dual elemental mage?

This is a discussion on dual elemental mage? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; of course all mages have two skills... but i was wondering if anyone ever tried this: say youre a fire/ice ...
Page: 1

of course all mages have two skills...

but i was wondering if anyone ever tried this:

say youre a fire/ice mage with a rons staff +8 / +9 and a fr+3 and shios+3...

would you be able to do effective damage with both staff attacks and aoes?

was thinking it would be pretty neat to go in and slow/stun someone with ice/light staff attack and then finishing them off with a higher damage flame staff attack...not sure if this is feasible though

ImBackFromTheDead

I would think this would be a great build, but I dont think any1 has ever tried it.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

you prolly woudlnt do more damage

dual hb+7 + fr +3 and 2 meteors + nova nova compared to

+3 fr and +3 shio +1 meteors + 1 ice storm + 1 ice nova + one fire nova

the only difference is the extra ice nova damage which the fr+3 would more than make up for it

but to have dual 70+ novas u would give up many usefull things

fire armor and insta magic mathless and the lvl 80 skills

i think i would only use this build if i had

Rons +10 imir ring +3 shio +3

72 into light skill 70 into ice and rest into master which is like 6 points at lvl 83 ofc...

in turn i would give up freezin distance blink ice armor and insta magic...

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

this build tells me u don't know what you want to be... do you want to be a damage dealer? or do u want to be more of a support, slower type? If you have stuff like FR +3, wouldn't u rather buy a staff that goes towards better fire damage like Hell blood +8 or something, then waste it on a crappy staff like rons +9. If u go the hybrid build, remember, u can put only so much skill points... so what's ur build gonna be 72/60/10?... just pointless

Belize

Get a fulitol instead of a crappy rons staff. I myself thought about going 72/60 fire/ice but the 75+ mage skills are too good to lose, maybe at 82 where you can at least get fire armor. If you do decide to go that route get dual fr +3 don't worry about a shio, I do 350-450 dmg with the lvl 42 ice blade with frs +2 so you should be able to still do relatively nice dmg with higher ice skills.

LeBeau

To me this is jsut a waste of potential, why be a hybrid when you can just get full potential of your element and hit as hard as possible, and if anything this build would be useful as light/ice to be able to get full use of icing+stun, but its nothing a normal light mage cant do.

are your fuckin serious about this Rons Staff? That&#39;s THE BIGGEST SHIT I have ever seen... get yourself a quest staff +5 and it&#39;ll be better than rons +8 <_<

it&#39;s not worth going such a build imo... 2 staff attacks won&#39;t help you, u&#39;ll use only flame one and maybe ice one, when some1 is trying to esc... ice blade is enough for this

not worth wasting ignization, armor, instant magic and vampiric fire on this

this build tells me u don&#39;t know what you want to be... do you want to be a damage dealer? or do u want to be more of a support, slower type? If you have stuff like FR +3, wouldn&#39;t u rather buy a staff that goes towards better fire damage like Hell blood +8 or something, then waste it on a crappy staff like rons +9. If u go the hybrid build, remember, u can put only so much skill points... so what&#39;s ur build gonna be 72/60/10?... just pointless[/b]

the question was hypothetical, meant only for discussion

im dcz

are your fuckin serious about this Rons Staff? That&#39;s THE BIGGEST SHIT I have ever seen... get yourself a quest staff +5 and it&#39;ll be better than rons +8 <_<

it&#39;s not worth going such a build imo... 2 staff attacks won&#39;t help you, u&#39;ll use only flame one and maybe ice one, when some1 is trying to esc... ice blade is enough for this

not worth wasting ignization, armor, instant magic and vampiric fire on this[/b]

i totally forgot bout personal stafff..

but i prolly would go dual 70 nova build at lvl 83 and be purelly support just to try it out

72 light 70 ice 5 masters.

it seems like it has some decent potential

lol better go Fulitol +7 60flame 40ice, i hit 450+ with blizzard, but dual FR +3 are better then FR +3 and shio +3. Cuz many times u using Staff skill (72lvl).

btw with 40ice elemental u can slow alot of more then only with 1 elemental staff.

but i prolly would go dual 70 nova build at lvl 83 and be purelly support just to try it out
    72 light 70 ice 5 masters.[/b]
    and I wouldn&#39;t ... sry blink > anything

also add the lightning armor and instant magic - your build sucks badly

and I wouldn&#39;t ... sry blink > anything

also add the lightning armor and instant magic - your build sucks badly[/b]
    i know wat im losing u dont need to remind me of that and i said i would try it out to see how effective it would bee

and blink ainttt shittt against freezing distancee nuffsaidd