Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

[Guide] INT BP & Tank Priest (2016)

This is a discussion on [Guide] INT BP & Tank Priest (2016) within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Originally Posted by anacondax So lets say i wanna build a BP, a high damage priest, which build will let ...
Page: 3

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by anacondax View Post
    So lets say i wanna build a BP, a high damage priest, which build will let me do that??? Lets say a Plate STR + best weapon vs a krowaz INT + best weapon
    The highest damage you're going to get is from the plate STR with the "best weapon" i.e. wirinom

i srsly think that (int/str) bp is no longer viable, maybe at the very beginning of a fresh new server but in the long term you'll just be a 1 hit and a pain in the ass to the party to play with, because you can't tank and have less dmg than the others unless you have way more items.

I have seen Wirinom around, +6 or +7 and it looks good, but i have seen another called Ascalon that looks better, what do you think?

PS: I have seen something weird with Ascalon even if its +0 or +7 it displays the same stats.
    PS2: What about Iron Impact +11 or Mirage+11 vs Wirinom...

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by anacondax View Post
    I have seen Wirinom around, +6 or +7 and it looks good, but i have seen another called Ascalon that looks better, what do you think?

PS: I have seen something weird with Ascalon even if its +0 or +7 it displays the same stats.
    PS2: What about Iron Impact +11 or Mirage+11 vs Wirinom...
    Best weapon for low mana BP is still hell breaker in my opinion; cheaper than a chaos wirinom which is either tied for first or in a close second depending on your $$$ situation.

Sword typically has the smoothest combo and some people don't have sword defense. ii 9 has more AP than mirage 9 but mirage 9 looks way cooler, has a better combo, and can hit harder depending on who you're hitting. Just go with the highest AP in your budget. Ascalon sounds noob.

or you just play 83 warrior with passion and deal double the damage. such smartass
    erdo1990 likes this.

if you're going to be a bp, like someone else said, paper is only good at the beginning of the server. after that, fp+9 all the way with a hell breaker.

I play this class in ares and is really fun for farming and xping...it is very solid

iTzBryan Senior Member

indeed! Its fun. too bad KO is long dead

Quote Originally Posted by itzbryan View Post
    Not so dead xD

What you think about the female and male class on priests Bryan?...i played a male priest for long time and after switch to female priest i didn't see any diference on skill's speed (heals, buffs and dbuffs)

KO-Guru Senior Member

you was right till the merge that happend in steam.. cypher is freaking active now.

Receiving a LOT of private messages asking for tips, builds, etc. mainly for INT battle priests and a few for tank priests. So let's do this properly:

INT BP:

FAQ -

1. What is an INT BP?
    In 2012, Knight Online changed the dynamic of the priest class allowing INT points to translate into attack power for 1-handed (1H) weapons creating a new build for battle priest (BP).

2. Does STR still provide attack power? Yes. STR still gives attack power as it always has for 2-handed (2H) weapons. However, it no longer gives attack power for 1-handed weapons -- INT does!

3. What is the AP:damage ratio for INT BP? Low. 0.38. Comparatively, archer = 1.22, sin = 1.59, warrior = 0.68

4. What does a low AP:damage ratio mean for INT BPs? It means that while you are frantically pumping INT into your character, you will see little difference in your damage output regardless of how high you can make your AP. During experimentation, it meant that a 38.94% increase in AP resulted in only a 14.81% increase in damage. The exception is during EXP. You will BLAST mobs with high INT and be everyone's favorite priest.

5. Does an “off-hand” mace provide an AP boost? Yes. But only if it has INT bonus. The actual attack power of the weapon does NOT affect your AP. Weapon bonuses do.

6. Does an “off-hand” mace’s elemental damage provide additional "R" damage? I don’t know.

7. What is the INT:AP ratio for INT BP? 1 INT = 4.11 base AP? I forgot. Sue me.

8. How much INT should I stat? 225-255; 255 being full-retard INT BP.

9. How do INT BP's compare to traditional STR BPs?
    They are more sustainable, deal less damage, require less skill, and are more competitive in competitive play. Additionally, the gear required is more suitable for tank items which allows for easy transition back and forth between BP and tank priest; I really love playing both builds, so this made INT BP the obvious choice for me.

10. What can I expect my stats to be like as a 1H INT BP compared to traditional 2H BPs?

2H Paper STR BP: High/Godly HP, high/Godly AP, low mana, low AC, no/low resists
    2H Plate STR BP: High HP, high AP, moderate mana, low/moderate AC, low resists - (balance; but good luck finding +9/+10 plate )
    2H FP STR BP: Moderate/high HP, moderate/high AP, moderate mana, moderate AC, moderate resists
    2H Chitin STR BP: Moderate HP, moderate AP, moderate/high mana, moderate/high AC, moderate resists
    1H Krowaz INT BP: High/Godly HP, low/moderate AP, Godly mana, Godly AC, Godly resists - (balance)

INT BPs are theoretically more balanced, making traditional 2H STR BPs obsolete.

11. Wait a minute, if INT BP’s AP:damage ratio is so low, wouldn’t it be enough to simply stat 190 INT (krowaz 8) and attack when the opportunity presents? Of course! But it is for this exact reason that many people don’t play INT BP (higher than 190 INT). The difference in damage is annoyingly low comparing 190 to 255 INT.

12. Why do you list so much alternative gear? Playing BP properly requires the ability to adapt to the fluidity of your opponent's party composition. If you aren't comfortable switching gear during PK, don't play BP.

13. What is a "dual-mace BP"? There's no such thing. After reading FAQ 12, understand that there are situations in which using a mace in the off-hand is advantageous, just as switching shields or accessories can be.

14. What is the advantage of being an INT BP vs tank vs STR BP? INT BPs are the most dynamic class in Knight Online. With specific regard to BPs, the Godly mana pool of an INT BP means that you can spam HP potions much longer than a 2H BP with low mana providing an obvious advantage. High AC, mana, and HP make you stand out less as a BP to your opponents. Playing the utility role means, as always, you are a priest first and foremost. Your job is to keep your party alive and find opportune times to supplement your party's damage; something a tank priest cannot do, nor can a traditional 2H BP survive long enough to make happen.

15. Your PK videos make my balls tingle, will I be able to do what you did in those videos? No. You suck.
    Hello nice guide dude. However, I wanted to clarify something.You said str determines attack for 2 handed weapon and int determines attack for one handed weapon. But if I have a full str bp are you saying that I can no longer use a hunguk/impact as a one handed weapon? Will I no longer get ap from those one handed weapons as a full str bp?I just came back to KO after a long break and I am a bp junkie so just trying to understand the new mechanics (yes i know bp is an underpowered class )

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BienadictA View Post
    Not so dead xD
    What you think about the female and male class on priests Bryan?...i played a male priest for long time and after switch to female priest i didn't see any diference on skill's speed (heals, buffs and dbuffs)
    Whoa sorry didn't see this. Honestly, female priest is superior. The cure speed is absolutely faster and I believe the cancel animation on female priest may have been smoother. Though it has been a year or two since I've played last.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooobie View Post
    Hello nice guide dude. However, I wanted to clarify something.You said str determines attack for 2 handed weapon and int determines attack for one handed weapon. But if I have a full str bp are you saying that I can no longer use a hunguk/impact as a one handed weapon? Will I no longer get ap from those one handed weapons as a full str bp?I just came back to KO after a long break and I am a bp junkie so just trying to understand the new mechanics (yes i know bp is an underpowered class )
    That is correct. Dual wield's AP is now from INT.
    BienadictA likes this.

Brian what do u recommend to use as a bp in rlb? Dual lilime3's or dual pe3's. I have a side warrior so I use pe's but does it worth to get lilimes to my bp?
    My gears are the following : dual pe3, in3, sos3, dual roc3, hb10, 4x9 1x10 str fabrik, dd25 fabrick, 4x9 hp fabs, cs10,ds9,dd48shield.

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBeepBeep View Post
    Brian what do u recommend to use as a bp in rlb? Dual lilime3's or dual pe3's. I have a side warrior so I use pe's but does it worth to get lilimes to my bp?
    My gears are the following : dual pe3, in3, sos3, dual roc3, hb10, 4x9 1x10 str fabrik, dd25 fabrick, 4x9 hp fabs, cs10,ds9,dd48shield.
    Depends if you need more AC or resists depending on your server I guess. I always preferred Lillimes, though.

I'm currently playing on a 70 cap server.

What build would you recommend?

Shell build , Chitin build or FP build with hp

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    07-11-2023, 05:54 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    07-07-2023, 07:31 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    06-02-2022, 01:22 AM