Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Half paper VS Complete?

This is a discussion on Half paper VS Complete? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I was recently thinking about going half paper mage. I am Fire, Ice, lvl 62 with pretty much fresh plat ...
Page: 1

Tazthespaz

Default Half paper VS Complete?

I was recently thinking about going half paper mage. I am Fire, Ice, lvl 62 with pretty much fresh plat and i'm lvling my ass off

Items:
    Glass belt
    Hell blood +8 (Could trade for Scorching staff +8)
    Flame ring +1 x2
    EP +1
    Bronze Earing +2
    Agate Earing +1
    Full complete set + DD helm
    and like 2.5gbs.

I was wondering if there is anyway as a Half paper mage to one: Have massive dmg
    And Two: Also me a HP whore?

If someone could post the pros and cons as well as my character point ditribution, like 112 intel or what ever, that would be awesome. Thanks all in advance!

what server and where are you going to be pking? rlb? going 70 +?

i personally havent tried half paper or cardboard as they call it, but thats because im ice.

Tazthespaz

Might go Light mage now :S anyway, for fire, i'm on girakon and RLB for PK

DeHealer

Depends on actually the style of Pk u want.
    U have pretty decent items, but still with them and Half paper, U wont be able to tank much..
    As for hp, I can estimate maybe around 400~50hp more than being complete.. Just a guess..
    I'd stick to the completes, make u less dependent of a priest

Banned

pb with an half paper its the resit weapon

more easy find crimson with def weapon than paper stuff with def weapon

i try both ( half paper / copplete)

and complete stay better you still can hit hard and ofc you gonna tank more

pimp101

get a paper DD helm and u will be fine with ur gears , also try to make ur armors +9 since they are only g2/3 they wont be too expensive

as for the damage yes it will go alot on Mobs and pretty decent amount in Pk

Full MP btw ^^

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

half paper is not worjt it at all im my opinon.

its either full paper or ful complete

why?

with full paper u have massive hp with and with those point in hp u can actually reach half paper ac.

if u went half paper u would prolly have same ac as paper build but lower hp..

so with paper u get same ac but higher hp.

and with complete u get highr ac and about the same hp.

give or take about 500 hp with complete vs 1k hp againts paper

In my opinion paper really dies too fast. My noob-mage is paper and it`s hilarious what trolls do to it. It can have like 2k hp more than complete-build and will still be a two-hit. Staffs for 112-int (oasis) or personal staff are in my opinion soo much better than wood+10 (damage-wise) so that`s the build I like on my big one.

Depends on level and server, I think in the 60s crystal is a good compromise. Will still hit hard and not die instantly. With paper IŽd go for 71str at least for a scorpion shield +8 - it keeps a lot of ppl away. There is no build that can usefully tank a pack of warriors so that`s never an option, at least not on ares.

1 point in hp is like 14 hp at lvl76, didn`t cut it for me compared to a lack of damage in general.

Quote Originally Posted by jesseblue View Post
    In my opinion paper really dies too fast. My noob-mage is paper and it`s hilarious what trolls do to it. It can have like 2k hp more than complete-build and will still be a two-hit. Staffs for 112-int (oasis) or personal staff are in my opinion soo much better than wood+10 (damage-wise) so that`s the build I like on my big one.

Depends on level and server, I think in the 60s crystal is a good compromise. Will still hit hard and not die instantly. With paper IŽd go for 71str at least for a scorpion shield +8 - it keeps a lot of ppl away. There is no build that can usefully tank a pack of warriors so that`s never an option, at least not on ares.

1 point in hp is like 14 hp at lvl76, didn`t cut it for me compared to a lack of damage in general.
    you said it urself ur "noob" paper mages dies to fast.

at lower lvls paer wont have much ac but as u start hitting 70+ the ac on paper increases greatly.

high lvl paper mage can have well above 900 ac which isnt all that bad since ur having like 7k hp.

if this mage is for dcz or rlb u gotta make a compromise bettween magic power and ac.

since at lvl 69 being paper mage is not good idea at all.

u end up with like 500 more hp than complete which is and much lower ac.

so for rlb the choice is either magic power or defense.

but when u go higher lvl ur and ur mp maxes out, paper starts to be much more tempting.

when u hit 77+ and start going into 80+ ur ac will be maybe like 125-150 less than complete build.

ill let the pictures do the talking.

all of the pictures are using +2 uniques except for belt which is iron belt +0

paper +9 armor complete +8 and linen +8

if u got linen +9 just add 54 ac and 15 more hp points

Last edited by gimmecookiesnao; 10-14-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Tazthespaz

Thank you soooo much givemecookiesnao! haha

I can see you spent time into pwning people haha

Thanks to all who replied!

