Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fire tank mage, or fire cardboard mage oO

This is a discussion on fire tank mage, or fire cardboard mage oO within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; ok, so my friend and i were discussing, what build he should do, he is lvl 75, and atm he ...
Page: 1

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

ok, so my friend and i were discussing, what build he should do, he is lvl 75, and atm he is cardboard fire, 255 mp, 100 int, rest hp...

items are
    staff of player +7
    fr +0
    fr +0
    in +0
    gb +0
    ce +0
    ce +0

should he go reskill to be complete fire mage, and go 160 int, rest into mp? which would be like 224 mp, 160 int ( roughly dun remember right off the top of my head)

or should he stay cardbored.

btw he will always use the quest staff so getting a different staff isn't an option, what would u think oO

Banned

He has a "iron set" if you get me..bar the Glass belt, good as though.

With the extra Int from the Glass belt, going shell would be retarded

What + armour is he using though? If its +7 then yeah, go shell, if he has +8/9 HP pieces/sets then stay cardboard. Simple as, but being cardboard you might want to look as buying a Lycaon Staff +8?

His uniques aren't great, so the Extra MP from Cardboard build means more HP also due to fewer stat points into INT. Stay Cardboard.

He has a "iron set" if you get me..bar the Glass belt, good as though.

With the extra Int from the Glass belt, going shell would be retarded

What + armour is he using though? If its +7 then yeah, go shell, if he has +8/9 HP pieces/sets then stay cardboard. Simple as, but being cardboard you might want to look as buying a Lycaon Staff +8?

His uniques aren't great, so the Extra MP from Cardboard build means more HP also due to fewer stat points into INT. Stay Cardboard.[/b]
    1st off a lycoan staff +8 is for paper mages since it requires lower points to int... 2nd reason y he is cardbored is because of his personal staff that requires a minimum of 100 int...

he uses 3 pieces +8 linen,1 piece +7 linen, +7 paper mage dd

server is ronark btw. and the extra mp bonus is 2x~3x mp, but how much difference in damage would that make seeing as how he has dual fr +0...

and his uniques aren't great... meaning? an iron neck + glass belt aren't great for a mage oO lol...

my basic question is, is the damage difference worth the lose of a little bit of hp and a little bit of damage, worth the xtra ac? basically...

Banned

1st off a lycoan staff +8 is for paper mages since it requires lower points to int... 2nd reason y he is cardbored is because of his personal staff that requires a minimum of 100 int...

he uses 3 pieces +8 linen,1 piece +7 linen, +7 paper mage dd

server is ronark btw. and the extra mp bonus is 2x~3x mp, but how much difference in damage would that make seeing as how he has dual fr +0...

and his uniques aren't great... meaning? an iron neck + glass belt aren't great for a mage oO lol...

my basic question is, is the damage difference worth the lose of a little bit of hp and a little bit of damage, worth the xtra ac? basically...[/b]
    Naw lols, Iron set is a deffinate for a mage.
    But, if the FR's were +1 then Shell would be great, and for ronark, i'd deffinetly stay Cardboard, no one has "uber" gear as such, the odd turk with a fucking weirdly conjured up +9 shell set, but, besides that, reskilling for a little bit more defence wouldn't be worth it, if he has a paper set of defences, club, spear, dagger, he's fine.

Stay cardboard within the final reason.

go for WOE+8 crystal set +9 hp dual ROL IN GB good

go for WOE+8 crystal set +9 hp dual ROL IN GB good [/b]
    y should i get a woe +8, when i have a personal staff +7? and i have iron neck and a glass belt, and dual flame rings +0... lol

I think your friend would not be happy with his HP if he went 160 int with those items at his lvl. Yes he would get better ac etc., but by the sound of things and the fact he still has a +7 piece of the cardboard armor tells me he isnt the richest fellow around, meaning he probably wouldnt be able to go right to +8 shells. Plus his damage of course would go down, which no fire mage likes to see ^^. If I were him I would stay cardboard, get my last piece of +8 armor, then make my ears+1, then work on upping the fr's. After a few more lvls and saving for a +8 complete set, personally I do prefer the 160 int. mainly because on ares you are fighting some high ap baba's.

he should stay cardboard because cardboard flame does a shit load of dmg.. +++ if it is mark i am borrowing his shells(( and i want to keep borrowing for as long as i can ROFL! but if he does go to shells it is ok. but cardboard flame is gangstarrrrrrrr. <3 yew jd

go for WOE+8 crystal set +9 hp dual ROL IN GB good [/b]
    IDIOT!

WOE is for cardboard, it would be stupid using that with christal armors when u can wield hell blood.

if you haev +7 staff of player i see no reason to change you would just be weakeneing yourself.

Seekor

wow it is completely apparent that half the people who posted here have obviously never played a mage but I completely agree with sha21wn. But also I think the difference between going cardboard and int is depending on your pk style. If you like to solo pk your going to need that extra defense or if its more than a 2 v 1 your going to die most of the time. But if you like to pk with a party of mages or solo aoe in wars id recommend staying as cardboard as that would be the most effective for doing the most damage.

http://www.kingofknight.com/item.php?id=910124351

come on dude look at the bonus.

350 hp?

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

wow it is completely apparent that half the people who posted here have obviously never played a mage but I completely agree with sha21wn. But also I think the difference between going cardboard and int is depending on your pk style. If you like to solo pk your going to need that extra defense or if its more than a 2 v 1 your going to die most of the time. But if you like to pk with a party of mages or solo aoe in wars id recommend staying as cardboard as that would be the most effective for doing the most damage.[/b]
    LOL I play Mage and I play with jdiZzle so I hope I wasn&#39;t in that half of the people anyways stay card board you guys own faces as it is

Seekor

LOL I play Mage and I play with jdiZzle so I hope I wasn&#39;t in that half of the people anyways stay card board you guys own faces as it is[/b]
    No I meant for the people suggesting lycoan staffs and wreaths of erinons when the staff of player is much better and showed a lack of mage experience.

#1 In my opinion, if your going 160 int, go ice or lightining, fire is for damage hence cardboard. And dont think int 160 ice isnt good, it freakin rocks. Ive solo so many people with 72 ice staff its so powerfull and slows. If you were 160 int fire, you would hit a little harder and thats about it. Ice is just to close in damage to fire 160 int and ice nova can just slow 100 orks chasing you down. Ice is the best for 160 int. #2 If your buddy has a personal staff that thing is specifically built for cardboard. Its just not meant for 160 int fire :S. My 3rd reason is that complete +7 is 12 hp bonus, your friend has +8 linens which give you more hp and help with undying. The extra hp should make up some for the lost ac and you will still hit hard as hell since ur cardboard. I would focus on getting +9 linens and upgrading those ce&#39;s. Once you have some +9 linens swithing to complete set will be pointless unless you get a +8 complete set, but like I said before if you have a +8 complete set, go ice.

Hope this helps. =P

#1 In my opinion, if your going 160 int, go ice or lightining, fire is for damage hence cardboard. And dont think int 160 ice isnt good, it freakin rocks. Ive solo so many people with 72 ice staff its so powerfull and slows. If you were 160 int fire, you would hit a little harder and thats about it. Ice is just to close in damage to fire 160 int and ice nova can just slow 100 orks chasing you down. Ice is the best for 160 int. #2 If your buddy has a personal staff that thing is specifically built for cardboard. Its just not meant for 160 int fire :S. My 3rd reason is that complete +7 is 12 hp bonus, your friend has +8 linens which give you more hp and help with undying. The extra hp should make up some for the lost ac and you will still hit hard as hell since ur cardboard. I would focus on getting +9 linens and upgrading those ce&#39;s. Once you have some +9 linens swithing to complete set will be pointless unless you get a +8 complete set, but like I said before if you have a +8 complete set, go ice.

Hope this helps. =P[/b]
    Ah +1, forgot jd had a flame mage, figured he was talking about yours marc. anyways cardboard flame is sexy as hell man. i as well could see no reason going anything other than cardboard while being flame, it would be pointless. my personal staff is only +4 right now so im using an elixer and i decided to see what +7 personal staff&#39;s stats are and that staff really is sexy. while elixer requires high int for that 56 elemental damage and 111 ap... personal requires much less and has same ap, much more elemental, health bonus and mp bonus as well as resistances i believe.. the staff truly is unbelievable. i say stick card board as well but if you end up wanting to try something different other than fire then go full completes, etc. <3 you. sorry about the prick not selling you hb+8.. fukin idiot....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast