Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Gab`s Adamant +7 or CS +0 For Int Priest

This is a discussion on Gab`s Adamant +7 or CS +0 For Int Priest within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; lol... not sure if you know, but the skill is HELL USEFULL and you can NOT be individually debuffed when ...
Page: 6

lol... not sure if you know, but the skill is HELL USEFULL and you can NOT be individually debuffed when it activates, so your theory is going down...

Gab +7 > CS for me... extra def helps a lot and when u r debuffed you can cure yourself... and the Gab is way cheaper -_-[/b]
    i know you can't be touched while the special skill lasts, and yes u can cure yourself when you're debuffed. However you missed completely my point and my whole post. and since you probably nevers used a CS you have no idea of how greater it is than a GAB (i on the other hand have used both for plenty of time). I stated that the benefits of the CS show up the most when you're taking on HORDES (as in a friggin lot) of enemies. As i already stated i'd like to se a priest with a GAB last as much as a priest with a CS when being ganged.
    And also the extra defense means jack when you're constantly debuffed (in wars or when CZ is packed and you're camping enemy's base). Any experienced priest knows this.
    Now my comparisson is based entirely on the benefits of each shield. If budget kicks in then yeah, for most players GAB is the best option. But if budget isn't a restriction then i wouldn't even think about it. CS is the best shield shield.

actually, I have already tried both...

and yes I've been ganged and the effect has saved my ass like 4 times when there was shitloads of ppl on me

I have already said that's it's enough to get GOOD 2-3 sins to take CS priest down... torment + 3x cp spike/blinding/bb and ur dead... That's why I started using Gab

actually, I have already tried both...

and yes I've been ganged and the effect has saved my ass like 4 times when there was shitloads of ppl on me

I have already said that's it's enough to get GOOD 2-3 sins to take CS priest down... torment + 3x cp spike/blinding/bb and ur dead... That's why I started using Gab[/b]
    I think my point has been missed again. I'm not talking about those particular situations in which you get attacked by the 2 stronges rogues of the opposite nation while you're fully duffed, which by the way has happened to me a couple of times and i managed to survive (i'm an HP whore 13k+ ftw) GAb is a very good shield, don't get me wrong, but i was talking about the daily PK, daily wars, overall PK situations (at least in the server i play) in which the benefits of having a CS are way better than those of using a GAB. That is all i can say in my opinion and most important in my experience.

I think my point has been missed again. I'm not talking about those particular situations in which you get attacked by the 2 stronges rogues of the opposite nation while you're fully duffed, which by the way has happened to me a couple of times and i managed to survive (i'm an HP whore 13k+ ftw) GAb is a very good shield, don't get me wrong, but i was talking about the daily PK, daily wars, overall PK situations (at least in the server i play) in which the benefits of having a CS are way better than those of using a GAB. That is all i can say in my opinion and most important in my experience.[/b]
    maybe that's cuz I tested it in newer server and u tested it at older

cowwgoat

i have had about 3 chitin shield in cypher...

as said on the first page, its alot better then gab because of all the duffers and such in cz...

i have personally used a chitin shield and can vouch for its beastlyness...

in KOL forums under cypher section there is a topic about cs+5 vs. Gab +7

a friend of mine did a series of tests and calculations and the cs won in every aspect of attack except "R skill" hits...

gogogo cs all the way

a friend of mine did a series of tests and calculations and the cs won in every aspect of attack except "R skill" hits...[/b]
    even when skill activated? or when he was attacked by a sin? ...

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

even when skill activated? or when he was attacked by a sin? ...[/b]
    lol, think about it, by how much time when the skill activates, imagine how much damage your not taking where the cs is still taking damage :P ^^

lol, think about it, by how much time when the skill activates, imagine how much damage your not taking where the cs is still taking damage :P ^^[/b]
    that was a sarcasm :lol:

CS +0 is only for mages and rogues, for priest Gab is much better.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=295175

i still belive that the test should be done fully duffed..

cowwgoat

it was tested with a warrior using a raptor....

and think about it, thats IF the gab skill works....

and theres a better percentage that it wont work...

cs is better...

at least in cypher the cs is better then gab... idk about new servers

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

it was tested with a warrior using a raptor....

and think about it, thats IF the gab skill works....

and theres a better percentage that it wont work...

cs is better...

at least in cypher the cs is better then gab... idk about new servers[/b]
    he was buffed though not dufed.

the real resuslts are shown when one is dffed.. since most of the time priest are the duffed ones

_JB_

he was buffed though not dufed.

the real resuslts are shown when one is dffed.. since most of the time priest are the duffed ones[/b]
    the tests were done BUFFED and UNBUFFED. tests dont need to be done DUFFED because the result can be easily predicted. the tests i did state (note i said state, not proof) that CS is generally better than gab, this goes for buffed and unbuffed status. since malice will clearly have a larger impact on the gab than the cs (since the cs ac is like half of what gab has), cs will of course be EVEN better while duffed. if you want to know how much better, thats another story and irrelevant in this discussion. what you are asking is basically:
    whats faster, fiat panda or ferrari enzo?
    and then asking, whats faster, fiat panda with nitro or ferrari enzo with nitro?
    this is exaggerated of course, i think gab+7 is a great shield and should in no other occasion than this be compared to a fiat panda :P

p.s. if you think priests are usually duffed, id say CS would be better for you, since you clearly dont cure fast enough to get gabs AC back :P

I just find it curious why would any priest have a CS+0? that's just stupid.
    Anyway if you ask me CS+5 (or higher) > GAB + anything. CS is the best for tanking hordes of enemies that are constantly debuffing and tanking your ass. tbh the special hability ofthe GAB isn't that useful. subside is worthless when u got 2 rogues and 2 warriors and 2 mages attacking you at the same time keeping you stunned and slowed (GAB). whereas using 1k HP pot and full heal (CS) will keep you alive long enough for a mage to get your ass out. If you're taking on one party at a time then it really makes no difference. you probably won't die if you have good gear besides the shield (and your party doesn't suck).

the extra AC isn't that good as well if you're constantly debuffed like in the server i play. i got little over 1400 ac and HP little over 13k with CS and DD25. The extra DD isn't really that much of a plus. I've been attacked by the 2 strongest opposite rogues in my server while totally debuffed and they couldn't kill me.

So to sum up, the benefits of a CS(assuming it's +5 or higher) while taking on hordes of enemies is in now way matched by the benefits of a GAB+anything[/b]

a priest would use a cs+0 when he has a rogue and mage on the same account that uses the cs+0

^_^

im glad i never traded my cs+0 for a higher grade because in my opinion, ever since the FF patch came out, i think CS+0 prices have gone up...

only because priests and warriors now have an option to take either a CS+6 or higher or a gabs...so they have two options...while rogues and mages (who dont want to lose 31-41 stat points into STR) can only use a CS+0...

i used to get the standard iron set and 2x rol offers for my cs+0 but after the FF patch, ive been getting offers like 2x iron set + a rol or iron set + 2x ROFs and other crap...

while rogues and mages (who dont want to lose 31-41 stat points into STR) can only use a CS+0...[/b]
    actually, there's 20str difference between +1 or higher and +0 :P

but it's still not worth it

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast