Few mage questions

This is a discussion on Few mage questions within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I've got a level 62 mage that I want to take 70+ for pvp. I want to do damage. I've ...
Page: 1

I've got a level 62 mage that I want to take 70+ for pvp. I want to do damage. I've got:

crystal +8 set with hp bonus
    hell blood +8
    25 dd helm
    iron neck
    skelly belt
    mage earring +0
    quest earring
    rol +0
    quest earring

I know I need flame rings, but what about my earrings? what should i be shooting for there?
    Also, what about using crystal armor? Does that cut it in cz or am i going to get pwned with such low def? should I go with crimson/complete?

Defense is even crap with Completes, so I think for ares go for the fast kill and stay behind tanker (or become the tanker yourself, with a shield). To me weapon-defense does make pretty much of a difference, because it`s rarely someone solo-pk`ing I see. And a party will for sure pick you as a target.

About earrings, I think there`s a lot of threads about this already.

if your gonna use a CS or DS on a mage, then get a halloween cane, since it's the only 1h staff for mage, sure only has 2 ap, but you can use staff strikes with it and shield at the sametime, better than just shield.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

i would go crimson +8 half the price of mage shell and less than 25 ac difference

for earrings id use secret silver earrings +2

wse +3 is also good

lick kings are good cuz of resistances but to me they lack defense and hp.

+ ur fire rings give u great fr

and u can always use gr to raise ur glacier resistance,,

u will prolly lack some lr ( 30 points with dual lkp +2 and only 15 lr point with one lkp +2)

but id take 14 ac over 15 lr points anyday

IN -> EP +2
    skele -> glass/iron belt
    earrings -> LKP +2 & SSE +2 - lkp should be way cheaper, and it gives you some mana and all of the resists, not only LR...
    I'd stay with fp build, just get yourself as many rare defs as possible :P

as for mage earring I'd throw that shit out or burn in anvil if I could xD

IN -> EP +2
    skele -> glass/iron belt
    earrings -> LKP +2 & SSE +2 - lkp should be way cheaper, and it gives you some mana and all of the resists, not only LR...
    I'd stay with fp build, just get yourself as many rare defs as possible :P

as for mage earring I'd throw that shit out or burn in anvil if I could xD[/b]

read my post right i didnt say lkp only gave lr. i said that if u dint use lkp u would be lacking lr

ot

+ 1 all of the mage quest accesories were a fucking joke imo. (except for belt)

read my post right i didnt say lkp only gave lr. i said that if u dint use lkp u would be lacking lr[/b]
    I know, but it's never to little of FR and GR

I know, but it's never to little of FR and GR[/b]

just like its always never to little ac >.>

with frs +3 u will have over 100+ fr
    throw in ur gr resist and boom all ur really lacking is lr..

14ac>13 lr...

RE5PECTmf

Sell the In and the Ske belt and get Ep+2 and IB/GB . Sell Rol and buy Flame rings , the higher the better . Hell Blood is ok , Armors are ok for the start , but like some1 said , get crimson +8 pauldron / boots / gloves , get complete or crimson goblin pads , and for helmet , u can use +7 for xping , u'll spare some cash there ... and for pk u anyway should use that dd 25 .. Mage earring is beyond crap , only useful thing there is resistance , but I would sell it and get mix of CE and wse , so far this combination has been cheapest for me and doing nice job . IDK how good fire mage is on lower levels , but If i was you , I would try to swap hell blood for elysium+8 and some cash , and since imirs should be less worth than flame rings , u could maybe get +1 dual , which would make up nice dmg , + ability to stun which is better than +0 flame rings IMO . But that's ur call , hf w/e u decide =)

I've got a level 62 mage that I want to take 70+ for pvp. I want to do damage. I've got:

crystal +8 set with hp bonus
    hell blood +8
    25 dd helm
    iron neck
    skelly belt
    mage earring +0
    quest earring
    rol +0
    quest earring

I know I need flame rings, but what about my earrings? what should i be shooting for there?
    Also, what about using crystal armor? Does that cut it in cz or am i going to get pwned with such low def? should I go with crimson/complete?[/b]

get rid of the mage earring...

the quest earring is a better than a mage earring, thats how bad they are...

if you can afford it, get a lich king pride or secret silver earring....

or get a few White silver earrings for the defense...