Dlw fire mage

This is a discussion on Dlw fire mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; So im lvling a dlw fire mage. Atm i have linen set +8, dual flame ring +0, scorching +7, dd25 ...
Page: 1

So im lvling a dlw fire mage. Atm i have linen set +8, dual flame ring +0, scorching +7, dd25 and some spear defence and a cs +0
    To trade i have a rogue fp dd 25 and 13 gb. Server is Ares.
    My question is what uniques should i get. Originally i was thinking Glass belt +0 and ep, but since every1 want alot for glass belt i dono.
    was thinking to get sos +0 and ep +0 and some be's.
    Advice pls, what should i get

ILIKEPIE

The 13 gb can get you a skele belt+0, only wep defenses you really need plus the glacier bonus is often underrated. I dont know exact price on the fp dd, but I know it's not in merchant, so at the least its 10-11gbs you can use on ep (500-550m). Depending on what you have left, cleric earrrings are a good choice since your resist's will be kinda low, or wse's are a good 2nd option and cheaper too ( I saw some for 200m each last night).

Another thing to consider, I dont know if you have the linen or the hard leather dd hat, but if you had the linen +6/25 cap, you could always sell that and downgrade(although its not much of one) and get a little extra spending money from that. The int requirement on the hard leather dd hat is 116, only 4 more required than the scorching, and with the extra cash you can get hard leather gloves and boots that you're now able to wear, which give an extra 22ac from g2 gloves and boots.

Banned Senior Member

Yeah get a Skele belt, but never Sos imo sos sucks for mage...
    and as earrings get Cleric earring and not WSE in that case Agate earrings is better...
    and ofc EP, if you dont afford earrings after EP and Skele, use quest earrings they are kinda ok till you have money for better ones

ILIKEPIE

Why would you choose an agate earring over an white silver? MP bonus doesn't work in pvp...

Banned Senior Member

Why would you choose an agate earring over an white silver? MP bonus doesn't work in pvp...[/b]
    oh sorry i forgot, yeah in that case Cleric or WSE

So im lvling a dlw fire mage. Atm i have linen set +8, dual flame ring +0, scorching +7, dd25 and some spear defence and a cs +0
    To trade i have a rogue fp dd 25 and 13 gb. Server is Ares.
    My question is what uniques should i get. Originally i was thinking Glass belt +0 and ep, but since every1 want alot for glass belt i dono.
    was thinking to get sos +0 and ep +0 and some be's.
    Advice pls, what should i get[/b]
    Hmmm the rogue FP DD 25 will get u quite a lot of money........ ehhh u shuld be able to get a glass or skele belt after selling ur FP DD, then spend some money on getting WSE or CE . And yeah sos really sux, its supposedly for warriors even though its not that good, and DEFINATELY not worth it for mages.

Get:

CE/WSE +0/1
    EP +0/1
    Glass belt/skele belt

and spare money = work on rings to +1 or a higher rebirth staff

Hmmm the rogue FP DD 25 will get u quite a lot of money........ ehhh u shuld be able to get a glass or skele belt after selling ur FP DD, then spend some money on getting WSE or CE . And yeah sos really sux, its supposedly for warriors even though its not that good, and DEFINATELY not worth it for mages.

Get:

CE/WSE +0/1
    EP +0/1
    Glass belt/skele belt

and spare money = work on rings to +1 or a higher rebirth staff[/b]

Sos +0 maybe suck a bit.. But damn sos+1(same price as skele+0) or higher IS VERY nice for warrior.... For me on warrior +9 hp and str means alot more then losing a small bit of the weapon def/ac...

But ya it would be lame for mage, get skele.. Glass is better but for the price(on your budget) it's not even close to worth getting... Btw paper on Ares with your limited uniques is probably a bad idea...

If you stay with your current build I would go for skele+ep+1 and use quest earrings unless you have some money left over.. Then go for WSE, unless u can afford cleric earrings, unless you can afford SSE's.

ILIKEPIE

You would think this type of build would be a bad idea on ares, but it actually is pretty effective. I know with 116int, rest mp and rols, I was blading 280-340 with blade, and hitting in the high 600s with thorn and pillar. With fr's, the dmg will be alot higher. You wont be able to survive gangbangs, but then again, I dont think you ever could as a mage no matter the build. There are a fair amount of high geared sins, but thats what dd talias were made for

RE5PECTmf

Like I already said to u via msn , 3rd grade over linen ftw ... 48 def > 12 mp points ... u wont see much difference , but def is always welcome . For uniques .. as u'll have low ressistance .. go for glass , and dual CE ( screw wse and BE ) , 20 ressistance > 10 def comparing to wse . For pendant ep all the way , higher the better ... since u have dd 25 , sins wont be problem much .. now go own my b1atch =)

bought ep +0, 8 gb and fp dd left. ill try to sell the fp dd for gb, buy dual rol's and trade for glass belt, and see what coins i have then. if not ill go for ske ce and be+1 maybe. ty all

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

u don't got lots of money so just get a skelly belt +0, dual CEs +0, and EP +0 and there ya go .