glacier / lightning mage damage

This is a discussion on glacier / lightning mage damage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; So heres the deal, Im an int mage and i wanna do some good damage. I'm still not sure what ...
Page: 1

Geo

So heres the deal,

Im an int mage and i wanna do some good damage. I'm still not sure what build, glacier or lightning.
    Right now for glacier i have dual shio+0, and for lightning dual imr+0. I can get +1's i guess when i find out what build i wanna be.

Anyway, im looking for some good damaga + i like a good slow/stun rate. I also want good hp. Im playing a lvl 80 mage atm and have an elixer 8 and lightning erenion 8.

Need some tips for both builds and WHY one thing is better than the other

NeronDomitius

go light, 160 int for completes and 200mp rest hp, use dual imir's +1, IN, GlassB/IB, CE+1 or more and SSE any +
    u will stun like crazy and do pretty nice dmg

ofc, u can try full mp, but i think 200 is pretty enough

Geo

does an ep+1 and skeleton belt work too?

i dont have a money tree here :P

ps. im using dual wse+1

and what staff should i get? elysium?

NeronDomitius

ep+1 is good, but if u wanna be dmg dealer, u have to be able to tank more, aka make your 1st priority getting IN or ep at higher +

wse is good, but try to trade one for CE+1, they should be about the same price.

about staff, elysium is best staff of all +8's if u wanna attack, after that i would take chaotic or LE, or u can just get elixir+8, it's the most cheap of all +8 staffs (should be), and it's working pretty good also.

for dmge definitly lightning

Elysium is a must

- best stun rate by far
    -best damage

Imhotep

for dmge definitly lightning

Elysium is a must

- best stun rate by far
    -best damage[/b]
    Ice damage > lightning damage...

For complete build, 160 int / 200 mp / rest HP and daul shios +X would be good if you want decent damage and decent hp. But ofcourse you'd get better damage if you went 247 MP (or 246 for 51 str )

Lightning rate is not what it used to be either, so it's not as effective as ice would be seeing how ice is like 99% now h34r:

My advice, go go ice, elixir +8 is a good staff for you as it balances between damage and slow rate which I presume is what you want If you want pure slow rate, go for a Glacier Erenion, if you want damage go for Garp.

About earrings, I guess it depends on your server, on my server it's mostly lvl 80 warriors hammering you so I use dual SSEs, however if your server is more mage orientated then I suggest getting some Lich King Pride's at highest + possible, they give decent hp/resistances/ac ^^

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2...18151629en0.jpg

That was the mage I used to play before, and well the equips on that was dual shio +1, sse +0, lkp +0, in +0, quest belt, and garp +8

and since it was damage built u could do really good damage with it, with ice staff i did 600-700 damage usually on my screen and well basically 95% slowed of the time.

Ice damage > lightning damage...

For complete build, 160 int / 200 mp / rest HP and daul shios +X would be good if you want decent damage and decent hp. But ofcourse you'd get better damage if you went 247 MP (or 246 for 51 str )

Lightning rate is not what it used to be either, so it's not as effective as ice would be seeing how ice is like 99% now h34r:

My advice, go go ice, elixir +8 is a good staff for you as it balances between damage and slow rate which I presume is what you want If you want pure slow rate, go for a Glacier Erenion, if you want damage go for Garp.

About earrings, I guess it depends on your server, on my server it's mostly lvl 80 warriors hammering you so I use dual SSEs, however if your server is more mage orientated then I suggest getting some Lich King Pride's at highest + possible, they give decent hp/resistances/ac ^^[/b]
    oh yeah ice damage is way more than lightning buddy.

If you dont believe lightning is weaker then ice then look at ice armor compared to lightning armor. Ice does 1.1k where light does 900.

Ice hits harder.

Ive tried every build except lightning and I have fire and ice mage gear, all 4 rings, complete 7 and + 8 linen set with a personal+7

Im looking for duel imirs now so when I get those ill have all 6 rings. Then I will be able to give my opinion on lightning build. So far with what ive experienced lightning can rape and is powerfull only if the person has low lightning resist. But try vsing someone with alot of LR and ur just gonna get shit on because your rarely going to be stunning. You will probly injure your hand hitting your desk too so good luck.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

oh yeah ice damage is way more than lightning buddy.[/b]
    it is BUDDY ice is is stronger than light.

go staff someone and u will see.

or go use a novas again u will notice that ice is stronger