Thank you for those graphics, that`s pretty damn helpful :-) it`s really amazing what you get for your stats, depending on the level.

Maybe this is also helpful to anyone

I did not always choose the ideal buffs, but enough to get an idea I hope. HP with first build (both are close to same mp) ist not that much higher than with second build. Shield will not influence HP (it`s five more compared to personal staff), uniques are +1 mostly, one rom+2 and pendant is +2 also) but ac will be 360 lower with staff.

Attack on level 18-Skill is roundabout half the damage with shield so it`s still not `okay, tp me out`-mode only.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao
    at lower lvls paer wont have much ac but as u start hitting 70+ the ac on paper increases greatly.

Dude you don't kno what your talking about. And obviously you have little experience on mage.(im sry, but im not sure if u got a lot of experience or not, but im sure as heck u got less experience compared to me.) If ur an ares newbie mage that thinks Justplay si a good/smart mage, then u have been misleaded. Justplay is terrible at vs and he is only good at ksing.
    i PLAY DCZ ardream Diez(most babashoped server) and im paper. I vs any1 anytime without talias. Char name Repulsion. Dude you seriously are on crack. Paper in ardream is the best as mage cuz the dmg is above everyone else. Look up the char named 0xi ; hes the best Sin in ardream diez and i beat him a couple of times, we are very evenly matched. I can vs most sins and win. Warriors simply suck in ardream, but some hit very hard. No1 else is a smart paper mage like me on that server. I'm getting another lycoan+11 rebirth soon, so i should be even more of a dominant mage. Other mages staff blade at most 450(ice/lr) but my fire manes hits like 600-700 so the dmg is not fair.
    Let me try to make it clear: With lycoan11 reversed Ap= 92 Hell8= 133 or something like that. But at low lvl like 59, the max Mp u can get is about 143 but with paper mage u can get 233. The differnce between blade aatck evens out. However the differnece in pillar and thorn, and most importantly manes of fire remains higher for paper. Not only that but paper mage have more Hp.(easier/cheaper to buy +9 paper than crimson9)

Do some more pking and not babashoping. Level up a mage and talk to other mages pk with mages and vs them. you prolly just vs some noobs and think u kno everything.
    Low lvl paper is the best. The dmg in my ardream mage makes up for the lack of AC. I deal 2x as dmg as paper mage comapred to int and thus i kill oponent faster. But when u go 70+ paper becomes less usefull becuase the blade skill in not s strong as other opennts blade skill is. Also at higher lvls it is stupid to go paper becuase you don't necessarily have the greater damage becuase at lvl 81 or 82 u can attain 255 mp as int mage.
    Many turks like being paper mage at lvl 80, but that is the stupid part. Paper at 80 is not smart becuase your staff atck is not as good unless you have the new staff(which im not too familiar with).Low lvl ardream is best to be paper.
    Side note: I love being lycoan paper mage in ardream becuase with a lycoan staff+fire talia and my fr resist(about 450 fr resist) i can walk into towers with a priest or two and simply kill eveyone in town solo.
    and In set is all you need. ROGUES always at low lvl have wp2 or pp3,for ap, priest i dunno and Ohter mages i dunno, but i got IN set and im a tank.
    Last edited by Electr1c; 10-19-2009 at 10:28 PM.

umm electric.. blow your own horn much mate? haha stick to ardream buddy.

On topic, he is RLB now. stop talkin about other shite. To be honest dude, as someone has already said, it depends on your style of pk. Your items are nice so either build is not going to be much of a problem. Obviously you will hit harder as cardboard because you can stat higher into mp. However i would say look into who your going to be pking with. If your in a clan and or party/pk and your the only mage, its more important for you to stay alive, so go complete. If your like factor mages on ares and party 6 mages 2 full healer debuffers then your quite likely to be safe as a full paper or cardboard. you will hit hard either build to be honest. In terms with you saying you might go light, i havent seen many good rlb light mages, but thats a clear cut complete if you ask me.

p.s i just read more of your post electric its burning my eyes fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Electr1c View Post
    Dude you don't kno what your talking about. And obviously you have little experience on mage.(im sry, but im not sure if u got a lot of experience or not, but im sure as heck u got less experience compared to me.) If ur an ares newbie mage that thinks Justplay si a good/smart mage, then u have been misleaded. Justplay is terrible at vs and he is only good at ksing.
    i PLAY DCZ ardream Diez(most babashoped server) and im paper. I vs any1 anytime without talias. Char name Repulsion. Dude you seriously are on crack. Paper in ardream is the best as mage cuz the dmg is above everyone else. Look up the char named 0xi ; hes the best Sin in ardream diez and i beat him a couple of times, we are very evenly matched. I can vs most sins and win. Warriors simply suck in ardream, but some hit very hard. No1 else is a smart paper mage like me on that server. I'm getting another lycoan+11 rebirth soon, so i should be even more of a dominant mage. Other mages staff blade at most 450(ice/lr) but my fire manes hits like 600-700 so the dmg is not fair.
    Let me try to make it clear: With lycoan11 reversed Ap= 92 Hell8= 133 or something like that. But at low lvl like 59, the max Mp u can get is about 143 but with paper mage u can get 233. The differnce between blade aatck evens out. However the differnece in pillar and thorn, and most importantly manes of fire remains higher for paper. Not only that but paper mage have more Hp.(easier/cheaper to buy +9 paper than crimson9)

Do some more pking and not babashoping. Level up a mage and talk to other mages pk with mages and vs them. you prolly just vs some noobs and think u kno everything.
    Low lvl paper is the best. The dmg in my ardream mage makes up for the lack of AC. I deal 2x as dmg as paper mage comapred to int and thus i kill oponent faster. But when u go 70+ paper becomes less usefull becuase the blade skill in not s strong as other opennts blade skill is. Also at higher lvls it is stupid to go paper becuase you don't necessarily have the greater damage becuase at lvl 81 or 82 u can attain 255 mp as int mage.
    Many turks like being paper mage at lvl 80, but that is the stupid part. Paper at 80 is not smart becuase your staff atck is not as good unless you have the new staff(which im not too familiar with).Low lvl ardream is best to be paper.
    Side note: I love being lycoan paper mage in ardream becuase with a lycoan staff+fire talia and my fr resist(about 450 fr resist) i can walk into towers with a priest or two and simply kill eveyone in town solo.
    and In set is all you need. ROGUES always at low lvl have wp2 or pp3,for ap, priest i dunno and Ohter mages i dunno, but i got IN set and im a tank.
    I didn't read all cause ur post is too chaotic...(so is mine ) but when I was paper with lycoan +9 and dual frs +3 i hit 450-550 with blade, and I could get 2-3 blades in the time i cast 1x manes (with r). Stated that... manes are useless as the only possible combo with manes is Launch R + manes which will fasten your attack speed by 0.00001 seconds...

And well yeah... ardream sins. When i played ardream on babysimontjeuh they would spike me for 450 and I had near 4k hp. Not even 2-3 good sins could take me down. Let alone if they were noobs.

Paper vs Int on high lvls just depends on what you like the most.
    Its like 1K ac, 8K hp, 4-5K mana vs 1.2K ac 6k hp 7-8k mana. Both stats are good, enough to survive, damage is the same cause of new staffs.

From your posts it seems that your the one talking without knowing anything. Like in the other post where you told me to learn how to play mage cause I only babashopped my gear. Haha. Evryone in diez knows i got my gear the hard way... by farming LOTS. U thought u knew better. Seems like u doing the same now. Talking out of your ass without really knowing a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Electr1c View Post

wow u really are a jackass if u would of read my post right i said that half paper is not good at all.

lets answer all ur stupid as remarks

first of all i never said being paper is a bad idea ANYWHERE

i siad that in rlb or dcz u have to make a choice between having high ac or high magic power.

also more hp than crimson build? are u fucking retarded?

u get 15 more hp points if u get paper +9 vs crimson +8 thats max like 150 hp.. in dcz of course

SO GET IT THROUGH UR HEAD

i only said that paper = high magic power
    and crimson= higher ac.

now lets go to your other stupid remark.

the new cursed staff doesnt have an int requirement

meaning DING DING yes a PAPER mage can use it.

now a paper mage vs a complete

in simple terms

paper mage 2k more hp than comlete mage
    same magic power

complete mage has 100-130 more ac than paper mage and 2k less hp.

also casting manes?? lol

if u vs me and u were casting manes i would destroy you

nuff said
    Last edited by gimmecookiesnao; 10-23-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast