noob rogue needs advice

This is a discussion on noob rogue needs advice within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hi all, I am new to ko and I have lvl 62 archer on c west. I am looking for ...
Page: 1

gammeth

Question noob rogue needs advice

Hi all,

I am new to ko and I have lvl 62 archer on c west. I am looking for some advice on what gear I should be trying to get. I am not baba and am trying not to spend real money so that will obviously limit the possibilities..

Currently I have
    FP +7 set
    IB +6
    Old agility belt and neck
    Quest jewels

I have about 100 mill atm. I make about 100 mill per week from farming.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

OldSchoolKO Staff Senior Member Professor's Avatar

Hi,

If you don't have the money or the friends that help you out to get items, if you want to be archer class instead of assassin i strongly suggest get a lvl 59 char and stick in ardream, you won't need a huge budget to buy items for archers like fp +8 and some bow that you can afford, i believe ironxbow +8 has more ap than iron bow +6, the important is the ap on an archer since this class has been made for attack from a certain distance and run.

I hope that helps, it is up to you if you take or disregard my advice, at least i tried

gammeth

Thanks Professor that is sound advice. In fact I am already lvling a second archer on the same account to 59 for ardream. The idea is that a will be able to share gear between the two. The main char will keep lvling in order to enter eslante etc.

What I need help with is which olds to get or other accessories that can be found cheap and shared between chars. Is there an issue with olds and sharing?

take into consideration that in order to compete with other archers and to be more effective, if you are on orc side there is no cooldown inbetween arrow shower which is amazing for pk.

but in order for arrow shower to be amazing you must get up and close to your targets which means you will be taking damage, so in this case the more tank you are the better off you will be. but be sure not to drain your ap to low because then you wont hit enough to kill people.

below i listed the lowest amount of gear you will need to make some type of impact in ardream, aside from being a 1 hit for the opposing nation.

chitin +7 - pauld and pads - 60m
    fp +8 - helm gaunts and boots - 300m?
    dual old elf metal earings - 50m
    old wp - 125m
    old shio - 25m
    old imir - 40m
    old skelly belt - 200m
    iron bow +7 - 150m

total - 950m

ps. im not sure about the sharing olds between different cares. but if you cant share them try to get dual foverins +0 because they gives str dex and hp + 40 ac and resist which is perfect for any type of char (except mage)
    get 1 shio 1 imir to get both ice and light gr because ardream mage can be pretty deadly if you have few resists. also i would worry about the rings last because the quest rings are already pretty amazing aside form the lack of ac.

once you have those items begin to increase your gear in this order.

iron bow +8 - 15gb?
    dual old rols - 10gb
    chit 6/7 dd helm - 7+gb
    chit8 pauld pads - 10gb
    wp+1 - 12gb

and so forth..

as you can see once you get the basics it can be quite expensive to move up to that next lvl.

gl.

Hi bro...!

I woulndt recomment u get the shios... Thats basicly -25m when u change to rols, since they cannot be old, and not urgent... As an archer u might aswell use ur quest jewels, untill you can get rols.

Here is my advice.

1: Start reselling items. Farming will get you money, but the time and effort doesnt make it worth the trouble, u should coordinate ur active playtime better, and make money while afk.

I suggest, u buy chitin amor. Eksample, market random is 40m. Go look for people selling it for 35m buy ALL the pices u can get ur hands on thats cheaper than normal. Up ur merchant and enjoy life while making money, this way you can make avg. proffit of 20m a day while being afk.

TIP: When you are selling, dont overprize ur items, buy cheap sell for normal.

2: Get a clan. Getting a clan allows you to farm monster stones, and get u in where u can get the GG +0 uniques.

3: DONT upgrade any of your items urself, upgrading is very rarely proffitable, and you are gambling with money u cannot affort to loose.

Here is how i will put it up in prioritys:

1: Better weapon.... Its simple ur ap makes you kill faster, and thats critical to basicly any class. Attack > defence.

