1hand staff + 70 cursed club 1h

This is a discussion on 1hand staff + 70 cursed club 1h within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; The question might be a bit noob but i can't test it cuz i'm not still 70. Anyway, i would ...
Page: 1

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

Default 1hand staff + 70 cursed club 1h

The question might be a bit noob but i can't test it cuz i'm not still 70.
    Anyway, i would like to know if someone tried to use a mean leonard club+7 (or any other 1 HD cursed club) on main hand and the unique halloween staff on the 2nd hand.
    Did someone tested if the dmg done using 72 staff attack will improve tnx to the club stats?
    The leonard+7 has 128 ap /100 glaciar dmg..will you really do a nice/decent staff dmg using it? ( of course combined with the 1hd staff so that u can use blade attack)

FuNkSta

I would assume that you could not because all staffs are 2handed weapons. But I don't know for sure cause I don't have a Halloween Cane. Ive cast a few spells while wearing a leonard by itself and the ap and elem damage didn't seem to make much difference.

i can ensure you that wearing halloween cane + an other weapon like a club will let you use the staff attack but i can't test its dmg yet neither becouse i haven't got a leonard nor cuz i 'm not 72 yet.

I would assume that the dmg done should be lower than normal but i was wondering how much lower.

i know u can weild both...but im 99% sure it wont improve much...maybe a tiny bit cause your ap will rise from the STR bonus of the leonard but thats all...

btw cane must be main hand leonard offhand cause u cant use a staff attack with a club

Wrong. the main point is that HCane can be used on both hands.
    So..your basic ap will be calculated by using a 127 ap club on main hand (or i think so) and ( i guess ) barely influenced by the Hcane super low ap on the second hand.

Btw i can't believe there's no int mage that tried it
    Last edited by inarco; 04-28-2010 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by inarco View Post
    Wrong. the main point is that HCane can be used on both hands.
    So..your basic ap will be calculated by using a 127 ap club on main hand (or i think so) and ( i guess ) barely influenced by the Hcane super low ap on the second hand.

Btw i can't believe there's no int mage that tried it
    i tried with lycaeon in main and cane in off hand...doesnt work, cane MUST be main hand

LOl ?! really? i got a club and i use it on my main hand while the cane is on the 2nd!

TNM

I had a leo+7 once, but i only remember the curse working and being able to staff with cane in either hand. I can't remember there being a big damage difference (so assume there isn't )

Quote Originally Posted by inarco View Post
    LOl ?! really? i got a club and i use it on my main hand while the cane is on the 2nd!
    k well i tested this quite a while ago so must of changed...

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Cane was always applicable only to the main hand. Unless they changed it with this new Choas expansion. I simply don't see the point of having a "1 handed weapon" as it's honestly pointless... you either support, or you play damage. If you've played mage long enough you would know when to switch between the staff and shields in order 1) not to die (putting shield on), and 2) slowing/stunning opponents (usually aoe wise by putting the staff on).

From what I see you are "trying" to create diversity to the class and make a new image to the mage support class, but I see it as a fail. This game is not as complex as some such as WoW to have tons of builds you can go for, so even if someone was to play the game for a month, they would know all the builds for the mage even if it wasn't their main class.

As you see from the pic i'm wearing a club on 1st hand and the staff on 2nd hand.

There fore i asked if someone has the chance to test a 70+ cursed 1h club on main hand..combined with the cane on 2nd hand and see if u still hit harder with 72 staff skill...since the club got the same ap of cursed staff and better stats..and cuz it's cheaper too XD

p.s. the leonard does not require str too..just int or am i wrong? (dunno why kok shows str on them...i don't see any str required while i'm ingame)

it only requires int