Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Detailed Mage guide

This is a discussion on Detailed Mage guide within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; On a side note can someone maybe help me post this on the ko forum. I cant seem to post ...
Page: 2

On a side note can someone maybe help me post this on the ko forum. I cant seem to post it. Not sure why. Thnx.[/b]
    Posted. KOL forums block posts that are too long for some reason, but there are ways around it.

No use in that build really. As ice support mage your primary objectif is to stay alive and support your party members doing the same. Slowing/ice cubing should be enough... most partys have 10k partyheal anyways so... doing 400 or 700 damage with meteor makes no difference in party vs party. Also in vs a fire mage or light mage will beat an ice mage with your built easyly, regardless if he's lvl 72 or 80. (ofc lvl 5 will lose duh )

Imo if you want damage you go full fire mp mage or full ice mp mage (which is near your stats you have now for your lvl), something in between will make u "sucky" at 2 things. "most " Mp mages die fast... but they hit VERY hard. And "most" Support mages hit low but SURVIVE VERY LONG. Mp support mages do "decent/ still low imo" damage and drop pretty fast.

And yea, ur such a good support mage that i can drop your hp by 4K in 4 hits. And your damage is so good that my hp doesn't move and you have to run in vs
    Might sound harsch but just my 2 cents.[/b]
    yea , but u are a mage apart and i bet u hit every mage 1k+ with your 80skill / /storm / nova / 70skill, and when i am 75 lets do vs again...i know i will lose cause u'r 80 fire mage, but i bet ill still move your hp and btw i have won from 77mages already ( fire / light and ice even tho i am just 74 atm )

I just think full support is to boring cause i like to vs from time to time and do nice damage...And i dont like full MP cause thats not effective on ice , and i like ice mage the most

btw, 5400hp+- ( 2k buff ), 1025AC ( 350 ac + ac sc thingy ) and 650damage with ice staff ( from what i see on my screen ) on most people... i dont think anyone can say this is bad...

Ultra_mage_Jano

Very nice build, but a few comments =)

Rings “any support build”: ROL > ROM > ROC
    [/b]
    Light Rings of Life can be good too, less ac, but more resistances. All around balancing :P

Shields: Every mage should at least have 51 stats into STR regardless of your build or level. With 51 points into STR you can wear a Scorpion Shield +0 or a Chitin Shield +0. This can be a real life saver and allow you to tank several players. Currently I am stated to 90 STR. I would recommend this to any mage playing support. 90 STR allows you to wear a Dread Shield at any +. Currently I am using a +5 and my AC scrolled is 1470, while still having 6,000 HP also scrolled. With a +7 or 8 my AC would be well over 1500. At first I was skeptical that the amount of stat points in STR would not make it worth it, I now stand corrected. It is very much worth the loss of some HP.[/b]
    I am support mage, with Personal Pole. I find it much better as SS+0 (no coins for CS+0 ) so no need 51 STR. So not all mages need 51 STR, it all depends on your build and if u still have your Personal Pole or not.

And why didn't u say something about Wreath Of Erenion in ur 112/116 fire builds?

Very nice build, but a few comments =)

Light Rings of Life can be good too, less ac, but more resistances. All around balancing :P
    I am support mage, with Personal Pole. I find it much better as SS+0 (no coins for CS+0 ) so no need 51 STR. So not all mages need 51 STR, it all depends on your build and if u still have your Personal Pole or not.

And why didn't u say something about Wreath Of Erenion in ur 112/116 fire builds?[/b]
    Thnx for your comments.

I still think a mage should put 1 point in str for a CS. I understand your point about the personal. I however have never owned one and therefore wasnt going to post about something I have no personal experience with.

I posted only the preffered staff for each build. Thats why you dont see the WOE. The Scorching Staff at the same + hits much harder.

