Dual +9s or DV+8 and +9 armor?

This is a discussion on Dual +9s or DV+8 and +9 armor? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Well, This thing has been bothering me for the last like 6months i guess... what would be the best thing ...
Page: 1

Exclamation

Well, This thing has been bothering me for the last like 6months i guess...

what would be the best thing to do if ya had this rogue:

Lvl 76 Assassin in Edana

Wielding: Dual+9 Shards
    Armor: +8 shell/15dex -- dd+7 helmet
    HR+0 (with 9 dex so it looks +1)
    EME+0
    DUAL ROLS+1
    IN+0/PP+2/AOD+2
    IB

For ages I had offers for my shard+9 ofc once even a chitin shield+0 and chitin +9 boots...at that time I was too fascinated with my shards and I didnt take it ofc...d chitin shield would have sold for lots lol

But now some ppl told me to trade one of my +9s for a DV+8 and a +9 armor...I had various offers of this sort....but I was always scared to take the decision....so now I am asking for ur honest opinions abt the topic...what would be the best decision game and money wise?

Apart from that would der b anything u would change from my gear?? I guess some would go for fp+9 for gloves and boots...thing which I might work on...

/Cheers!

Ainelover

shell +9 or chitin +9

usually i get offered chitin....but dv+8 and shell +9 wouldnt be a good offer for the seller...shell+9 cost about the same price as shard +9 sooo...chitin cost around half a shard +9 so that plus DV+8 would be a poor offer...I always asked for two pieces of chitin+9 plus the DV+8 but they always refuse or dnt have!

I would keep the shards and what you already mentioned go for fp boots and gaunts+9 maybe even the helm too.

kishtan

I dont play Edana so I dont know how common +9 shards are, but I cant imagine that they are easy to get so IMO I would keep them. Instead, I would consider selling some of your necklaces first if you need coin. Personally, I would sell your PP+2 and AOD+2 (even would consider selling the IN before selling the shard) and try and get a WP+2 or +3 cuz your resists are pretty low with the items you listed.

Banned for scamming.

keep ur shards, sell PP2 and AOD2 and try to upgrade ur earrings

Arthurios

try to get a wp +3 like someone said before.. so you could sell the pp +2 aod +2 and maybe even the IN.

I wouldnt sell the shards, just invest in your earings because shell set +8 is good enough.

Anal Rapist Senior Member

Yep i wouldnt sell the shards too!! Shell +8 is good imo. What I would do is get fp+9 boots and glove , Sell ur necks and get a wp+3. Then well times bring money, upgrade all ur uniques :P

xstep

dont sell ur shard, keep them, sell pp and aod and work on +1 earring then work on rolls +2 or chitins 9

I dont play Edana so I dont know how common +9 shards are, but I cant imagine that they are easy to get so IMO I would keep them. Instead, I would consider selling some of your necklaces first if you need coin. Personally, I would sell your PP+2 and AOD+2 (even would consider selling the IN before selling the shard) and try and get a WP+2 or +3 cuz your resists are pretty low with the items you listed.[/b]
    Well shard +9 i say there around 20-30 in server so its pretty rarish and there is 1 +10 shard.

Thx all for the WP suggestion....yeah my resistances are very low...ice is a problem and mages are very strong here...I actually have a WP+1 already which I use from time to time.

Its like all are agreeing that i should base my rogue on tank...and not dex beast (which i've been suggested a lot)
    Know it depends on style of playing...but literally no1 goes for a pp+3 in here for example...

I thought dv+8 would increase my attack even more than dual +9 since one of them is offhand and 13 dex bonus effects the whole character when dv is used.

What are your thoughts abt that??

1. Keep the shards
    2. Shells are good enough at +8
    3. Sell PP +2 and AoD +2 (Don't sell IN!)
    4. Sell EME also and buy dual HR's +1 or something
    5. Go PK

kishtan

Well shard +9 i say there around 20-30 in server so its pretty rarish and there is 1 +10 shard.

Thx all for the WP suggestion....yeah my resistances are very low...ice is a problem and mages are very strong here...I actually have a WP+1 already which I use from time to time.

Its like all are agreeing that i should base my rogue on tank...and not dex beast (which i've been suggested a lot)
    Know it depends on style of playing...but literally no1 goes for a pp+3 in here for example...

I thought dv+8 would increase my attack even more than dual +9 since one of them is offhand and 13 dex bonus effects the whole character when dv is used.

What are your thoughts abt that??[/b]
    Your AP will be higher, but how much higher do you really need? Also, I've got a level 76 rogue too and have ran several comparisons tests of dual cleaver +9s versus cleaver +9 and CHD +7 in off hand. Even though the CHD+7 lowered my AP by 56 pts, my average "R" damage and spike damage was slightly higher (probably because of the higher elemental). Although I'm not crazy about the loss in HP, I do like the added club and resist bonuses. You've mentioned that mages hit you hard, so the added resist bonuses of the CHD would definitely help. Others have pointed out that besides a +7 personal dagger, the CHD +8 is the best off hand dagger and based on what I've seen with the CHD+7 I'm starting to agree.

1. keep +9 duals
    2. keep shells +8 get bott and gauntlet fp +9 (or +10 if ur server has these :P)
    3. sell pp+2, IN, AOD+2 and get wp +3
    4. get dual howling +0/+1 or higher
    5. go own