Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about my dcz priest

This is a discussion on Question about my dcz priest within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; well currently im 54 but lvling to 59 my build right now is 174int and 104 str(enough for chitins+8) i ...
Page: 1

Unhappy

well currently im 54 but lvling to 59
    my build right now is 174int and 104 str(enough for chitins+8)
    i was thinking about going party heal cus my clan has enough duffers
    but i was also thinking about goin bp as well to switch it up sometimes

my current items are:
    iron set
    dual rol
    dual sse
    chitin set+7/8
    smite hammer+6
    lupus hammer+5
    lycaon hammer+5
    lobo hammer+5
    dol+5
    ss+5
    and im buying another dread shield because my +5 broke goin+6

i have enough gbs to buy a hb+7 and papers+8 str for bp

but im new to priest and not sure what other items i need to be nicely geared bp, what items should i use from my current list and what else do i need to buy

is the only thing i need a hb+7 and str papers+8? or should i use differerent earings/rings as well
    or should i go with fp+8 build? i dont have a clue -_-

carnac west btw.

Thank you for all your inputs

BestSin

for adream BP:

Skill setup:

45 Holy Spirit
    54 Heal
    (1 point left over)

Stats:

78 int for paper+9/str
    226 STR

Items:

paper +9/str SET
    paper +9/hp SET
    paper dd cap+6/7
    hb+7
    IN/IB
    dual WE+2
    dual ROC+2

also consider:

Impact +8 w/ DOL +7/8 or DREAD +6/7

fuk i dont want to have to buy dual roc and we now lol fuck my life
    but i will
    we=3-3.5gb? x 2 = 7gb
    roc=6gb x 2 = 12gb
    hb+7=18gb
    so thats um
    37gb to change? yikes
    i only have 18gbs left to buy another dread and chitin+8 set damn.......

BestSin

fuk i dont want to have to buy dual roc and we now lol fuck my life
    but i will
    we=3-3.5gb? x 2 = 7gb
    roc=6gb x 2 = 12gb
    hb+7=18gb
    so thats um
    37gb to change? yikes
    i only have 18gbs left to buy another dread and chitin+8 set damn.......[/b]
    its worth it man, you will get bored of int priest

ArminVanBuuren

You don't need to switch jewelry, since you can just compensate the STR loss from the uniques by wearing full STR armor...with dual RoL you'll have better defense than with dual RoC, same with the SSE, but I'd suggest trading them for dual WE's more than anything because of the resistances (besides, Health bonus is not as huge as in higher lvls)...you already have the Iron Set so you'd only need your weapon and your dread shield, you don't need a huge AP to kill, remember the BP has the advantage of debuffing (going BP and buffer at the same time would be just ridiculous)...if you need the monet, then you can trade your hammers, since most of them would be useless as soon as you become BP (specially the SH), you can also sell the chitins and get just armor set+8, because +9 would be too expensive for you...then working it properly you could have your whole equipment in a month or so.

Good luck

BestSin

make the +9 paper yourself, mr. i make cleaver 9's in my sleep

ArminVanBuuren

make the +9 paper yourself, mr. i make cleaver 9's in my sleep[/b]
    why should I? I'm not even playing anymore :P

why should I? I'm not even playing anymore :P[/b]
    hes talking to me dumb dumb lol

ArminVanBuuren

hes talking to me dumb dumb lol[/b]
    he's not the first one referring to me as +9 dream's maker because of some posts in this forum, it's easy to get mistaken :P

lol? im the proupgrader here -_-

well currently im 54 but lvling to 59
    my build right now is 178int and 104 str(enough for chitins+8)
    i was thinking about going party heal cus my clan has enough duffers
    but i was also thinking about goin bp as well to switch it up sometimes

my current items are:
    iron set
    dual rol
    dual sse
    chitin set+7/8
    smite hammer+6
    lupus hammer+5
    lycaon hammer+5
    lobo hammer+5
    dol+5
    ss+5
    and im buying another dread shield because my +5 broke goin+6

i have enough gbs to buy a hb+7 and papers+8 str for bp

but im new to priest and not sure what other items i need to be nicely geared bp, what items should i use from my current list and what else do i need to buy

is the only thing i need a hb+7 and str papers+8? or should i use differerent earings/rings as well
    or should i go with fp+8 build? i dont have a clue -_-

carnac west btw.

Thank you for all your inputs[/b]
    wow, really nice items for carnac xD

First off, you DEFINATELY need a bp dd +6/13 or +7/15 or higher helmet. Trust me, i've tested it, and the difference it makes is just incredible. a DD helmet is much more important almost anything else imo. Its a MUST.........

Anyways, if you plan on being able to play both support and BP without having to buy and resell accesories each time you restat, then i reccomend you to get BP accesories (with exception of ROL) and when u want to go support, go paper-hp-tank build... (76 or 78 in int, 90 str, all hp) it'll give u about 1-1.5k more hp than chitin/fp build, but you loose a bit of AC. What gears to get then? sell all INT priest gears, get a tooth +3 (yes +3, because +4 requires 91 or 92 str, which is a waste for 10 HP when u can put it into health and gain 1 ac and 10.267 HP) Dread sheild requires 90 STR no matter what + so that is the sheild u will use. Accesories can be the same as BP gears, but armors just wear all HP set.