Ultra_mage_Jano

I posted only the preffered staff for each build. Thats why you dont see the WOE. The Scorching Staff at the same + hits much harder.[/b]
    Well, I think that's personal too, or depending on the situation. I believe, because of the higher elemental damage, that WOE is better for NT and far attacks, and scorching better for fire staff or something, but didn't test them yet. That's what I've heard :P

Not bad guide, altho I think parts may be copy and pasted as it looks familar and I'm sure I've seen this before.

Not bad guide, altho I think parts may be copy and pasted as it looks familar and I'm sure I've seen this before.[/b]
    You know what.....screw you. If you feel something was copied or pasted you need to show people from where. I can tell you that I wrote this in its entirety word for word.

If you did kudos to you. I didn't say you did copy and pasted I merely posted I think it is because it looks familiar. It's a possibility I may have seen another guide written on this site which was similar. Doesn't really bother me if it is or not to be honest.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Sry but if this ever gets stickyd here, ill quit ko4life.

Truth is, its an ok guide with couple of mistakes for a newb player who knows shit about the game. Its gg to post it in offical forums. Thats about it.

Again, dont wanna sound harsh but its not epic guide of mega destruction.

Pr0 ppl learn things on their on not read some cheesy (dont mean this, just in general) guides and howto's

Truth is, its an ok guide with couple of mistakes for a newb player who knows shit about the game. Its gg to post it in offical forums. Thats about it.

Pr0 ppl learn things on their on not read some cheesy (dont mean this, just in general) guides and howto's[/b]
    thats it now, don't hold back :lol: :wub:

Truth is, its an ok guide with couple of mistakes for a newb player who knows shit about the game.[/b]
    Oh no :angry: did I hurt your feeling because someone else doesnt agree with you about your precious light mage. Im so hurt.

You know what if you feel something in the guide was incorrect feel free to post your opinion. I will however agree with you that people should learn things on thier own vs. reading a guide. You know what though some people do enjoy reading a little bit about a character before choosing one etc. There was 1 mage guide that I knew of prior to this and thats Kalias's guide, which was grossly out dated.

Also before you call someone a noob or say they know shit about the game, you may not want to throw stones in glass houses. You havent played this game in how long? Yet you still troll these forums telling people they are noobs or dont know what they are talking about. This is a very different game today compared to years ago.

Oh one more thing Go fuck yourself with your "I know more about this game than anyone" attitude. BB

Imhotep

Pr0 ppl learn things on their on not read some cheesy (dont mean this, just in general) guides and howto's[/b]
    Who let you out of your cave? Go back to it, no-one cares what you have to say.

Who let you out of your cave? Go back to it, no-one cares what you have to say.[/b]
    lmao i was going to say the same :lol:

lets get this sticked so he quits ko4life for good.

I do - I like Magyk and Cama

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Oh no :angry: did I hurt your feeling because someone else doesnt agree with you about your precious light mage. Im so hurt.

You know what if you feel something in the guide was incorrect feel free to post your opinion. I will however agree with you that people should learn things on thier own vs. reading a guide. You know what though some people do enjoy reading a little bit about a character before choosing one etc. There was 1 mage guide that I knew of prior to this and thats Kalias's guide, which was grossly out dated.

Also before you call someone a noob or say they know shit about the game, you may not want to throw stones in glass houses. You havent played this game in how long? Yet you still troll these forums telling people they are noobs or dont know what they are talking about. This is a very different game today compared to years ago.
    Oh one more thing Go fuck yourself with your "I know more about this game than anyone" attitude. BB[/b]
    Easy there kiddo. Yesyes get all personal now coz ur lill pussy cant stand a little criticisim. I said its a overall good to start from the scratch. Imagine a butthurted pve wow carebear gets banned from wow and comes here (like thats ever gona happen) and wants to start a mage, that guide is for him. However, coz there are mistakes and overall misinterpetaions, its just not for advanced players. Besides, like ko takes that much skills anyway.

A tip for next guide makers, dont post so much subjective info, may lead to this.

Who let you out of your cave? Go back to it, no-one cares what you have to say.[/b]
    Who removed ur butt plaster? Call all ur (ex)clannies to spam here now kk?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast