Dread shield pwns all?

This is a discussion on Dread shield pwns all? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Ok, wanted to test my 2 shields. Guy was 75+ warr with +8 II I have dread shield +5 325def ...
Page: 1

DeHealer

Ok, wanted to test my 2 shields.
    Guy was 75+ warr with +8 II
    I have dread shield +5 325def 3 HP 5 DD 10 AX SD 20FR 20LR
    And my personal shield is +4 207 deff 4 STR HP DEX INT 29 SWD CD AX SD 8FR GR LR
    All cases were done unbuffed
    With my personal guy was spamming me for 530 AVG
    With my dread, guy was spamming me for 495 AVG
    so 325-207 = 118 deff diference between the 2 shields >> the 29 club deff from my personal? Even tho dread has 0 Club def o_O
    I cant believe it
    Stick with the dread then always?

hmm i tried this with my friend alot lower lvl with a +3 of each shield and seemed to be hit less with my personal shield. interesting..

try making that personal shield a +7 ( or even +8 )

fuk a dread shield when debuffs hit you you lose all that wonderful AC

DeHealer

try making that personal shield a +7 ( or even +8 )
    fuk a dread shield when debuffs hit you you lose all that wonderful AC [/b]
    Yeah, you are right, the weap def of the personal shield will remain even if duffed right?
    Wonder if this 29 weap def + (1-0.2)209(Malice) would be better than 0 def + (1-0.2)325

hnmmmm i remember my friend testing dread 7 and personal 5, and the personal was a bit better

but even if thats the case, the personal rapes when ur duffed, cuz weapon defences cant be duffed/effected, dread is good if a lotta rogues there ^^ (since PS has no DD)

St0neColdKill3r

hnmmmm i remember my friend testing dread 7 and personal 5, and the personal was a bit better

but even if thats the case, the personal rapes when ur duffed, cuz weapon defences cant be duffed/effected, dread is good if a lotta rogues there ^^ (since PS has no DD)[/b]
    Dunno if your referring to me or not brotha, but yee thats the exact test i did.

Personal+5 vs Dread Shield+7 and we tried it out with every different weapon for a bp and warrior, so obviously the personal was always better against axes + swords.

It was also always better vs clubs and spears which both shields have. I tested it with about 15 different warriors with lvls ranging 73-80, and most with +8 weapons and a few with +9. The damage was close in some instances but +5 and +7 isn't the same either. Just put on the shield that suites the situation-- if their best hitter is a warrior put personal shield or vice versa. Course just keep your shield on til you subside and then they hit like ardream fleas anyways.

Get a CS and then theres no worries

Dunno if your referring to me or not brotha, but yee thats the exact test i did.

Personal+5 vs Dread Shield+7 and we tried it out with every different weapon for a bp and warrior, so obviously the personal was always better against axes + swords.

It was also always better vs clubs and spears which both shields have. I tested it with about 15 different warriors with lvls ranging 73-80, and most with +8 weapons and a few with +9. The damage was close in some instances but +5 and +7 isn't the same either. Just put on the shield that suites the situation-- if their best hitter is a warrior put personal shield or vice versa. Course just keep your shield on til you subside and then they hit like ardream fleas anyways.

Get a CS and then theres no worries [/b]
    jajajajaja yeah i was referring to you

remember u telling me the difference when u tested with ninares :P