Pro's Paper-hp-tank priest:
    1. You easily have 1-1.5k more HP than a INT bp, and if you use any kind of talia, you will only loose like 50 AC compared to chitin or FP build.
    2. With this build you dont have to buy a whole new set of items, you use 99% of the items you would use on ur BP (tooth, dread, paper +8 hp)
    3. This build is cheap to rpr, since its paper!

Con's of Paper-hp-tank priest:
    1. Horrible mana. You will only have 1.9-2.3k mana with this build, making it not suitable for party healers. So if you plan on party healing.. this might not be the best choice. However, it is damn awesome for torment build, since both torment and 960 heal dont use much mp!
    2. Horrible resistances. Since you dont have over 100 INT, you wont get any resistances from any stat points. My recommendation is to get a scorpion sheild +7 with this build to use when there is a huge-ass party of mages against you.

Here's an SS of my paper-hp-tank priest on pathos. The SS was b4 i had full +9 set of armors, and before i had my iron set and ROL's +1, so you could add some 40-60 AC to that if you plan on using ROL's. Accesories are all +0 in the SS. What i really loved about this build besides not having to buy totally different set of armors, was that the HP was so damn high. As a Chitin or FP bp, its pretty hard to get over 4.2k HP while maintening 1.3k+ AC, but you can easily do it with this build as long as you have crystals and talia talismans to make talia pauldrons.

Talia: http://i30.tinypic.com/358q70l.jpg
    +9 pauldron: http://i27.tinypic.com/33z9xc1.jpg

Now talking about bp:

All u needa sell is your earrings and POSSIBLY your rings. Definately selling SSE's and buying WE's since ardream BP's have the shittiest resistances possible. You will need to get as much resistances (LR mainly) as possible. WE's are imo, the best earrings for ardream bp. PE and SSE arent good since at lvl 59, priests only get something like 10.267 HP per health points. I'd much rather take the 80 HP and 5 STR and resistances from the WE.

As for rings, you could stay with ROL or go with ROC or ROF (depending on ur budget ) IMO, get dual ROL's... why? because one of the worst scenarios to a BP is being stunned. Once ur stunned u cant do shit, u cant debuff, u cant heal, and most of the time you'll get killed or severely damaged. ROL's will give you 40 AC compared to ROC which is super super nice, and also 40 LR which will help against stuns. Glacier resistances are important, but not AS important, seeing how ice blade cannot cancel your heals while lightning blade can, and you can always cure when ur slowed. The AC and LR definately are better than the AP imo.

I've tested many builds (both stat-wise, and skill-wise) and i would say taht on carnac west, you only need 1500-1525 AP to be able to kill 95%+ of the population. What makes up for the low AC is the ability to debuff. Sure, noobs will say that you only rely on duffs, but just ignore those twats since debuff is a priest skill! As for HP armors and STR armors, what you can do is at lvl 59, wear STR armors one at a time, and ONCE your AP goes above 1500, stop, and for the remaining pieces of armors, use HP. Try aim at something like 3100+ HP, 760+ AC, and 1500+ AP....... with these stats you'll do perfect, and seeing how you are on the newest server, you will definately RAPE.

As for skill build, seeing your items, i would DEFINATELY recommend that you go 57 debuff 42 heal. With your items 1920 heal wouldnt be very neccesary, and also seeing how you are on carnac-west, which is a server where ardream isnt filled with a lotta people most of the time, 960 heal will be more than enough for you. Torment will allow you to not only unstealth rogues, but it is the skill that will allow you to solo a party. Torments totally rape buff parties, since these parties almost never have more than 1 bufffer, and it'll take him or her forever to cure everyone and give him AC. Torment will let you spam 800's on people with only 1500 AP. Just use a restore when you see a huge group of people infront of you, trust me, it helps a shitload! But no matter what you do, do not go party healer on BP thats the most stupid thing you can do.

sorry if it's too long, i tried to shorten it :/ but when it comes to ardream BP's i just love discussing it

edit: even if u do use chitins +8, its only 174 int for pauldron, not 178 ^^

alot of very usefull information damn. thakn you very much!

alot of very usefull information damn. thakn you very much![/b]
    np ^^ ardream bp is pretty fun, with ur gear's itll be so ownage xD

ya im party heal right now cus my clan just got some really gg people and we have almost full parties all the time now in ardream
    and there is enough duffers in clan, no buffers tho lol. so party heal ftw!
    mgiht switch to bp a little later, but i still am holdin the gear i need to do so.

ya im party heal right now cus my clan just got some really gg people and we have almost full parties all the time now in ardream
    and there is enough duffers in clan, no buffers tho lol. so party heal ftw!
    mgiht switch to bp a little later, but i still am holdin the gear i need to do so.[/b]
    ah ic

party heal's challenging too! its really fun trying to keep ur whole party alive

but BP's fun too! u can actually attack and rape some noobs xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast