.

dont get me wrong,great guide!

Speed_King

Nice guide!

I know it's hard to write a guide of this kind for the simple fact that if it aims to cover a whole class and at all levels then the experienced as well as the unexperienced should be able to gain something from it. Many mage questions on the official forum are about aoes/dots, something the experienced player surely knows all about. You don't include stuff about how to cast spells and how to behave in, say, a harpy or EW party and I surely understand why: It is boring to write about it (and K2's guides just suck so the unexperienced can't rely on them). What I am driving at here is perhaps the idea that your guide is mainly for the experienced or the semi-experienced. I think that is perfectly fine. Yet, if you want it to be a full guide you might want to add some 'newbie' stuff as well.

A big plus to the language. Too many guides are good in spirit but incomprehensible because you literally can't read them.

Here are some formulations that I just love:
    "Always be casting something". I don't know why really, but I just love that phrase!
    "When you are in trouble don’t just pot, drop thorn on someone, anyone." Wicked! (Thorn is very useful indeed.)

Well, I think this should be stickied (spelling?) right away and I hope you add more stuff to it as well.

One thing I am wondering about (I never got to try it out because I quit my mage ages ago) is the pro/cons of IN vs EP. Seems to be a big question for priests as well and perhaps other classes too. Did anyone ever make a thorough test here?

Good job mate!

Cheers

Imhotep

Vapiric fire drains 3000 mana and gives 1500 hp just to correct you otherwise, nice guide !

Vapiric fire drains 3000 mana and gives 1500 hp just to correct you otherwise, nice guide ![/b]
    Your right, not sure how I typed that. I think I just wanted to finish it lol....Fixed

and thank you all for your comments.

Brun

great guide i didnt see any errors =P

mrmime

Nice guide. The only things I dont like is when you talk about lvl 80's and about crazy stuff like EP+3 and staffs +8 that you can't get on all servers or without USD.

Good explanations of mage builds ^_^

Good job Sha, good job, many ppl can become better with this

Nice guide. Read almost everything I just learnt more about tping :Sty

why is ice not in te " damage " thing ( 160int ) ? :huh: imo ice can be just as good in dealing damage as lightning or fire.

"Most would agree that if you can reach 3,000 HP unbuffed you can then put the rest into MP, and do very well with this build."

That counts for ice mage aswell i tink :P

i have 3200+-HP at lvl 74 unbuffed, will be 3300+ when i get 75. I have 211MP and 55HP and putting in HP now each lvl i gain.

So i deal very nice damages and i am a good support

O and i would say LKP > SSE ( LKP minimum+1) just because of its resistances. And u can get 2 LKP+0 for 1 SSE+0, so saves money

But very nice guide

why is ice not in te " damage " thing ( 160int ) ? :huh: imo ice can be just as good in dealing damage as lightning or fire.

"Most would agree that if you can reach 3,000 HP unbuffed you can then put the rest into MP, and do very well with this build."

i have 3200+-HP at lvl 74 unbuffed, will be 3300+ when i get 75. I have 211MP and 55HP and putting in HP now each lvl i gain.

O and i would say LKP > SSE ( LKP minimum+1) just because of its resistances. And u can get 2 LKP+0 for 1 SSE+0, so saves money

But very nice guide [/b]
    Thank you for your comments. To answer your question in regard to Ice "damage" builds. Yes they can be just as effective. I certainly didn't list every possible build. I tried to post the most common however.

As far as earrings go, I posted just my prefference. At 80 in Ares I prefer the AC and HP gain from the SSE. I would say you have alot of choices with earrings, and depending what you are lacking (ex. AC/HP/Res) you need to pick whats best for you and your server. Its all a balance game.

wow shawn awesome guide

make me miss my mage =(

Thank you for your comments. To answer your question in regard to Ice "damage" builds. Yes they can be just as effective. I certainly didn't list every possible build. I tried to post the most common however.

As far as earrings go, I posted just my prefference. At 80 in Ares I prefer the AC and HP gain from the SSE. I would say you have alot of choices with earrings, and depending what you are lacking (ex. AC/HP/Res) you need to pick whats best for you and your server. Its all a balance game.[/b]
    yea i lacked in resistances thats why i prefere these LKP :P

and ofc you cant post every build cause there are so many possibilities

cya

But very nice guide [/b]

No use in that build really. As ice support mage your primary objectif is to stay alive and support your party members doing the same. Slowing/ice cubing should be enough... most partys have 10k partyheal anyways so... doing 400 or 700 damage with meteor makes no difference in party vs party. Also in vs a fire mage or light mage will beat an ice mage with your built easyly, regardless if he's lvl 72 or 80. (ofc lvl 5 will lose duh )

Imo if you want damage you go full fire mp mage or full ice mp mage (which is near your stats you have now for your lvl), something in between will make u "sucky" at 2 things. "most " Mp mages die fast... but they hit VERY hard. And "most" Support mages hit low but SURVIVE VERY LONG. Mp support mages do "decent/ still low imo" damage and drop pretty fast.

And yea, ur such a good support mage that i can drop your hp by 4K in 4 hits. And your damage is so good that my hp doesn't move and you have to run in vs
    Might sound harsch but just my 2 cents.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast