Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

[Guide] INT BP & Tank Priest (2016)

This is a discussion on [Guide] INT BP & Tank Priest (2016) within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Receiving a LOT of private messages asking for tips, builds, etc. mainly for INT battle priests and a few for ...
Page: 1

iTzBryan Senior Member

Default [Guide] INT BP & Tank Priest (2016)

Receiving a LOT of private messages asking for tips, builds, etc. mainly for INT battle priests and a few for tank priests. So let's do this properly:

INT BP:

FAQ -

1. What is an INT BP?
    In 2012, Knight Online changed the dynamic of the priest class allowing INT points to translate into attack power for 1-handed (1H) weapons creating a new build for battle priest (BP).

2. Does STR still provide attack power? Yes. STR still gives attack power as it always has for 2-handed (2H) weapons. However, it no longer gives attack power for 1-handed weapons -- INT does!

3. What is the AP:damage ratio for INT BP? Low. 0.38. Comparatively, archer = 1.22, sin = 1.59, warrior = 0.68

4. What does a low AP:damage ratio mean for INT BPs? It means that while you are frantically pumping INT into your character, you will see little difference in your damage output regardless of how high you can make your AP. During experimentation, it meant that a 38.94% increase in AP resulted in only a 14.81% increase in damage. The exception is during EXP. You will BLAST mobs with high INT and be everyone's favorite priest.

5. Does an “off-hand” mace provide an AP boost? Yes. But only if it has INT bonus. The actual attack power of the weapon does NOT affect your AP. Weapon bonuses do.

6. Does an “off-hand” mace’s elemental damage provide additional "R" damage? I don’t know.

7. What is the INT:AP ratio for INT BP? 1 INT = 4.11 base AP? I forgot. Sue me.

8. How much INT should I stat? 225-255; 255 being full-retard INT BP.

9. How do INT BP's compare to traditional STR BPs?
    They are more sustainable, deal less damage, require less skill, and are more competitive in competitive play. Additionally, the gear required is more suitable for tank items which allows for easy transition back and forth between BP and tank priest; I really love playing both builds, so this made INT BP the obvious choice for me.

10. What can I expect my stats to be like as a 1H INT BP compared to traditional 2H BPs?

2H Paper STR BP: High/Godly HP, high/Godly AP, low mana, low AC, no/low resists
    2H Plate STR BP: High HP, high AP, moderate mana, low/moderate AC, low resists - (balance; but good luck finding +9/+10 plate )
    2H FP STR BP: Moderate/high HP, moderate/high AP, moderate mana, moderate AC, moderate resists
    2H Chitin STR BP: Moderate HP, moderate AP, moderate/high mana, moderate/high AC, moderate resists
    1H Krowaz INT BP: High/Godly HP, low/moderate AP, Godly mana, Godly AC, Godly resists - (balance)

INT BPs are theoretically more balanced, making traditional 2H STR BPs obsolete.

11. Wait a minute, if INT BP’s AP:damage ratio is so low, wouldn’t it be enough to simply stat 190 INT (krowaz 8) and attack when the opportunity presents? Of course! But it is for this exact reason that many people don’t play INT BP (higher than 190 INT). The difference in damage is annoyingly low comparing 190 to 255 INT.

12. Why do you list so much alternative gear? Playing BP properly requires the ability to adapt to the fluidity of your opponent's party composition. If you aren't comfortable switching gear during PK, don't play BP.

13. What is a "dual-mace BP"? There's no such thing. After reading FAQ 12, understand that there are situations in which using a mace in the off-hand is advantageous, just as switching shields or accessories can be.

14. What is the advantage of being an INT BP vs tank vs STR BP? INT BPs are the most dynamic class in Knight Online. With specific regard to BPs, the Godly mana pool of an INT BP means that you can spam HP potions much longer than a 2H BP with low mana providing an obvious advantage. High AC, mana, and HP make you stand out less as a BP to your opponents. Playing the utility role means, as always, you are a priest first and foremost. Your job is to keep your party alive and find opportune times to supplement your party's damage; something a tank priest cannot do, nor can a traditional 2H BP survive long enough to make happen.

15. Your PK videos make my balls tingle, will I be able to do what you did in those videos? No. You suck.
    Last edited by itzbryan; 02-13-2016 at 04:46 PM.

iTzBryan Senior Member

The Items:

Armor:

-INT BP is best utilized with krowaz armor. Krowaz armor set gives 500 bonus HP and an additional INT bonus (extra AP) among other bonuses.

- Krowaz represents the highest INT requirement build, making it the obvious choice for INT BP builds.

- Shell is not advised -- no bonuses

Accessories:

- Rings: Pontus rings. However, the easiest and least expensive choice is simply using ROLs or LBs and switching to dual platinum rings +3

- Neck: Iron necklace / Amulet of Goddess +3

- Earrings: White-Silver Earring +3 (dual)

- Belt: Glass Belt. Alternatives such as iron belt or taurus belt are good tank items for sure.

- Shields: Gab's Adamant / Defender of the Lord / Personal Shield

On a new server, obviously go with the personal shield. 100% with BUS to +3. 100% with trina to +6. Defender of the lord is specifically meant for 1v1 against sins. The repel and DD make it a strong minor heal negation coupled with your damage should be enough to beat a sin's minor heal. End game goal should be the adamant 7 obviously for the stasis.

BP Weapons:

- Ruahue - Big AP. Will do the most damage.

- Mean Leonar - huge in 1v1. Blind messes up every class and gives you a big advantage. In party PK it can disorient the target, too.

- Smite hammer - least damage. But on a new server it's the only option for 1h BP.

Support Weapons:

- Lycaon hammer is great. Lobo hammer is fine. Holy animor is broken. Lupus hammer is a good off-hand MP recovery+ AP boost weapon for EXP and sometimes for PK. See the strategy section.

Here's images of all the relevant INT BP images (right click view image to zoom in) so you can get a feel for their stats:
    Last edited by itzbryan; 03-03-2016 at 02:39 AM.

iTzBryan Senior Member

The Build:

190 INT, 108 STR, 184 HP = level 83, krowaz 8 tank priest; you will still do 350 damage.

255 INT, 108 STR, the rest HP = true INT BP. Level 83 with krowaz 8; damage will range from 450-850 with the items previously listed

Krowaz 7 = 188 INT, 106 STR

I experimented with 225 and 205 INT. Bottom line is the damage isn't great to begin with, so you might as well go 255 INT.
    Last edited by itzbryan; 03-02-2016 at 01:33 AM.

iTzBryan Senior Member

The Strategy:

"Off-hand" maces: Should we use them? Eh, it's complicated...

EXP - Absolutely. If you aren't using a lupus hammer in your off hand during EXP, you're hitting less and you're wasting mana -- get a lupus hammer.

PK - Depends. Lupus hammer +8 provides a decent boost to your AP and lycaon hammer provides a decent boost to your AP and has crazy resists. However, this AP boost is negated by weapon defense.

If you dual wield in PK against someone with high club defense, you will do less damage even though your AP is higher because the off hand weapon is still a club and is damage reduced by your enemy's club defense. So unless you're on a new server, don't use dual wield against priests. I typically use an off-hand weapon against mages and rarely against mele. Never against priests with observably high club defense.

Positioning:

The most important thing to do as an INT BP or tank priest is to understand that your positioning is largely what determines whether you live or die and equally important whether your party lives or dies.

The reason why most BPs suck at BP is because they already suck as a support priest whether they want to admit it or not and the added distraction of trying to light up the board is overwhelming. Work on the following points:

1. Stay at a point that is equal distance between all of your party members in order to heal them effectively.
    2a. Use body blocking to your advantage
    2b. Body block
    3. If you are being focused, run in a circle around your priest and attempt to find obstacles/body blocks. Never run in a straight line [away from your priest]
    4. Anticipate heal focus
    5. Always make sure there are more friendlies than enemies near you
    6. Be a leader, or find a good leader

Eh. That's enough tips for now.
    Last edited by itzbryan; 03-03-2016 at 07:54 PM.

why do you talk to your self? And why are you EXPLAINING US DUAL MACE PRIEST?
    CAN YOU DO ME A FAVOR GO MAKE BARBARIAN LVL 80 UNLOCK HELLBLADE AND SLIDE ATROSS BB
    SkyHunter, itzbryan and Ching like this.

