Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fire dmg vs lightning dmg

This is a discussion on fire dmg vs lightning dmg within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; the question is: if i hit 500 dmg with personal staff using fire staff on an orc witout any flame ...
Page: 1

the question is:
    if i hit 500 dmg with personal staff using fire staff on an orc witout any flame rings.
    then how much would my dmg be with the same staff using lightning blade also using no imirs.
    ofc on the same enemy and with the same lightning resist as fire resist

using light staff or light blade?

if u mean staff, then it will be 20-50less?

yes i mean staff sorry.
    I thought lightning would be alot less, so maybe ill go lightning later
    thx for ur reply

Lightning will hit a lot less. When I was light at 72 i was hitting 350-400's with 72 staff, when i reskilled to fire i was hitting 500-600's... Back then all rouges had rols tho, so lots of LR... So cannot really tell if it was the element that caused the damage difference or the resist of my opponent... Probably both.

was playing a fire all the time and reskilled to light 2 weeks ago... hitting MAX 50less...

mrmagic2008

Lightning will hit a lot less. When I was light at 72 i was hitting 350-400's with 72 staff, when i reskilled to fire i was hitting 500-600's... Back then all rouges had rols tho, so lots of LR... So cannot really tell if it was the element that caused the damage difference or the resist of my opponent... Probably both.[/b]
    are you sure? i am hitting 350 to 400 at 69 with lev 42 charged blade skill, i'd imagine lev 72 skill would hit alot harder

thx for the replies on last question
    but now i also get curious how much dmg glacier staff does in comparison to fire and light staff

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

glacier is inbetween the damages of fire and light, but its still closer to light damages.

fire is the only damage oriented skill set

are you sure? i am hitting 350 to 400 at 69 with lev 42 charged blade skill, i'd imagine lev 72 skill would hit alot harder[/b]
    Yes I'm sure, you have imirs?

My dcz fire mage is hitting 450's now as fire with fr +2/+3 at lvl 59. No light mage has hit me this hard so far.

Willows

Me 'n devin tested against each other, both roughly the same build n stuff.

I blade him 550-600 his screen (actual damage) with elysium +8, imir +1 and +2 at 247 mp build. He has 70 lr
    He blades me 650-700 my screen (actual damage) with hell blood +8, dual flame rings +2 at 247 mp build. I have 117 fr.

So fire doesn't seem to be thaaaaaaaaat much more damage, really.

Well... 100 per blade.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

LOL at all these guys saying lighting staff does 20-50 damage less then fire staff... simon is right, there is a major different between the damages

for example, when I was on girakon

fire: FR +1 and FR +0 with Elixir +8 (mp build) spamming 800 (sometimes even 900s) on my screen (was lvl 79, 2nd highest lvl on server at that time)
    ice: dual shios +1 with Garp +8 (mp build) was spamming 600-700s on my screen (lvl 77)
    lighting: dual imirs +0 with choatic +8 (mp build) was spamming 500-600s on my screen (lvl 76)

Me 'n devin tested against each other, both roughly the same build n stuff.

I blade him 550-600 his screen (actual damage) with elysium +8, imir +1 and +2 at 247 mp build. He has 70 lr
    He blades me 650-700 my screen (actual damage) with hell blood +8, dual flame rings +2 at 247 mp build. I have 117 fr.

So fire doesn't seem to be thaaaaaaaaat much more damage, really.

Well... 100 per blade.[/b]
    you see the difference? that's 15 elemental more...

LOL at all these guys saying lighting staff does 20-50 damage less then fire staff... simon is right, there is a major different between the damages

for example, when I was on girakon

fire: FR +1 and FR +0 with Elixir +8 (mp build) spamming 800 (sometimes even 900s) on my screen (was lvl 79, 2nd highest lvl on server at that time)
    ice: dual shios +1 with Garp +8 (mp build) was spamming 600-700s on my screen (lvl 77)
    lighting: dual imirs +0 with choatic +8 (mp build) was spamming 500-600s on my screen (lvl 76)[/b]
    LOL at you....

give me a proof or gtfo!

you see the difference? that's 15 elemental more...
    LOL at you....

give me a proof or gtfo![/b]
    but willows have 40 FR more aswell. use the 50lr resist spell on devin and hit him again, then you'll have same resists, and your damage will be even lower. You can delete 1 imir +1 and he can delete 1 fr +2. So you both have same resists/staff/ring and test again .

I'm pretty sure the damage diff will be more than 20-50 , more like 100+

And from What I remember in old ke

Fire > ice > light damage wise. Haven't been ice since then tho, so no clue how things are now.

simpleguy144

Fire damage hit more

Willows

but willows have 40 FR more aswell. use the 50lr resist spell on devin and hit him again, then you'll have same resists, and your damage will be even lower. You can delete 1 imir +1 and he can delete 1 fr +2. So you both have same resists/staff/ring and test again .

I'm pretty sure the damage diff will be more than 20-50 , more like 100+

And from What I remember in old ke

Fire > ice > light damage wise. Haven't been ice since then tho, so no clue how things are now.[/b]
    Meh, I figured his 15 more element balanced to my 40 more resist, too lazy to make it all perfectly balanced. It could very well be that I only had 87 resist at the time, can't remember if kek belt was on or not. We'll probably be hitting each other in the arena sometime soon, I'll be sure to take screenies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast