Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Gab`s Adamant +7 or CS +0 For Int Priest

This is a discussion on Gab`s Adamant +7 or CS +0 For Int Priest within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I am just curious, when a rouge sees a priest with a CS, he is thinking "good player with gear" ...
Page: 5

007_heal

I am just curious, when a rouge sees a priest with a CS, he is thinking "good player with gear" so why would he do a Eskrima/Critical on him? No offence all the rouges that i play against go after the "newbs" around me. Trust me when i say that a rouge solo cannot take a INT priest that has 11K health and 45 DD defense. After there main skills run out they dont even bother attacking anymore...

As for CS saving the day, its just better for tanking more people, a lot more warriors tank priests then rouges cuz they usually in the hunt for "newbs."

I think the stun rates are a lot lower then 20% on new weapons.

PFF, personally I think there a lot fucking higher, I had a vs with lvl 80 warrior 3 times and everytime the skill activated on me. They were using baal though so..

The thing is, my priest has 2.9k ap atm and malicing CS priests on diez I hit them about 6-700 can't remember exactly. Hitting priest with gabs and malice is around 600 dmg too, and those gabs are only +3/4, if anyone on diez has gabs+7 and cs+7 I'd be happy to play around with dmg testing

I dont' think any player can drop a priest with 11k hp solo with 45 dd and cs. But a party of warrirors ganking you plus 1 rogue who does know how to cancel heals quick you'd still lose lots of hp quickly and that's when that extra dd could start helping.

I am just curious, when a rouge sees a priest with a CS, he is thinking "good player with gear" so why would he do a Eskrima/Critical on him? No offence all the rouges that i play against go after the "newbs" around me. Trust me when i say that a rouge solo cannot take a INT priest that has 11K health and 45 DD defense. After there main skills run out they dont even bother attacking anymore...

As for CS saving the day, its just better for tanking more people, a lot more warriors tank priests then rouges cuz they usually in the hunt for "newbs."

I think the stun rates are a lot lower then 20% on new weapons.[/b]
    well, no idea where the hell r u playing, cuz at Pathos u'd be the first target for rogues if u came out with CS... Warriors will kill the others... and ofc u'd get Eskirma lol.. not worth to waste it on noobs h34r: para + torment + 3x cp + spike+blinding and u r dead... oh and Armor cancelation doesn't work on shields ^_^

PFF, personally I think there a lot fucking higher, I had a vs with lvl 80 warrior 3 times and everytime the skill activated on me. They were using baal though so..

The thing is, my priest has 2.9k ap atm and malicing CS priests on diez I hit them about 6-700 can't remember exactly. Hitting priest with gabs and malice is around 600 dmg too, and those gabs are only +3/4, if anyone on diez has gabs+7 and cs+7 I'd be happy to play around with dmg testing

I dont' think any player can drop a priest with 11k hp solo with 45 dd and cs. But a party of warrirors ganking you plus 1 rogue who does know how to cancel heals quick you'd still lose lots of hp quickly and that's when that extra dd could start helping.[/b]
    +1.... Gab's +7 > CS +7

cs>gabs

rasta

endless discussion, so this is up to the priest himself, his point of view of pk and how the pk really is on his server.

whenver the gab adamant skill activates on me, it seems like everyone that was attacking me goes and attacks someone else xD cuz they think im dead or ice cubed or somethin

HamDude Senior Member thenerd1o2's Avatar

endless discussion, so this is up to the priest himself, his point of view of pk and how the pk really is on his server.[/b]
    +1 - i think whoever made the topic should try it himself cuz everyone got hes point of view - i myself prefer a Gab over CS

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

+1 - i think whoever made the topic should try it himself cuz everyone got hes point of view - i myself prefer a Gab over CS[/b]
    i will post damage later, i tested cs +0 vs gab +7 adament,

both damage taken is EXACTLY the same variation in damage from both the cs vs the gab, no extra weapon defense on. items are:

in +0
    glass belt +1
    lego band +0
    fovern +1
    lillime +3 (+2)
    lillime +3 (+2)

damage taken from both shields from a warrior were directly the same, the warrior used a raptor +8, and then an ms +9, where from both shields the damage reduction and damage taken were exactly in the same.

i then tested it with a rouge ~~ yea i know and ofc gab was better and reduce a substantial amount of damage. compared to a cs +0.

i didn't test it against debuffs on which 1 takes more or less damage, but when im in cz, i hit the same on a cs priest that i do on a priest with a gab on when debuffed, but i did NOT test this.

and then ontop of all that it has the special ablility and more resist ( didn't test against a mage damage in difference, but as well all know more resist = better).

if you want you can second guess me, but from my point of view a cs +0 only should be used on a mage as it is lower stat requirement.

i didn't take ss of damage, but if you guys are REALLY wanting to know, i would have 2 ask 2 borrow his cs +0 again to show it ~~ but seroiusly take my word on it,

GAB +7> CS +0 in terms of a priest and overall ability, and price

both shields are awesome i tested +10 cs and +10 gabs (without special effect) on private server
    and i felt in love to gabs i was unbeatable on chitin bp with leonard+10 (everyone had +10 items and yet i tanked like a int priest and i was able to kill)
    so i assuming with this special effect it pwn even more
    every old weapon,shield,armor got pwned by Forgotten frontiers items and thats a fact
    from what i read gabs is way more easier to get and cs is so fucking expensive
    if would have gabs+7 and cs+any i would stick with gabs and trade cs for shitload uniqs

i will post damage later, i tested cs +0 vs gab +7 adament,

both damage taken is EXACTLY the same variation in damage from both the cs vs the gab, no extra weapon defense on. items are:

in +0
    glass belt +1
    lego band +0
    fovern +1
    lillime +3 (+2)
    lillime +3 (+2)

damage taken from both shields from a warrior were directly the same, the warrior used a raptor +8, and then an ms +9, where from both shields the damage reduction and damage taken were exactly in the same.

i then tested it with a rouge ~~ yea i know and ofc gab was better and reduce a substantial amount of damage. compared to a cs +0.

i didn't test it against debuffs on which 1 takes more or less damage, but when im in cz, i hit the same on a cs priest that i do on a priest with a gab on when debuffed, but i did NOT test this.

and then ontop of all that it has the special ablility and more resist ( didn't test against a mage damage in difference, but as well all know more resist = better).

if you want you can second guess me, but from my point of view a cs +0 only should be used on a mage as it is lower stat requirement.

i didn't take ss of damage, but if you guys are REALLY wanting to know, i would have 2 ask 2 borrow his cs +0 again to show it ~~ but seroiusly take my word on it,

GAB +7> CS +0 in terms of a priest and overall ability, and price[/b]
    both shields are awesome i tested +10 cs and +10 gabs (without special effect) on private server
    and i felt in love to gabs i was unbeatable on chitin bp with leonard+10 (everyone had +10 items and yet i tanked like a int priest and i was able to kill)
    so i assuming with this special effect it pwn even more
    every old weapon,shield,armor got pwned by Forgotten frontiers items and thats a fact
    from what i read gabs is way more easier to get and cs is so fucking expensive
    if would have gabs+7 and cs+any i would stick with gabs and trade cs for shitload uniqs[/b]
    Hey LBD, where are you know, fcker? <_< <_<

i just tested this using a CS+0 and a Gabs+7 blessing...

i would say it comes down to what your AC and the rest of your stats are...

i am a 1h plate support bp and the CS+0 actually works out better for me than a Gabs+7..

simply because my base AC is very low...so the 50 weapon defense helps A LOT more than the gabs 7...
    actually, there was just no comparison...the cs+0 was A LOT better than the gabs +7

it is especially obvious when i am debuffed.

my ac without any buffs is 611, that include the cs+0

i tried this out as a chitin build, using the cs0 and a gabs 7 and noticed the difference is a lot less...the gabs7 was almost as good, but still the cs0 had the best overall damage reduction...but not by much..

when i was debuffed though, the differences showed a bit more but it wasnt as drastic as when i was a plate priest

i tested with a warrior using a +9 raptor and +9 shell set and also a +8 avedon and +8 hellbreaker

i didnt bother testing versus a assassin because obviously, the gabs is better...(assuming you stack dd25 and an iron set)

Nice topic, id say prizewise Gabs+7 > CS+0 the difference in prize is just too much for smeone to go for a CS. I think that the Gabs the better shield for an int priest. Its just all around better, with higher AC the DD and the special ability. The CS is the ultimate shield for a Mage or even a rogue with its low str requirement.

CS at +8 though thats a different story, id have to try both and make up my mind about that one. But the fact remains that the CS is so much more expensive and to find a +8 on a newer server is allmost impossible so when the options are gabs7 and cs0 and the cs is so much more expensive the gabs is the obvious option.

I just find it curious why would any priest have a CS+0? that&#39;s just stupid.
    Anyway if you ask me CS+5 (or higher) > GAB + anything. CS is the best for tanking hordes of enemies that are constantly debuffing and tanking your ass. tbh the special hability ofthe GAB isn&#39;t that useful. subside is worthless when u got 2 rogues and 2 warriors and 2 mages attacking you at the same time keeping you stunned and slowed (GAB). whereas using 1k HP pot and full heal (CS) will keep you alive long enough for a mage to get your ass out. If you&#39;re taking on one party at a time then it really makes no difference. you probably won&#39;t die if you have good gear besides the shield (and your party doesn&#39;t suck).

the extra AC isn&#39;t that good as well if you&#39;re constantly debuffed like in the server i play. i got little over 1400 ac and HP little over 13k with CS and DD25. The extra DD isn&#39;t really that much of a plus. I&#39;ve been attacked by the 2 strongest opposite rogues in my server while totally debuffed and they couldn&#39;t kill me.

So to sum up, the benefits of a CS(assuming it&#39;s +5 or higher) while taking on hordes of enemies is in now way matched by the benefits of a GAB+anything

i would simply prefer cs because u can wear a DD helm if needet

I just find it curious why would any priest have a CS+0? that&#39;s just stupid.
    Anyway if you ask me CS+5 (or higher) > GAB + anything. CS is the best for tanking hordes of enemies that are constantly debuffing and tanking your ass. tbh the special hability ofthe GAB isn&#39;t that useful. subside is worthless when u got 2 rogues and 2 warriors and 2 mages attacking you at the same time keeping you stunned and slowed (GAB). whereas using 1k HP pot and full heal (CS) will keep you alive long enough for a mage to get your ass out. If you&#39;re taking on one party at a time then it really makes no difference. you probably won&#39;t die if you have good gear besides the shield (and your party doesn&#39;t suck).

the extra AC isn&#39;t that good as well if you&#39;re constantly debuffed like in the server i play. i got little over 1400 ac and HP little over 13k with CS and DD25. The extra DD isn&#39;t really that much of a plus. I&#39;ve been attacked by the 2 strongest opposite rogues in my server while totally debuffed and they couldn&#39;t kill me.

So to sum up, the benefits of a CS(assuming it&#39;s +5 or higher) while taking on hordes of enemies is in now way matched by the benefits of a GAB+anything[/b]
    lol... not sure if you know, but the skill is HELL USEFULL and you can NOT be individually debuffed when it activates, so your theory is going down...

Gab +7 > CS for me... extra def helps a lot and when u r debuffed you can cure yourself... and the Gab is way cheaper -_-

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast