Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TP'ing guide? lol

This is a discussion on TP'ing guide? lol within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Any tips for TP'ing at the right time when playing support mage? Then do you know you should tp your ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default TP'ing guide? lol

Any tips for TP'ing at the right time when playing support mage?

Then do you know you should tp your party member before he dies?

I always try to tp me dieing party member but always get killed before the tp skill casts ~_~. Then sometimes, I tp to early when they are not even close to dying...

Any pro TP'ers here? need some tips lol

Just do the best you can and remember which class has more HP. Look for purple bars to indicate a duff/curse. If a purple bar then you know they will take less hits than normal.

Attack mages get first priority, then rouges, then BP's, then warriors and INT priests.

If I see someone taking a lot of hits, more than likely, he is getting ganged and won't last long. In that case at about 30-40% hp is my trigger point, especially in BDW's where the map is not that big and he can easily return to attacking.

No matter what people will complain and call you a noob. Tell them to STFU and get back to fighting because they ain't dead :P

TNM

As said above and also:
    - You should be looking at the speed the party members HP is going down and decide (still based on the type of player as mentioned in the above post)
    - For priests and rogues you should look at their current mana as well, because they can pull off some crazy heals which can make your TP overkill.
    For priests you should be able to 'feel' whether he is being canceled or not: as in no heal/mana-use for a while at low hp

It might be handy to organise your party bar so that you can actually remember the place of the names etc: leads to faster targeting and makes it easier to watch over some people who's HP is going up and down (if you give them a central spot).

Look for spikes in health which usually means the damage will soon overpower their ability to pot, keep an eye on duffed players who are not getting cured right away, and just make sure you know who is going to be targeted the most in your party (most likely yourself ). And what TNM said about priests and rogues regarding mana is very important.

Banned

This was the advice (wisdom) off our old 8Ball forums. The advice was given to us from someone who knew the ins and outs of the game. Again, this is not from me, i just simply copy/pasted it from our old forum. Hola Devile

Ok, here we go:

* Play defensive when u are the only mage. That means attack less or no attack, and teleport more. Try to stay a bit behind the fight but at heal range from your priest, so if u get attacked, priest can heal u. Playing defensive might sound boring, but believe me, when u see your 4 member party rape 2 full parties, u will find it lot more fun. If u see the other party is pretty much done, attack if u want.

* Unless someone tells u its doing a 1vs1 or a mob (riote, boss), just teleport them when their HP goes below half. If ppl complain, tell them u wont teleport them next time, so screw them. Its your call.

* If u play defensive WATCH THE FIGHT. Is not just about seeing the HP bar of party members and teleporting them when its low, is about watching the fight and teleporting to safe someone is in trouble. HP bar can take a while to go down cause of lag or just go down too fast. Watch what is going infront of u, so u can teleport ppl. If u see someone rushing alone, getting 1 kill but then getting iced and attacked by 20 ppl, u can teleport him right away instead of waiting til his HP bar goes down. If u see the priest in trouble, teleport her. Doesn't matter if she is 5 feet away from u, just do it. Teleport makes ppl loose their target, giving u few seconds til u get hit again, enough for pot + /town.

* Defense Mages have the best position to see how battle is going cause they aren't attacking. If u see u can't win that fight, start running back to a safe spot were u can teleport all and regroup.

* When u regroup, double click each party member name so u teleport JUST THE PPL that aren't there with u. Dont waste time teleporting ppl beside u. Double clicking the names will help u tell who are there and who aren't. If ppl die and u think u can win that fight, teleport them again, specially the priest. If u can't win that fight, town and tp all, don't tp ppl to death.

* Try to keep a tight group. Keep clicking the names of your party so u know who are with the group and who aren't. Once u see enemies, teleport the ppl who were too far. If u see ppl falling behind, tp them to the front.

* If u have Blizzard, use it once in a while to slow enemies, but thats pretty much the only attack u should use when u play defensive. If u get attacked, use Blade to keep them busy or ask your party members to take them down for u. Never run and pot, always fight back with blade at least. Running gives assassins the best chance to hit all their combo, specially when u run in straight line. Fight back with blade, sliding and they will miss most hits meanwhile they'll have to pot. If he hits u too hard, tp a warrior or another assassin beside u, so he gets rid of the assassin.

* Get weapon defense armor. This is a must have. Spear and dagger defense. If u play defensive, u need to be able to tank a bit.

* Always give resistance to your party members. Dont wait til they ask. Unless they tell u what resistance they want, give them the highest u have (fire mage = 80 flame resist, ice mage = 80 ice resist, etc.). Use it on u first so u have it timed and once it wears off u recast it on everyone. Also recast it on ppl who die.

* If there's more than 1 mage in the party, use mostly your AoE spells, but always keep an eye on the fight and HP bars.

Quote Originally Posted by BBsHere View Post
    This was the advice (wisdom) off our old 8Ball forums. The advice was given to us from someone who knew the ins and outs of the game. Again, this is not from me, i just simply copy/pasted it from our old forum. Hola Devile

Ok, here we go:

* Play defensive when u are the only mage. That means attack less or no attack, and teleport more. Try to stay a bit behind the fight but at heal range from your priest, so if u get attacked, priest can heal u. Playing defensive might sound boring, but believe me, when u see your 4 member party rape 2 full parties, u will find it lot more fun. If u see the other party is pretty much done, attack if u want.

* Unless someone tells u its doing a 1vs1 or a mob (riote, boss), just teleport them when their HP goes below half. If ppl complain, tell them u wont teleport them next time, so screw them. Its your call.

* If u play defensive WATCH THE FIGHT. Is not just about seeing the HP bar of party members and teleporting them when its low, is about watching the fight and teleporting to safe someone is in trouble. HP bar can take a while to go down cause of lag or just go down too fast. Watch what is going infront of u, so u can teleport ppl. If u see someone rushing alone, getting 1 kill but then getting iced and attacked by 20 ppl, u can teleport him right away instead of waiting til his HP bar goes down. If u see the priest in trouble, teleport her. Doesn't matter if she is 5 feet away from u, just do it. Teleport makes ppl loose their target, giving u few seconds til u get hit again, enough for pot + /town.

* Defense Mages have the best position to see how battle is going cause they aren't attacking. If u see u can't win that fight, start running back to a safe spot were u can teleport all and regroup.

* When u regroup, double click each party member name so u teleport JUST THE PPL that aren't there with u. Dont waste time teleporting ppl beside u. Double clicking the names will help u tell who are there and who aren't. If ppl die and u think u can win that fight, teleport them again, specially the priest. If u can't win that fight, town and tp all, don't tp ppl to death.

* Try to keep a tight group. Keep clicking the names of your party so u know who are with the group and who aren't. Once u see enemies, teleport the ppl who were too far. If u see ppl falling behind, tp them to the front.

* If u have Blizzard, use it once in a while to slow enemies, but thats pretty much the only attack u should use when u play defensive. If u get attacked, use Blade to keep them busy or ask your party members to take them down for u. Never run and pot, always fight back with blade at least. Running gives assassins the best chance to hit all their combo, specially when u run in straight line. Fight back with blade, sliding and they will miss most hits meanwhile they'll have to pot. If he hits u too hard, tp a warrior or another assassin beside u, so he gets rid of the assassin.

* Get weapon defense armor. This is a must have. Spear and dagger defense. If u play defensive, u need to be able to tank a bit.

* Always give resistance to your party members. Dont wait til they ask. Unless they tell u what resistance they want, give them the highest u have (fire mage = 80 flame resist, ice mage = 80 ice resist, etc.). Use it on u first so u have it timed and once it wears off u recast it on everyone. Also recast it on ppl who die.

* If there's more than 1 mage in the party, use mostly your AoE spells, but always keep an eye on the fight and HP bars.

I TRIED

Not hard. TP if health is below half. Keep your eye on the battlefield. If you see one of your guys about to get pooped on tp him back. If they complain just don't tp them anymore, theyll regret complaining. Don't hesitate to tp, do what you think is right. If there is only one mage play back and be defense. If there is 2+ talk with the others to see what they are doing if theyre gonna play defense or play offense. Make sure if your party is getting raped to split into different directions.
    Kgo.
    /goodluck

TNM

cz: imo tp'ing warriors/priests at half hp sucks as they die so slowly and probably still have around 6k hp left or enough time to (get a) heal/cure. All depends on the circumstances though. Amount of enemies, lvl , gear and whether you have good priests or not

When im on my mage and I'm not tping/blading/blizzing, i'll run in a giant circle tping the person thats getting hit regardless of his hp level or class. It fucks with the other parties heads.

My general pk pattern involves running around in a figure-eight around the nearest obstacle if there is one. If not, I run around zig zagging back and forth. If I'm not duffed I'll stop and use blizzard or frostbite. If I really have a lot of time, I'll nova and use other ice skills. Additionally, if my party is having a rough time killing one of the opposing priests, I'll start charged-blading said priest.

Of course TPing takes precendence over everything above. I TP anyone that's parasited. You can tell when this happens becuase their hp goes up while getting attacked but not healed or if they tell you obviously. Also, I keep track of everyone's location so I can tp people from imminent gangbang.

As a gab/dread mage, if your attacking with anything other than blizz/frostbite/solid/charged blade, then either your not playing your class correctly, or the opposing party blows.

#1 tip: Don't attempt to pk with 2-5 second lags. D:

Banned

dammm, looks like i got alot of practice to do. thanks

Some of this is repetitive but still good advice

put tp on right click

organize your party list; makes it easier to quickly decide who needs tp first.

if somebody dies 2 or 3 times in a row put them on priority tp or they will hate you :-p.

Keep the weakest member highlighted on your list for fast tp.

don't tp the priest out of party healing distance unless absolutely necessary.

if you have to tp the priest away be ready to grab and regroup everybody else.

stay close to the fight but try to keep some distance.

If your getting pawned, tp a warrior or rogue or both. (Some people don't like this but if your dead you can't save anybody else.)

Start the tp skill even if you're uncertain. The animation takes forever and if they don't need tp you can always cancel by taking a step.

Be carefull casting your own attack spells. if a fast tp is needed you wont be able to stop the attack animation in time.

If your party is getting pawned its better to town and save whoever you can than to just let everybody die.

try to double check your area before you tp. nobody likes a tp to instant death but unfortunately this happens sometimes.

And most importantly...
    during invasion make sure you get everybody to the monuments for bless and they will all love you :-p

anyway no matter what you do someone will always bitch:

"mageeeee nooooooo tp me"
    and its always the same guy that cries:
    "noob mageeeeee? why didn't you tp me?????"

good luck and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by toyteck2001 View Post
    put tp on right click
    Having tp on right click is piss poor imo. Wouldn't recommend it at all.

you need vent and people have to ask for tp 2-3 seconds before , also if it's a 8 men party you need 2 mages , one tp the first 4 people the other mage the rest.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBsHere View Post

Ok, here we go:

BODYBLOCK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast