Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dual Weild vs Weapon Defense

This is a discussion on Dual Weild vs Weapon Defense within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Anyone have the math to why Dual Weilds get hit with Weapon Defense twice? I would like to know why ...
Page: 1

Anyone have the math to why Dual Weilds get hit with Weapon Defense twice?

I would like to know why and how.

You have a Spear and a Sword as your dual wield. Therefore the spear gets hit by a IB's weapon defence and so does the sword.

Does it effect the final damage twice in the calculation, or is it basicly seperate like attacking twice and putting the damage in one number.

No Weapon Defense
    Spear Damage 350
    Sword Damage 150
    HellBlade Damage 500

With Iron Necklace
    Spear Damage 315 (-10%)
    Sword Damage 135 (-10%)
    HellBlade Damage 450[/b]

That idk.

ZumieZ

im wondering that too, why ppl say twice , it does not make sense for me

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

think about it, if u attack someone with an ib, and u have tota + impact, u have spear AND club weapons, so he get 2x weapon defense

ZumieZ

doesnt a priest with iron set do 20% of ur raptor, and 20% of ur toto and hanguk? or does he '40%' of ur toto + hanguk?
    I think its 20% of toto and 20% of hanguk = 40%/2(cuz this is 200%) = 20% of total amount , raptor is 20% of his total amount too..

Why is it double? its the same..

actually no, a priest with iron set have 20 spear def AND 20 sword def, so u get 20% of the tota dmg and 20% of the hanguk dmg and that doesnt get divided into 2

same for the raptor, 20 def = 20% dmg reduced (or 20% of the ap of the weapon, i dont remember)

Azraim

I dont know how weapons defence really work with dual weild but believe me when i had lugias+graham, my hits were really low on ppl who were wearing personal shield or chitin shield compared to any others weapons

ZumieZ

actually no, a priest with iron set have 20 spear def AND 20 sword def, so u get 20% of the tota dmg and 20% of the hanguk dmg and that doesnt get divided into 2

same for the raptor, 20 def = 20% dmg reduced (or 20% of the ap of the weapon, i dont remember)[/b]
    thats what i said, u get 20% off total of both weapons .. its still the same no?

yes and no,

u get off 20% for each weapon, if u add both u would have 40% in total. thats why dual weilds hit really low on a char with cs

ZumieZ

why count em up? isnt each weapon itself 100%(2weapons = 200%)? thats why i said divide

each weapon is 50% not 100%, otherwise u would be hittin like 2x harder than a 2h weapon lol

each weapon is 50% not 100%, otherwise u would be hittin like 2x harder than a 2h weapon lol[/b]
    Actually, isnt your main hand 100% and your offhand 50%? Like say you have mainhand weapon of 100 ap and offhand of 80 ap, that would come to say 140 ap, hence why dual wielders struggle to get as good ap as a two hander.
    thats what i always thought. Never really dual wielded though. Great question btw got no idea how this works.

well actually is like 75% and 25% ( or in a more exact way 100% and 50%)

u r right, off hand weapons add 50% of their ap to the total ap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast