Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dlw Mage, Staff and armor question

This is a discussion on Dlw Mage, Staff and armor question within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Okay so i decided that i wana make a dlw mage, and this is how i plan on gearing him ...
Page: 1

Studdmiffin

Okay so i decided that i wana make a dlw mage, and this is how i plan on gearing him let me know what you think is best for a dlw mage build.

Scorching Staff +7 or +8 (DD is why i chose this staff)
    G2 Mage Hat
    G2 Mage Robe
    G2 Mage Pants
    G3 Mage Gloves
    G3 Mage Boots

So basically as you can see is a Mixture of g2 and g3, basically im building around the staff. And im not sure yet what im doing for earrings and neck and belt etc. I think im guna try and get dual Flame Rings.

So Share your ideas with me please, Is this a good idea or am i better off doing it some other way. Should I Get a Different staff?

Go light.

RE5PECTmf

Well if I was you .. I would try different build for dcz ..
    Get G3 full set ... u will lose 14 points comparing to build that u r mentioning atm , but u will gain 46 more def .
    Staff choice is good .
    Flame rings are must ,and try to get +1 , cause if u dont have them at all , being fire is useless .
    Neck should be either EP+1/2 , but IN should be better if u have lot of melees on ur server ( I would still go for Ep cause class which should bother u most are rogues .. and dd from staff is helpfull ) .
    For belt i would recommend glass cause ur mana would not be high with build u just said , and 50 hp is always useful. But if u have problem with lot of melees , then 20 def of IB > glass .
    I think SSE is kinda useless at that lvl cause u dont get enough hp comparing to We or Ce+1 .. So I would stick to ressistance earrings . Some ppl say that u blade harder with We's cause of str bonus , but maybe ur R dmg will be a bit higher ... so for me .. that doesn't make much difference .
    I would go for dual CE+1. Ur def should be decent , hp will be good ... ressist's wont be bad , and u will still do high dmg .
    And one other thing ... DD 25 is a must xD W/O it .. no use being other build than 160 int (aka crimson ) .

StoneColdAngel

You would need really nice jewels to this build. Like IN / GB / FR's +1 and CE +1 to surive atleast 3 ppl. But imo you should go for more def aka Crimson+8 build. You'll still hit hard enough and you would stay alive long enough to dmg some1. Your semi paper build you would die before you cold seriously hurt some1.

Studdmiffin

This all makes pretty good sense, Right now i only have about 40gbs to spend So im kind of looking for the best build for that amount. cause i wana start to get some pk in.

So i dont know what the best idea/build is for that amount, keep in mind i can make my own +8 gear for g2 g3 and maybe some g4 but i dont wana to try and make some +8 crimson untill i have my mage gear'd rather well

I think that the staff and FR+1 are the most important thing to get first, i might have to babashop some FR+2 or something cause i know there a hell of alot of money, the other stuff i can probably manage getting within the next month. EP+1 and Ce+1 Wont be easy but its doable.

Im on ares btw SO Lots of rogues for the most part, DD Is a must FOR SURE!!!

-Thanks for the replies

RE5PECTmf

Grade 3 armors are like 75m per piece .. so that would make around 350m for a set .
    Scorching +7 is 8gb
    Ce's +1 are like 11-12gb
    Glass is like 25+ , IB is 30-35 i think
    EP+1 is 16-17 , but if u can use real money .. then get Ep+2 or In .. depends how much r u ready to spend.
    Fr's i would suggest u to babashop if u already have possibility for that .
    Grade 2/3 defence armors are easy to find .. DD 25 is around 4gb i think atm (116 int) .

This all makes pretty good sense, Right now i only have about 40gbs to spend So im kind of looking for the best build for that amount. cause i wana start to get some pk in.

So i dont know what the best idea/build is for that amount, keep in mind i can make my own +8 gear for g2 g3 and maybe some g4 but i dont wana to try and make some +8 crimson untill i have my mage gear'd rather well
    I think that the staff and FR+1 are the most important thing to get first, i might have to babashop some FR+2 or something cause i know there a hell of alot of money, the other stuff i can probably manage getting within the next month. EP+1 and Ce+1 Wont be easy but its doable.

Im on ares btw SO Lots of rogues for the most part, DD Is a must FOR SURE!!!

-Thanks for the replies[/b]
    i suggest crystal for your budget. and as for elemental, i suggest either lightning or ice, since fire isnt that great for ardream build unless u are totally decked out.

Crystal +8 set
    Crystal +6/25 DD helmet
    Garp/Oasis/Elysium/Chaotic +7
    Shio +1/2, Imir +1/2
    Elemental pendant
    Kekuri belt (or bronze belt if u have spare cash)
    Cleric earring, WSE, AE

Taeho

i suggest crystal for your budget. and as for elemental, i suggest either lightning or ice, since fire isnt that great for ardream build unless u are totally decked out.

Crystal +8 set
    Crystal +6/25 DD helmet
    Garp/Oasis/Elysium/Chaotic +7
    Shio +1/2, Imir +1/2
    Elemental pendant
    Kekuri belt (or bronze belt if u have spare cash)
    Cleric earring, WSE, AE[/b]
    Must say i agree alot with Akutee, but are you going to solo pk alot or in random parties? Or do you have a good DCZ clan that you pk with?
    A Strong ice mage is lovely to pk with and a huge pain in the ass to fight, damage is medicore unless you can go +3 shios and garp +8 wich would do about 420 damage as crystal build.
    Fire is a good KS build and it works fine to finnish off people with high DD that your party is figthing but i would not suggest going g3/g2 build with Scorching unless you have 45DD+ just due to the fact that you will die way to fast if you get duffed.
    Personally i always found crystal build to be the best option since i'm a damage whore when it comes to mages and i've been thinking of g3/g2 build with a scorching but from experience it's not worth it to sacrifice that much defence cause it will be vital when it comes to tanking people duffed.

Studdmiffin

Hmm, Alright

So I should be going Ice mage, With Crystal +8 and What staff is Best for that build?

Right now i just have a Sally +3 rb and full crystal +8 and quest jewls so i can go to war and such, i mostly just aoe for the time being as a fire mage. gets me a few kills here and there.

I Do plan on baba shopping, just depends if i wana stay mage or go back to a warrior. Still undecided atm. Its hard to go from a Mellee to a Ranged i find my self way to close to everone way too much lol

Taeho

I Would go with a garp +7/+8 or possibly a Oasis +8 as crystal build. It's great for party PK and with a good + on the shios you will do nice damage.
    On Dies you can almost get 2x shio+3 for the price of 1x FR+3 so if you are going to babashop Ice will make it much cheaper.

Studdmiffin

Alright, YEah i guess i will like to have the cheaper of the two xD.

So whats the pros and cons or the Garp +7/+8 over the oasis +8 ?

Cause Oasis has DD dosent it, And i know on Ares, When i get killed its almost always from a rogue.

Alright, YEah i guess i will like to have the cheaper of the two xD.

So whats the pros and cons or the Garp +7/+8 over the oasis +8 ?

Cause Oasis has DD dosent it, And i know on Ares, When i get killed its almost always from a rogue.[/b]
    garp = more damage.
    oasis is good but is just a support staff for the most part.

Hmm, Alright

So I should be going Ice mage, With Crystal +8 and What staff is Best for that build?

Right now i just have a Sally +3 rb and full crystal +8 and quest jewls so i can go to war and such, i mostly just aoe for the time being as a fire mage. gets me a few kills here and there.

I Do plan on baba shopping, just depends if i wana stay mage or go back to a warrior. Still undecided atm. Its hard to go from a Mellee to a Ranged i find my self way to close to everone way too much lol[/b]
    A Garp +7 or higher , or an oasis staff +3 rebirth or higher would be a good choice.

100% agree with taeho ^^

garp = more damage.
    oasis is good but is just a support staff for the most part.[/b]
    Oasis is more than just a support staff :P it has higher AP than elixir, same elemental, but requires even less stats than a garp of the same +. It's an awesome staff to have once its above +3 rebirth, and its what i call an "in between staff" its not 100% attack staff like a garp, and its not 100% defensive like a glacier erenion. Its good staff if you want to be good at both supporting & attacking :P

Studdmiffin

Hmm, I agree with everything, i guess staff is just personal preferance then, casue if i looked at both i would use oasis +8 just because of DD. Or would a DD helm be good enough and have more dmg with the garp?

Taeho

Hmm, I agree with everything, i guess staff is just personal preferance then, casue if i looked at both i would use oasis +8 just because of DD. Or would a DD helm be good enough and have more dmg with the garp?[/b]
    When i had garp+8 i did about 40 more damage then with a Oasis +7(Staff dmg) so the damage loss with a +8 will be small.
    Since you said that you die to rogues most of the time it's pretty obvious that you will have to stock up on DD, the more you get the better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast