Dread Shield+8 vs Chitin Shield+7 RLB

This is a discussion on Dread Shield+8 vs Chitin Shield+7 RLB within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Which shield would be better in rlb for int priest and WHY? Server is Cwest. Base ac with chitin shield ...
Page: 1

Default Dread Shield+8 vs Chitin Shield+7 RLB

Which shield would be better in rlb for int priest and WHY? Server is Cwest. Base ac with chitin shield seems to be damn low (1k for me) and with Ds+8 it's like +200 more. No dagger defense and much weaker ac probably would make it wayy too easy to kill me for assasins and ESPECIALLY for archers. But these are just my prejudices. What do you think? I want especially answers from ppl who uses/had used cs+7 before.

raynerzed

Well you need to have both to be really honest about it. Here are the reasons why:

1. In real PK you need to switch armors and shields to match what your enemy class is and what weapon he is carrying. e.g. If assassin you need to switch to a dd cap and wear the DS for added dagger protection, for full warriors and BP you need to switch to spear def boots and wear CS. To be able to survive you need to be able to adapt to the situation. Since each of those shields has a downside and suits only to a specific class.

2. If you can only afford 1, go for the CS, and get a decent DD cap, preferably +8/17. And just buy 2x rogue defense pathos gloves. And your pretty much assured of tanking BOTH warriors and Rogues

3. If you do choose DS+9, then i suggest you get a full set of defense armors +7 or +8 and buy 1 warrior def pathos and 1 rogue def pathos.

People usually forget that pathos gloves can actually compensate for a weakness against a particular class. =)

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

imo CS for sure, RLB is filled with warriors, and most of the sins in RLB are a joke anyways.

Talia>ac allllll day

I think ull do fine with chitin shield + iron set + dd helmet + rogue def pathos gloves. If ure attacked my archers u can try to switch to DOL, which is cheaper than a dread shield8

So many archers all of sudden in human side. Even with DS+8 archers are pain. Not going to buy shlt like dol+8 since there is always melees with archers.

honestly this shouldnt even be a question, not even in ardream are ds's better than cs's. Rouges cant do shit against a dd helm +iron set, its the baba'd warriors that do all the damage. Imo if i were you i would get a cs and if your already rocking an iron set and a dd helm you should be golden. Nd you shouldnt really be having a problem with archers archers are easy to avoid, by running around objects or other party members. only thing an archer should do to you is styx, he should really never as/ms combo you and like i said if he trys to range just run around shit

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

cs +7 is pro ^^, u can even pk at lvl 59 in rlb w/ a cs haha and u can laugh at the warrior damage 2 u :P

eldragon

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
    cs +7 is pro ^^, u can even pk at lvl 59 in rlb w/ a cs haha and u can laugh at the warrior damage 2 u :P
    for sure u love that :P

I play sin and I love priests who use a CS. I play Diez however, so every priest on the server is automaticly rocking an iron set/dd helmet already. So basicly the CS only makes them weaker to me.

But on diez rlb was mostly sins, the occasional warriors, but they're easier to avoid than sins imo.

In the end it all comes down to your server, because the DS is missing some crucial Club Defense..

So tempted to up my cs now... Lol. might take.him.up to +5 with trinas.

KillerD

+1 for raynerzed

its all up to u if there are alot of warriors around u should go for cs 7 otherwich ds 8

Tones of warriors in Rlb so CS is probly best

cs ofc
    much more warriors then rogues and warriors r baba