Dual CLV +9 vs CLV +9, CHD+7

This is a discussion on Dual CLV +9 vs CLV +9, CHD+7 within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Below is some test data I had ran awhile ago to test using a CHD+7 versus a Cleaver +9 as ...
Page: 1

kishtan

Below is some test data I had ran awhile ago to test using a CHD+7 versus a Cleaver +9 as an off hand weapon. Even though my AP was reduced by 56 points, the CHD+7 in the off hand overall averaged more damage then the dual cleavers. Although the number of misses with the CHD+7 was 3 compared to only 2 with the cleaver during this test sequence, additional tests indicated that the number of misses averages to be the same. What I found interest about the test was that even with 3 misses, the total damage with the CHD+7 was still higher then the dual cleavers. Overall the dual cleavers had the widest min/max range producing both the highest and lowest damage, but still ended up averaging lower then the CHD+7. Please note that in the data I indicated that the number of misses for the CHD+7 was only 2, but as the data shows it actually missed 3 times

idefix

Wow, that's quite weird. Guess uniques really do hit harder then... The 10 elemental damange shouldn't compensate for the ap loss oO

you only did 10 spikes? i think u need to do atleast 100..

kishtan

you only did 10 spikes? i think u need to do atleast 100..[/b]
    I've actually done a couple hundred. But to record and post all that data is extremely time consuming and ultimately will only confirm the same information that I previously posted. In the end, the dual +9 cleavers will have a wider min/max range, but will still average a little less damage then the CHD+7 in the off hand.

I've actually done a couple hundred. But to record and post all that data is extremely time consuming and ultimately will only confirm the same information that I previously posted. In the end, the dual +9 cleavers will have a wider min/max range, but will still average a little less damage then the CHD+7 in the off hand.[/b]
    sorry, is the averages based on the 10 spikes or from the could of hundred? if the couple hundred then
    if not post average from the couple of hundred :P

not trying to flame you or anything,

but man you've got way too much time on your hands

kishtan

sorry, is the averages based on the 10 spikes or from the could of hundred? if the couple hundred then
    if not post average from the couple of hundred :P[/b]
    Because spike has a 10 sec cooldown, I usually only tested about 10 spikes at a time, so the average posted in the data was for only the ten spikes that I did for that particular test. However, whenever I had a few moments of free time (usually when I first logged on) I would go and wack on the iron scarecrow for awhile and look at the data. Each time, the results were the same with the dual cleavers ending up producing overall less damage over time. Now some may argue too that spike isnt exactly 600% of an R damage, and from what I've seen its usually a bit less. But personally, because of the wider min/max range spike typically produced, I found that the R damage was a better gauge on the average damage then spike was. Plus I could simply do a zr auto attack and roll off a series of r attacks to see without having to wait for a cool down. In the end, I was satisfied enough with the results to sell one of the cleavers which paid for the CHD+7 and then some If others don't believe me, that's fine. They can run their own tests too :P

not trying to flame you or anything,

but man you've got way too much time on your hands[/b]

Why do you think I only did 10 spikes at a time? :lol:

Appreciate the work.

This result is similar to the MS +9 and HB +8 discussion. I've played bp and rogue.

CHD +8 honestly does hit harder than conventional daggers. Probably because of it's elemental I thought, guess not. Looks like it being unique does make a difference.

Same results when I tested MS +9 and HB +8. MS +9 had a higher min and max damage (especially on debuffed targets), but the HB +8 had a constant damage flow around the same number. Additionally the HB +8s elemental helped on high defence targets if they weren't debuffed. I believe you can assume the CHD +8 is somewhat similar to the HB +8 in those aspects.

idefix

Now some may argue too that spike isnt exactly 600% of an R damage, and from what I've seen its usually a bit less.[/b]
    Elemental damage doesn't get multiplied by 6 I think.

Banned Senior Member

but as the data shows it actually missed 3 times[/b]
    or you missed >.<

kishtan

or you missed >.<[/b]
    Miss an iron scarecrow??? :blink:

After playing a sin for 3 years I should hope I can at least hit a stationary target :P

Keep in mind that the misses happened after I pressed z then r (once) to auto attack the scarecrow. During the 42 attacks I did not combo or spam r, but simply sat back and recorded the damage from the hits and misses.

Anyone that has played sin on a private server will probably know this.

7t7t7t

just wow.

It &#39;s nice to underline chd average dmg. I mean both the tests have almst the same total_average_dmg but if you check the n* of hits that are close to the best hit u simply see that chd pwns.

there are 5 hits 3000+ dmg VS just 2 done by dual cleav+9

I mean... 5vs2

I would prefere to do more often and costantly 3000 dmg then hoping to do the best hit 3200.Hit that happends 1/ 10 hits...i mean..just rarely.

That&#39;s why i always preferred enion bow .. lower ap bow but with a better rate for critics.