2: Better jewels. I would recommend u start with dual RE since its the cheapest, then PP, then skele belt, then rols, use quest jewels untill u get it.

3: Amor, fp > chitin > shell > krowaz, no need for +8, go for +7s all the way, unless you got to much money and dunno what else to buy

The basics is, the one who makes it to +9īs and +3īs got a plan on howto...
    Last edited by BRUTALISS; 12-02-2010 at 03:17 AM.

Banned

buy ib +5rev and go for +11rev like this noob up ^^^^ Me <3

You can place your old accessories in your inn and use them for any characters on the account.

gammeth

Big thanks to all who posted. It has been a good help.
    I. Have a long way to go but at least I have a goal now.

Btw I play Karus side so have the as/ms combo. However my preferred style of play is more hit and run... an archer just shouldn't be a tank..

On the matter of reselling to make cash, I have dabbled at it, for example bought old sse for 35 sold for 45, but until I study the markets more it is too risky for now.

Recently I have been xp solo at the trons and have made a ton of cash on collecting and upgrading the FP and crystal that they drop. But I know its only a matter of time till the evil anvil bites my bum.

Seems to me that the whole set up of the game will eventually lead me to the path of the baba..or trying to buy gbs from someone. LOL kinda the point I guess.

Jurasic

Quote Originally Posted by gammeth View Post

Btw I play Karus side so have the as/ms combo. However my preferred style of play is more hit and run... an archer just shouldn't be a tank..

On the matter of reselling to make cash, I have dabbled at it, for example bought old sse for 35 sold for 45, but until I study the markets more it is too risky for now.

Recently I have been xp solo at the trons and have made a ton of cash on collecting and upgrading the FP and crystal that they drop. But I know its only a matter of time till the evil anvil bites my bum.

Seems to me that the whole set up of the game will eventually lead me to the path of the baba..or trying to buy gbs from someone. LOL kinda the point I guess.
    Nah u wont become a baba if u can keep u r nerve even in the toughest of the time.

The way in which u r going as u said above i am pretty sure u will get GB figure soon.But the problem starts when u finally make hard earned GB, u might may turn crazzy and out of maddnnes u may burn u r money.So try to take a vacation when u r there.

And this is coming from the non other than the crazy merchanting freak who spend 99% of his time in ko for merchanting than Pk [since 2006].I nearly burnt 20GB worth of money in my 4 quitting frenzy.

Also one more thing the old uniques which appear slightly grayed cannot be exchanged btw chars so look out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by gammeth View Post

Dont use money in the game... Simply work hard as u can and u will get GG gears fast, when you got some good gears, you can sell it urself for USD, then buy premium, or other items for $$$.

Do the math... If you can resell worth 20m a day:

20*30 = 6gb a month.

6x12 = 72gb / year.

Do that on more than one character and it will double. When you get items 10gb > start having 24/7 merchant next to ur main, so if you have 2 computers you can merchant on one of them, while shoot out sell 10gb+ items on the other (when you are to borred to play)

the more items u get, the more poffit u can make...

Pm me with ur nickname, i can help u farm / level <3 farming tho my char is geared...

oh and i have a level 61 priest, if you wanna boss farm with me, then ill give u pass, if you heal i can tank any estlant boss and i will allways share drop 50/50, so that will allso make money for you fast...

reselling is a great way to make money, especially if you have 2 computers and you can use 1 to merch and use another to shout or to farm items.

farming fp and making +7 is a great way to make some cash,everyone once in a while you will burn a bunch but because you are farming the items you will mostly only lose some time not money.

Also im not sure if there is a mob that drops alot of middle class scrolls but if there is, farming them is also a good idea to make it 100% profit. you can sell fp7 for 7-110m depending on type and part so its a great way to make sme extra cash, could be 20-30m a day depending on your luck and time.

gl.