Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FINAL opinion cardboard fire mage

This is a discussion on FINAL opinion cardboard fire mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; fire/ice cardboard 112 int 51str rest mp items : DD+6 g2 armor 8 g2 pads 8 g3boots 8 g3 gloves ...
Page: 1

fire/ice cardboard

112 int
    51str
    rest mp

items :
    DD+6
    g2 armor 8
    g2 pads 8
    g3boots 8
    g3 gloves 8

2x rom0
    2x wse0
    EP0
    Skellybelt

scorching staff+7

thank you, is that good?

legendmage

Sounds about right, but scorching staff +7 is kinda sucky try to get a +3 or higher reverse atleast. I know it doesnt sound alot but it definantly adds up when using lvl 72 skill.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Sounds about right, but scorching staff +7 is kinda sucky try to get a +3 or higher reverse atleast. I know it doesnt sound alot but it definantly adds up when using lvl 72 skill.[/b]
    he is adream, so much for lvl 72 skill

Bowtie4Life

I think the T3 dd hat requires 116 int, if you meant the T2 hat, then should be ok.

This build worked alright for me on Ares, pretty much the same items, except i had a IB+0 and one rol+0. Other than that I was exact same setup. You can hold your own and still get your fair share of kills as well. Should be about 800-850 ac (with ac valks) and right around 3k hp and should staff around 300ish.

Alibaba85

fire/ice cardboard

112 int
    51str
    rest mp

items :
    DD+6
    g2 armor 8
    g2 pads 8
    g3boots 8
    g3 gloves 8

2x rom0
    2x wse0
    EP0
    Skellybelt

scorching staff+7

thank you, is that good?[/b]
    i run exact same gear on dcz mage in Cwest. It works nice, cept i use agate+1's and ruby rings with skelly and lobo +3 pendant....poo boy here I also use paper dd helm +3 i got myself from lvl 64 MSS quest.

you catch any unbuffed mage,sin.......and they are toast after u unload Impact,pillar,thorn.... sometimes I have to throw those three spells different , maybe throw the impact last(kinda like saving ur spike on a sin)

at lvl 57 with my gear i have 869 ac , 136 ap , 3.3khp fully scrolled/buffed with ac valks and pathos gloves. I think i might have one of the more gear cardboard mages on CWest for ardream.

impact hits less than thorn with the first dmg so it's stupid to use is as a last... it's better to use it first, so DOTs can do more dmg...

anyway, blizzard >>> impact

Alibaba85

impact hits less than thorn with the first dmg so it's stupid to use is as a last... it's better to use it first, so DOTs can do more dmg...

anyway, blizzard >>> impact[/b]
    eh yea it does.......but by throwing it first by the time u get ur 3rd or 4th one thrown at the enemy the DOT is about to wear off and he can out minor. I get 90% of my long range kills by throwing Impact / pillar / hellfire / thorn.... when the sin out minors that then..... i throw Impact last...the dots from the last impact help keep minor heal down so i can end it with pillar or ignition. its not stupid, it really works.

could agree with blizzard > impact...... but i dont use it on a cardboard fire mage. Use the Ice burst to target group enemies for icing(yea, harder to slow all of them).... I would rather, IMHO, have the Impact for that Impact, thorn,pillar combo......thats eats ALOT of hp quick. quick kills only way to pk for solo fire mage. IMHO for a solo mage pk'r......all blizzard is gonna do is help me get time to /town, so instead of throwing it before I town..... i would rather aim up the weakest looking member of the enemy party and blast off those 3-4 big long range fire spells then town...... most of the time by the time you spawn in town u will see ur name on board for that last kill, most of the time anyway. This is just one of many types of strategies... its the funnest for me to play. In party pk.... if ur only mage in party blizzard>impact for sure.

well 112int mage is gr8 but just for novas and for low lvl mages ( 80- ) in my opinion becouse:

1300hp not worth 170-220 ac

and if you play on c -west you cant get armors +9... :/

dcz sorry

thank for tips

IMO u will prolly get raped pretty quik on an older server like pathos.... Your HP wil be pretty low, id sacrifice a little mp for int or hp if I were u.

But then again, I am partial to ice mage in dcz but whatever floats your boat!

Anal Rapist Senior Member

I would totally keep ur build EXCEPT, i would go for silk build. WHY?.. cuz you gain 50def and lose about what 15mp or so?... You wont lose any atk noticable but gain def

I got this tip from a sexy mage, and it works totally good for me ^^ hope it will be for you

Bowtie4Life

Silk is g2, which he already is using. Im guessing you meant full hard leather set (which is g3).

Anal Rapist Senior Member

Hmm dude 112 int is linen(G2) set not silk Silk(G3) needs 124 int :P

Alibaba85

Hmm dude 112 int is linen(G2) set not silk Silk(G3) needs 124 int :P[/b]
    yup he's right +1

Bowtie4Life

I would totally keep ur build EXCEPT, i would go for silk build. WHY?.. cuz you gain 50def and lose about what 15mp or so?... You wont lose any atk noticable but gain def

I got this tip from a sexy mage, and it works totally good for me ^^ hope it will be for you[/b]

Hmm dude 112 int is linen(G2) set not silk Silk(G3) needs 124 int :P[/b]
    He's already silk build, I know that. But the way you said it the first time, you thought he wasn't silk build, when infact he already was. So i figured you mis typed something....idk anymore, as least thats what i think i thought... :unsure:

Now that I actually check, I had the right idea just the wrong names. My bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast