Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dual Weild vs Weapon Defense

This is a discussion on Dual Weild vs Weapon Defense within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Just tested lugias+7 & hanguk+7 against raptor+7 on warrior have iron set. Damage with dual is: 412, 450, 436, 380, ...
Page: 2

Just tested lugias+7 & hanguk+7 against raptor+7 on warrior have iron set.

Damage with dual is:
    412, 450, 436, 380, 372. Average damage is: 410
    Damage with raptor is:
    457, 396, 407, 433, 466. Average damage is: 432

And did the test with him have personal shield+5 on and iron set on:

Damage with dual is:
    243, 229, 251, 251, 244. Average damage is: 244
    Damage with raptor is:
    289, 271, 289, 277, 276. Average damage is: 280

Only have gain on. So my conclusion is dual hit weaker than 2h against iron set/shield but not ALOT like people think.

what was your ap with both setups.

what was your ap with both setups.[/b]
    Lugias & hanguk+7 ap: 1768
    Raptor+7 ap: 1904

Only gain on

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

Only have gain on. So my conclusion is dual hit weaker than 2h against iron set/shield but not ALOT like people think.[/b]
    personal shield is not like a cs

cant compare 3x weapon defense against 50 weapon defense

elemental damage hits through weapon defense?

Anal Rapist Senior Member

its not high like ppl think, the maths were made to count like a 2hand. Lets say u have 2k ap with dual weild, and 2k ap with a 2hand, u will actually hit the same. Ppl get usely low ap with dual weild cuz weps are +7, a 2hand is 100% : Lets say raptor have 187ap, well to dual weild 112+100=212, actually if we could do maths like this dual would hit more. But maths are 100% for the first hand and 50% for the right hand . So its goes for the same dmg as the rappy. Anyway maybe im not clear cuz english isnt my main language, u can think im bullshiting but a dual weild fan, and thats what i actually think!

srzknight7

Been thinking about this for awhile but just looking at the situation mathematically since its a percentage it doesn't matter if you are using 1 weapon or 2.

For example if you dual wield and your main weapon hits for 200 and off hand hits for 100 (I'm just throwing numbers out there), 20% of 200 is 40, and 20% of 100 is 20. This would be a total damage reduction of 60.

If you are using a 2handed weapon (that hits with the same attack power as the dual wield) you hit for 300 from that one weapon. 20% of 300 is 60.

Mathematically the deduction would be the same because it is a percentage. Problem is you will have higher ap with 2handed, but usually more elemental with dual wield. So in testing it, the damage amounts are going to vary.

If the weapon defenses are based off of percentages only, it wouldn't matter if you use 2handed or dual wield .

Just my 2 cents.

Banned

20% on a 1 handed should be equal to 10% on a 2 handed... % of total DMG/AP. Duals are good,only noobs dosnīt know that <- i think it is so xd

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

do realize, not EVERYONE AND THERE MOM HAS AN IRON SET ~~

personally i like dual wield ,

raptor +7 vs lugias and hanguk will result in less damge because ur AP is less der... lol common sense right there, lower ur ap the less damage ur gonna do...

what u need 2 test is dual weild with same ap vs 2h with same ap

Anal Rapist Senior Member

do realize, not EVERYONE AND THERE MOM HAS AN IRON SET ~~

personally i like dual wield ,

raptor +7 vs lugias and hanguk will result in less damge because ur AP is less der... lol common sense right there, lower ur ap the less damage ur gonna do...

what u need 2 test is dual weild with same ap vs 2h with same ap[/b]
    Totally right !!!!

Saunis

what u need 2 test is dual weild with same ap vs 2h with same ap[/b]
    but that would not tell truth... because of elemental dmg (Or why my hb+7 still hit harder than my II+8)
    so there no "good" way to test dmg... or are there?
    (or how about someone tryes weapons whitout elemental??)

kanya128

Its an interesting question, but I think if its true, that wep defs decrease twice when u use dual weird, then no1 would use duals. Well my opinion, when u pick up a dual, first see your ap with only the spear, then u can see the second weapon increase less then the first. And for another reason if u have X and Y duals with x and y ap, u not loose 20% against 10 wep def, because 0,10*x+0,10*y=0,10*(x+y) I hope im not writing stupid thing Im a bit tired

I would advise you guys to try some PK private server with lvls 80 and +10 items, +3 uniques (IN,IB,ROCs,PEs or WEs)

I spent like 3 hours at arena with my friend (both warriors) trying all combinations of skills/stats/weapons/armors trying to find out which one is best.

The thing I found out really surprised me!

I used those weapons at +10... Raptor,Avedon,Hell Breaker,Personal sword,Lugias+Hanguk and that long spear (cant remember name) + Hanguk

Dual wields always lost against everything else (me or my friend, the one who had them, always lost)... NO it was not caused of bad combo, We are really good at comboing with everything it this game. It was because of low damage dealt to the enemy with dualwields.

I remember some numbers: for example the attack when using Avedon or Hell Breaker was like 4050, while the attack when using dualwields was about 3950. (thats not a big difference!)

I used 80 lvl skills to attack, but the hits on my screen were really different, I have seen Avedon hitting for 580-620 but the dualwields hitted for 500 max, even they had together more elemental damage than Avedon. Also the fight lasted like 20 hits with Avedon, but only at maximum of 2 more with dualwields. So the lost of the damage was like 1k.
    Same story for Raptor,Hell Breaker and Personal sword...

The best weapon of all was Avedon, because it made most R hits (used all 3 combos I know... rr skill was best)

So I wouldn&#39;t touch dualwields as warrior anymore. >.<

I would advise you guys to try some PK private server with lvls 80 and +10 items, +3 uniques (IN,IB,ROCs,PEs or WEs)

I spent like 3 hours at arena with my friend (both warriors) trying all combinations of skills/stats/weapons/armors trying to find out which one is best.

The thing I found out really surprised me!

I used those weapons at +10... Raptor,Avedon,Hell Breaker,Personal sword,Lugias+Hanguk and that long spear (cant remember name) + Hanguk

Dual wields always lost against everything else (me or my friend, the one who had them, always lost)... NO it was not caused of bad combo, We are really good at comboing with everything it this game. It was because of low damage dealt to the enemy with dualwields.

I remember some numbers: for example the attack when using Avedon or Hell Breaker was like 4050, while the attack when using dualwields was about 3950. (thats not a big difference!)

I used 80 lvl skills to attack, but the hits on my screen were really different, I have seen Avedon hitting for 580-620 but the dualwields hitted for 500 max, even they had together more elemental damage than Avedon. Also the fight lasted like 20 hits with Avedon, but only at maximum of 2 more with dualwields. So the lost of the damage was like 1k.
    Same story for Raptor,Hell Breaker and Personal sword...

The best weapon of all was Avedon, because it made most R hits (used all 3 combos I know... rr skill was best)

So I wouldn&#39;t touch dualwields as warrior anymore. >.<[/b]

Maybe u forgot r damage is more than 2h and more r hits per hellblade than avedon/raptor? I can get 8/10 r in 10 howling... compare to raptor...which is around 5-6.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12