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotPwndByMyAss View Post
    why do you talk to your self? And why are you EXPLAINING US DUAL MACE PRIEST?
    CAN YOU DO ME A FAVOR GO MAKE BARBARIAN LVL 80 UNLOCK HELLBLADE AND SLIDE ATROSS BB
    What O.o are you drunk tonight?

U mean: "as always" not "tonight"

Dude. I want that support priest guide! Dunno if that's what you meant by "tank" priest though.

iTzBryan Senior Member

upppppppppppppppppppppp. close enough to finished.

So, Am I understand well, on the new servers without krowatz is nonsense to make int bp? When the chitins&shells are crap for him?

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manothai View Post
    So, Am I understand well, on the new servers without krowatz is nonsense to make int bp? When the chitins&shells are crap for him?
    Certainly not ideal. The only option is chitin shell. I wouldn't say it can't be done, it'll just be less powerful overall.

Little archer Senior Member

I think the AP per [Stat] (in this case INT) varies depending on how much of it you have as a bonus? I know dex gives 4-5 but when you start getting absurd amounts of dex, each subsequent point will give you roughly 6 bonus AP.

Bryan, ok I understand. I have two variant of bp but I dont know which one of them is better.
    1. Chitin BP
    172 int na chitin set 7/12hp (rest to str)
    II+7
    WP
    Dual WE
    Skeleton belt
    dual roc

or

2.INT BP
    chitin set shell 7/12 hp (str+int on shells,rest to hp?)
    AoG+EP
    Dual wse
    skeleton belt
    Platinum ring, ROL
    Dol +7
    holy animor +6

Which build will be playable?

Quote Originally Posted by Manothai View Post
    Bryan, ok I understand. I have two variant of bp but I dont know which one of them is better.
    1. Chitin BP
    172 int na chitin set 7/12hp (rest to str)
    II+7
    WP
    Dual WE
    Skeleton belt
    dual roc

or

2.INT BP
    chitin set shell 7/12 hp (str+int on shells,rest to hp?)
    AoG+EP
    Dual wse
    skeleton belt
    Platinum ring, ROL
    Dol +7
    holy animor +6

Which build will be playable?
    dont waste your time with the 2nd build, i tried it with dual PR's, old WSE, old Skele, Old AoG with HA+6 and full shell set 7 as int bp and my AP was 1300 with book, its useless to use it without +3 uniques.

What the heck is Ruahue and where can I get one???
    Quote Originally Posted by itzbryan View Post
    The Items:

Armor:

-INT BP is best utilized with krowaz armor. Krowaz armor set gives 500 bonus HP and an additional INT bonus (extra AP) among other bonuses.

- Krowaz represents the highest INT requirement build, making it the obvious choice for INT BP builds.

- Shell is not advised -- no bonuses

Accessories:

- Rings: Pontus rings. However, the easiest and least expensive choice is simply using ROLs or LBs and switching to dual platinum rings +3

- Neck: Iron necklace / Amulet of Goddess +3

- Earrings: White-Silver Earring +3 (dual)

- Belt: Glass Belt. Alternatives such as iron belt or taurus belt are good tank items for sure.

- Shields: Gab's Adamant / Defender of the Lord / Personal Shield

On a new server, obviously go with the personal shield. 100% with BUS to +3. 100% with trina to +6. Defender of the lord is specifically meant for 1v1 against sins. The repel and DD make it a strong minor heal negation coupled with your damage should be enough to beat a sin's minor heal. End game goal should be the adamant 7 obviously for the stasis.

BP Weapons:

- Ruahue - Big AP. Will do the most damage.

- Mean Leonar - huge in 1v1. Blind messes up every class and gives you a big advantage. In party PK it can disorient the target, too.

Support Weapons:

- Lycaon hammer is great. Lobo hammer is fine. Holy animor is broken. Lupus hammer is a good off-hand MP recovery+ AP boost weapon for EXP and sometimes for PK. See the strategy section.

Here's images of all the relevant INT BP images (right click view image to zoom in) so you can get a feel for their stats:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    07-11-2023, 05:54 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    07-07-2023, 07:31 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    06-02-2022, 01:22 AM